Author Topic: Michael Cohen pleads guilty. Implicates a "candidate" for federal office(Trump)  (Read 21692 times)

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 752
I just really hope that there are sealed indictments waiting for Trump after he is either impeached, steps down, or fails to get re-elected.  How can anyone feel that justice is served when Cohen goes to jail for committing a crime, but the person who directed him to do it gets nothing?

Offline MattyIce

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 148
Does anyone think Trump hasn't committed felonies?

Thatís a good question. Is there anyone out there today who honestly believes Trump is innocent?
About 38% of the country. That's why he comes out with ridiculous excuses and lies about:

- He knew nothing of the payments to the two women.
- He never had relations with the two women.
- He knew about the women but told Cohen to take care of it and Cohen is a lawyer so he should have known how to do it legally
- The payments to the women aren't campaign contribution so aren't illegal
- All this never occurred. It's just that SDNY told Cohen to plead to completely false charges and they would give him a lighter sentence on his personal crimes just so they could take him down.
- He didn't collude
- Even if he did collude collusion isn't a crime
- The entire economic boom is all because of him
- Etc.

Just so his base can not believe the truth and give them excuses to still vote for him.

I'm not his base but i either A) don't believe hush $ is illegal or B)want the other members of congress to be held to the same standard.
I think paying someone for their silence with a non-disclosure agreement is legal. What made this illegal was it was done with the intent to affect an election so then it is considered an undisclosed, illegal campaign contribution and fraud.

I do wonder though with all Trump's cronies being indicted and the possibilities of more fraud and tax evasion, if it is found, in the Trump owned companies and Trump personally, plus obstruction of justice, witness tampering charges and collusion on top of that with all those charges being charged to Trump, Trump, Jr. and Kushner, if the feds could charge all of them under RICO charges. Obviously this would be a worse case scenario....but it might be possible.

my opinion is that all these congress hush $ payments are made for whomever's upcoming election. 

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge
Since this is the only recent Trump related thread, I thought I should put it here.  I can start a new topic if the mods want me to.

very interesting things going on at the US Courthouse in Washington today...hmm makes you wonder who would garner that much secrecy? 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/mystery-mueller-subpoena-fight-1065409

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8053
Since this is the only recent Trump related thread, I thought I should put it here.  I can start a new topic if the mods want me to.

very interesting things going on at the US Courthouse in Washington today...hmm makes you wonder who would garner that much secrecy? 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/mystery-mueller-subpoena-fight-1065409
The article speculated the person fighting the subpoena could be Trump. Makes sense since they shut down an entire floor to have the hearing and a judge with Trump White House ties recused himself of this appellate court hearing.

Offline Surferdad

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 767
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The article speculated the person fighting the subpoena could be Trump. Makes sense since they shut down an entire floor to have the hearing and a judge with Trump White House ties recused himself of this appellate court hearing.
Good read.  Somehow I doubt it's Trump himself.  Glad to see the judge recusal.

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

Good read.  Somehow I doubt it's Trump himself.  Glad to see the judge recusal.

As much as I would like it to be Trump, I guess I have my doubts as well.  I mean why go through with the take home questions at the same time as pressing a subpoena?  Wouldn't have Trump refused to answer written questions if he was in an ongoing months long subpoena battle?

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Thatís a good question. Is there anyone out there today who honestly believes Trump is innocent?
About 38% of the country. That's why he comes out with ridiculous excuses and lies about:

- He knew about the women but told Cohen to take care of it and Cohen is a lawyer so he should have known how to do it legally
- All this never occurred. It's just that SDNY told Cohen to plead to completely false charges and they would give him a lighter sentence on his personal crimes just so they could take him down.
- He didn't collude
- Etc.

Just so his base can not believe the truth and give them excuses to still vote for him.

I'm not his base but i either A) don't believe hush $ is illegal or B)want the other members of congress to be held to the same standard.
I think paying someone for their silence with a non-disclosure agreement is legal. What made this illegal was it was done with the intent to affect an election so then it is considered an undisclosed, illegal campaign contribution and fraud.

It's not just that - if Trump had paid himself he'd probably be in the clear, secret or not. They used Cohen's shell corporation to make the payment out of Cohen's own money, then he was reimbursed far more than he paid (no telling if other unknown payments were part of that though) through submitting sham invoices to Trump Org.  So at least two corporations involved in a contribution that exceeded legal limits and a dubious reimbursement to boot.

The Enquirer catch and kill payoff is even worse as I believe they were never reimbursed, so Trump's own $ never even enters the equation.

