Author Topic: Michael Cohen pleads guilty. Implicates a "candidate" for federal office(Trump)  (Read 21694 times)

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8053
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Now the Trump Inaugural Committee is being investigated for possible crime of donating to the committee for political favors. Most of the donations were for over a million dollars and total donations came to a record $107 million.

Looks like they may have gotten some evidence from recordings Cohen made.

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 752
On the same day, today, more legal trouble for Trump.  Trump's inaugural committee is now under federal investigation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-inaugural-committee-under-criminal-investigation-misuse-funds-pay-play-n947776

At some point Trump's brain is going to implode with all of these investigations hounding him day and night.  With the Democratic leadership taking control of the House in a few weeks this is only going to get worse for Trump.

Who in their right mind wants to be chief of staff for Trump right now?

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Now the Trump Inaugural Committee is being investigated for possible crime of donating to the committee for political favors. Most of the donations were for over a million dollars and total donations came to a record $107 million.

Looks like they may have gotten some evidence from recordings Cohen made.

I swear your post wasn't up when I started typing lol

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith
On the same day, today, more legal trouble for Trump.  Trump's inaugural committee is now under federal investigation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-inaugural-committee-under-criminal-investigation-misuse-funds-pay-play-n947776

At some point Trump's brain is going to implode with all of these investigations hounding him day and night.  With the Democratic leadership taking control of the House in a few weeks this is only going to get worse for Trump.

Beat you by a minute. Lol. TP...great minds and all that

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

Beat you by a minute. Lol. TP...great minds and all that

right back at ya!

Offline liam

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1369
Does anyone think Trump hasn't committed felonies?

Offline hpantazo

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 758

Thatís a good question. Is there anyone out there today who honestly believes Trump is innocent?

Offline heyvik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 64

Thatís a good question. Is there anyone out there today who honestly believes Trump is innocent?

If...IF you hear from Trumpsters, you will hear this - "Trump was set up by the Deep State" or "Mueller is backed by Soros", or "Obama sent spies to infiltrate the Trump camp" or "Hillary's emails"....and then a link saying don't trust the MSM with an attached YouTube link. Its amazing how you can look the other way and say facts don't matter.

I will sit back and WAIT to see how long it takes someone to respond.....I haven't been seeing many Rwing responses on the CS site recently - I wonder why....

Offline hpantazo

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 758

If...IF you hear from Trumpsters, you will hear this - "Trump was set up by the Deep State" or "Mueller is backed by Soros", or "Obama sent spies to infiltrate the Trump camp" or "Hillary's emails"....and then a link saying don't trust the MSM with an attached YouTube link. Its amazing how you can look the other way and say facts don't matter.

I will sit back and WAIT to see how long it takes someone to respond.....I haven't been seeing many Rwing responses on the CS site recently - I wonder why....

Iíd like to see the right wing stand up for the principles of our nation and take back their party and their self respect. They do not need to be defined by Trump or blindly support a criminal as our president

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith

About 38% of the country. That's why he comes out with ridiculous excuses and lies about:

- He knew nothing of the payments to the two women.
- He never had relations with the two women.
- He knew about the women but told Cohen to take care of it and Cohen is a lawyer so he should have known how to do it legally
- The payments to the women aren't campaign contribution so aren't illegal
- All this never occurred. It's just that SDNY told Cohen to plead to completely false charges and they would give him a lighter sentence on his personal crimes just so they could take him down.
- He didn't collude
- Even if he did collude collusion isn't a crime
- The entire economic boom is all because of him
- Etc.

Just so his base can not believe the truth and give them excuses to still vote for him.

Offline mef730

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 668

TP. There's always something.

For those who don't speak Conspiracy, let me translate:

"Trump was set up by the deep state" means "I'm paranoid."
"Mueller is backed by Soros" means "The Jews did it."
"Obama sent spies to infiltrate the Trump camp" means "The black guy did it."
"Hillary's emails" means "I've run out of people to blame."

Mike

Offline MattyIce

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 148

About 38% of the country. That's why he comes out with ridiculous excuses and lies about:

- He knew about the women but told Cohen to take care of it and Cohen is a lawyer so he should have known how to do it legally
- All this never occurred. It's just that SDNY told Cohen to plead to completely false charges and they would give him a lighter sentence on his personal crimes just so they could take him down.
- He didn't collude
- Etc.

Just so his base can not believe the truth and give them excuses to still vote for him.

I'm not his base but i either A) don't believe hush $ is illegal or B)want the other members of congress to be held to the same standard. 

Offline blink

• Danny Ainge

I don't know how anyone can say that after Cohen was sentenced, and the sentencing document basically called Trump out as an unindicted co-conspirator.  Add that to the fact that Cohen and Pecker both say that Trump initiated and coordinated everything.  Those are thick rose colored glasses if you don't see criminal activity at this point.

The bigger thing is that this is probably the tip of the iceberg.  I wouldn't be surprised that in 6-8 months from now these crimes might seem small potatoes to other stuff that gets exposed.

Offline Tr1boy

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 677
How is Trump not impeached after this?

Go after all of his crew and make him resign on his own?

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith

- He didn't collude
- Etc.

I'm not his base but i either A) don't believe hush $ is illegal or B)want the other members of congress to be held to the same standard.
I think paying someone for their silence with a non-disclosure agreement is legal. What made this illegal was it was done with the intent to affect an election so then it is considered an undisclosed, illegal campaign contribution and fraud.

I do wonder though with all Trump's cronies being indicted and the possibilities of more fraud and tax evasion, if it is found, in the Trump owned companies and Trump personally, plus obstruction of justice, witness tampering charges and collusion on top of that with all those charges being charged to Trump, Trump, Jr. and Kushner, if the feds could charge all of them under RICO charges. Obviously this would be a worse case scenario....but it might be possible.