Author Topic: Guiliani changes stance. Now only Trump didn't collude with Russia. Not campaign  (Read 519 times)

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8053
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2019-01-17/i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-trump-lawyer-says

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani now says he "never said there was no collusion" between Russia and members of Trump's 2016 White House campaign, contradicting public positions that he and his client have taken.

Giuliani, who previously called the idea of Russian collusion "total fake news," appears to have left open the possibility of improper contacts, in light of court filings in the past year that have detailed ties between Trump aides and Russia.

After his comments in a CNN interview Wednesday night, the former New York City mayor tried to clarify what he meant.

"I represent only President Trump not the Trump campaign. There was no collusion by President Trump in any way, shape or form. Likewise, I have no knowledge of any collusion by any of the thousands of people who worked on the campaign," Giuliani said Thursday.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics/donald-trump-rudy-giuliani-collusion/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

"I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or people in the campaign. I said the President of the United States. There is not a single bit of evidence the President of the United States committed the only crime you can commit here, conspiring with the Russians to hack the DNC."

So now, apparently, he only knows that Trump didn't collude with Russia and doesn't speak for the entire campaign. So all this time when he said over and over again there was no collusion with anyone in the campaign, he meant just Donald Trump.

Apparently he wasn't speaking for Flynn, Gates, Manafort, Papadopoulus, Cohen, Kushner or Trump, Jr or anyone else other than Trump, when he declared no collusion between the campaign and Russia. BTW, I can go get dozens of quotes by both Trump and Guiliani saying no collusion between the campaign and Russia.

I guess finding out that Kilimnik was still an ongoing person of interest in the investigation and that Kilimnik actually sat down with Mueller must have changed things.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27138
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Giuliani is crazy.
Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat. CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012.

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Giuliani is crazy.
Bat crap crazy. I agree. What happened to that brilliant guy that took down the mob? It's hard to believe that he is the same guy.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2736
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I still cannot believe Rudy was the guy Trump settled on. It'd be funny if he just pulled Rudy as soon as the Mueller investigation concludes and trots out some like...actually competent person he'd planned on using all along. Mueller's out here playing checkers, Trump's playing backgammon.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The Trump Crime Family is going to be indicted.

Offline nickagneta

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Trump Crime Family is going to be indicted.
I think this is a pretty funny joke, Chris. What makes it so funny is if Trump and a bunch of his associates were brought down through RICO charges, you know, the same RICO statutes that Rudy Guiliani made so famous.

Oh the irony.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bob Cousy
  • Tommy Points: 1251
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team