BTW on the inauguration piece, I've been waiting for that to come out. Inaugurations are notorious slush funds and Trump & Co are of course both more overtly corrupt with pay-to-play and much sloppier about going about it.  They raised $107 million and the centerpiece was a 3 Doors Down/Toby Keith concert!  To compare Obama in 09 raised about $30 million and put on a Beyonce/U2/Springsteen/a million other acts show to about 4x as many people. It's sketchy as hell and I hope we get to the bottom of it.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
BTW on the inauguration piece, I've been waiting for that to come out. Inaugurations are notorious slush funds and Trump & Co are of course both more overtly corrupt with pay-to-play and much sloppier about going about it.  They raised $107 million and the centerpiece was a 3 Doors Down/Toby Keith concert!  To compare Obama in 09 raised about $30 million and put on a Beyonce/U2/Springsteen/a million other acts show to about 4x as many people. It's sketchy as hell and I hope we get to the bottom of it.

And just like clockwork a new story on it. The Trump Inaugural rented venue space from...Trump's own hotel, and the "negotiations" between the two were run by Ivanka Trump. They've got emails complaining the hotel was price gouging.  The grifting just never stops with these people.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-trumps-inauguration-paid-trumps-company-with-ivanka-in-the-middle

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

- He didn't collude
- Etc.

I do wonder though with all Trump's cronies being indicted and the possibilities of more fraud and tax evasion, if it is found, in the Trump owned companies and Trump personally, plus obstruction of justice, witness tampering charges and collusion on top of that with all those charges being charged to Trump, Trump, Jr. and Kushner, if the feds could charge all of them under RICO charges. Obviously this would be a worse case scenario....but it might be possible.

It's not just that - if Trump had paid himself he'd probably be in the clear.  They used Cohen's shell corporation to make the payment out of Cohen's own money, then he was reimbursed far more than he paid (no telling if other unknown payments were part of that though) through submitting sham invoices to Trump Org.  So at least two corporations involved in a contribution that exceeded legal limits and a dubious reimbursement to boot.

The Enquirer catch and kill payoff is even worse as I believe they were never reimbursed, so Trump's own $ never even enters the equation.

yeah Trump even made money directly from the committee as they stayed at his washington hotel...lol what a cluster blank.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-trumps-inauguration-paid-trumps-company-with-ivanka-in-the-middle

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

And just like clockwork a new story on it. The Trump Inaugural rented venue space from...Trump's own hotel, and the "negotiations" between the two were run by Ivanka Trump. They've got emails complaining the hotel was price gouging.  The grifting just never stops with these people.

ah man we must watch the same twitter feeds...lol
I swear yours wasn't up when I posted mine.
I am saying that a lot lately.

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 88

Of course he did.

Does anyone believe Donald thought that, within weeks of the election, it was okay to pay a **** star, Stormy,  to keep silent and to have the Enquirer buy his mistresses story with the intent of never publishing it in order to hide the truth from the public?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:15:17 PM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 88
The story I am liking is the Russians using the redhead, Maria Butina, to infiltrate the NRA under the pretense that the Russians are into gun rights.  Seriously, I am sure Putin wants Russian citizens armed?  Looks like a large number of NRA officials went, all expenses paid, to Russia?  And some hint that the NRA gave more than twice as much to the Trump campaign as to Romney--but where did the NRA get the $30 million?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

Offline heyvik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 64

- He didn't collude
- Etc.

It's not just that - if Trump had paid himself he'd probably be in the clear.  They used Cohen's shell corporation to make the payment out of Cohen's own money, then he was reimbursed far more than he paid (no telling if other unknown payments were part of that though) through submitting sham invoices to Trump Org.  So at least two corporations involved in a contribution that exceeded legal limits and a dubious reimbursement to boot.

yeah Trump even made money directly from the committee as they stayed at his washington hotel...lol what a cluster blank.

Such an insightful read. 
If anyone on the Right had issues with Obama paying his mother-in-law to be a nanny for his two kids and NOW is turning a blind eye to the GOUGING that Trump Inc and Org made by overcharging at his hotel, then you really are UN-American.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

ah man we must watch the same twitter feeds...lol
I swear yours wasn't up when I posted mine.
I am saying that a lot lately.

No worries, the important thing is that neither one of us are working.

Offline heyvik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 64
The story I am liking is the Russians using the redhead, Maria Butina, to infiltrate the NRA under the pretense that the Russians are into gun rights.  Seriously, I am sure Putin wants Russian citizens armed?  Looks like a large number of NRA officials went, all expenses paid, to Russia?  And some hint that the NRA gave more than twice as much to the Trump campaign as to Romney--but where did the NRA get the $30 million?

I am very interested in knowing more about this Federal Case. I really think the staunciest supporters of Trump, including Mitch and Hatch may have a stake in this. I think there's dirty money here going into the pockets of these 2 as well as into leadership at the NRA.