Author Topic: Michael Cohen pleads guilty. Implicates a "candidate" for federal office(Trump)  (Read 15141 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2485
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The story I am liking is the Russians using the redhead, Maria Butina, to infiltrate the NRA under the pretense that the Russians are into gun rights.  Seriously, I am sure Putin wants Russian citizens armed?  Looks like a large number of NRA officials went, all expenses paid, to Russia?  And some hint that the NRA gave more than twice as much to the Trump campaign as to Romney--but where did the NRA get the $30 million?

The movie that comes out about all this in 10 years is going to phenomenal.

Personally I'm hoping for:

1) Christian Bale as Trump because shut up that's gonna work.

2) An aging Channing Tatum as Mike Pence

3) Edward Norton as Robert Mueller

4) Allison Brie as Maria Butin....as the russian lady.

5) Charlize Theron as Ivanka

6) Josh Hartnett as Jared Kushner...

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 86
The story I am liking is the Russians using the redhead, Maria Butina, to infiltrate the NRA under the pretense that the Russians are into gun rights.  Seriously, I am sure Putin wants Russian citizens armed?  Looks like a large number of NRA officials went, all expenses paid, to Russia?  And some hint that the NRA gave more than twice as much to the Trump campaign as to Romney--but where did the NRA get the $30 million?

I am buying my ticket!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2190
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

A heavily CGI'ed Andy Serkis as Steve Bannon

Viggo Mortensen as Putin

John C Reilly as both Don Jr and Eric (different wigs and, for some reason, accents)

And Anthony Scaramucci as himself makes a surprise cameo where Bale immediately says "get the eff out of here", then they cut the scene from the movie and never show it to anybody.

This thing writes itself!

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6039

Viggo Mortensen as Putin

John C Reilly as both Don Jr and Eric (different wigs and, for some reason, accents)

And Anthony Scaramucci as himself makes a surprise cameo where Bale immediately says "get the eff out of here", then they cut the scene from the movie and never show it to anybody.

I can see Trump calling the production company insisting on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing Trump because he is biggly.

Offline hpantazo

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 651

Viggo Mortensen as Putin

I can see Trump calling the production company insisting on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing Trump because he is biggly.

Definitely. And he will insist on the younger version of himself being played by a CGI Elvis Presley

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-elvis-presley-lookalike-1232301

Offline hpantazo

• Dennis Johnson

Viggo Mortensen as Putin

Mortensen would make an awesome Putin!

Offline slamtheking

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 9117

Viggo Mortensen as Putin

Mortensen would make an awesome Putin!
would have to find someone other than Charlize and Harnett for those roles.  they're already older than Ivanka and Jared now, never mind how they'll look in another 10 years.

as for Trump, I'd love to see Paul Giamatti.  great actor and he ain't pretty.  would p--- off Trump royally.  better yet, wonder if Clyde from Every Which Way But Loose is still around ;)

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Shouldn't Alec Baldwin be playing Trump?

Offline blink

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 572

I don't think so, I have to admit I don't like his trump....

Honestly, I haven't seen any really good trumps.  anyone?

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2190
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I don't think so, I have to admit I don't like his trump....

Honestly, I haven't seen any really good trumps.  anyone?

Tony Ataminiuk is by far the best I've seen. He goes a lot darker with it though. More like satire to Baldwin's parody.

Here's a good example, it's a Trump vs Bernie debate from the primaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Poi5x0E2CM

Offline slamtheking

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 9117
that'd be like Dana Carvey playing Bush when the inevitable bio movie comes out

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Okay. It's been fun with the movie stuff but let's get back on subject.

Offline blink

• Don Nelson
well Michael Cohen just agreed to testify in public to congress, I think that qualifies as on topic.
wow.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/michael-cohen-testify-congress/index.html

Offline blink

• Don Nelson
"The Oversight hearing may not be Cohen’s only appearance. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said he welcomes Cohen’s testimony before the Oversight panel, but “it will be necessary, however, for Mr. Cohen to answer questions pertaining to the Russia investigation, and we hope to schedule a closed session before our committee in the near future.”

So Cohen is also going to be going before the house intelligence committee in private as per Adam Schiff

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michael-cohen-to-testify-publicly-before-congress-next-month/2019/01/10/23a8b8f8-151e-11e9-ab79-30cd4f7926f2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e97ea51f06a6

Michael Cohen postpones Congressional testimony, citing threats to family.
« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Ray Allen

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics/michael-cohen-testimony-postponed/index.html

President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen announced he is postponing his public congressional testimony that was scheduled for February 7, citing "ongoing threats against his family from President Trump" and his attorney.

Democrats are considering whether to subpoena Cohen to force him to testify, and at least one senior Democrat on the House Oversight Committee said he expects Chairman Elijah Cummings of Maryland to issue such a subpoena.
"Due to ongoing threats against his family from President Trump and Mr. Giuliani, as recently as this weekend, as well as Mr. Cohen's continued cooperation with ongoing investigations, by advice of counsel, Mr. Cohen's appearance will be postponed to a later date," Cohen's attorney Lanny Davis said in a statement. "Mr. Cohen wishes to thank Chairman Cummings for allowing him to appear before the House Oversight Committee and looks forward to testifying at the appropriate time."

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required