Time to Look Ahead to 2019?

Yep, done deal
4 (50%)
Nah, Celts improve post-ASB
2 (25%)
TP, tar
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Marcus Thornton to sign 10-day contract with Cavs  (Read 1003 times)

Marcus Thornton to sign 10-day contract with Cavs
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The Cavs will reportedly sign Marcus Thornton to a 10-day contract.  Obviously a power move by LBJ and company, and unforunately begs the question: Is it time for us to start looking ahead to 2019?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/cavaliers-marcus-thornton-signing-10-day-contract-with-cavaliers/
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Marcus Thornton to sign 10-day contract with Cavs
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
TP, tar!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:11:15 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
TP, tar!

Great choice.  You never cease to amaze me, young man.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Just proves DA can draft. !!!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
The Cavs will reportedly sign Marcus Thornton to a 10-day contract.  Obviously a power move by LBJ and company, and unforunately begs the question: Is it time for us to start looking ahead to 2019?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/cavaliers-marcus-thornton-signing-10-day-contract-with-cavaliers/
Wow, I’ve never seen anything like the link you just posted.

It says “Marcus Thornton signs 10 day contract with Cavs” but it shows a picture of old Marcus Thornton. Old Marcus Thornton is the combo guard who played for the celtics one year and is an 8 year veteran. That’s actually wrong, as the Cavs have signed NEW Marcus Thornton, who the celtics drafted in 2015 and hasn’t yet played in the NBA. You might think "oh, common mistake”. But then the writer says, "He's spent the entirety of his season with the G-League's Grand Rapids Drive, where he's averaged 18.9 points over 24.6 minutes”. That’s actually right, as that is where new Marcus Thornton has been playing. But he ALSO says, "Thornton hasn't played an NBA game since the 2016-2017 season, when he played 33 games for the Washington Wizards”. He’s back to talking about old Marcus Thornton again.

I’ve never seen someone get so confused by such a small transaction, and I think some people still don’t know which Marcus Thornton the Cavs just signed.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

It says “Marcus Thornton signs 10 day contract with Cavs” but it shows a picture of old Marcus Thornton. Old Marcus Thornton is the combo guard who played for the celtics one year and is an 8 year veteran. That’s actually wrong, as the Cavs have signed NEW Marcus Thornton, who the celtics drafted in 2015 and hasn’t yet played in the NBA. You might think "oh, common mistake”. But then the writer says, "He's spent the entirety of his season with the G-League's Grand Rapids Drive, where he's averaged 18.9 points over 24.6 minutes”. That’s actually right, as that is where new Marcus Thornton has been playing. But he ALSO says, "Thornton hasn't played an NBA game since the 2016-2017 season, when he played 33 games for the Washington Wizards”. He’s back to talking about old Marcus Thornton again.

I’ve never seen someone get so confused by such a small transaction, and I think some people still don’t know which Marcus Thornton the Cavs just signed.

I remember that there was a period when DraftExpress.com had their information a bit munged on their respective web pages.  I can't remember exactly how it was messed up, but I know that it was at one point.  Like Older MT's picture on New MT's page or something like that.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 01:41:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Too funny.  I honestly didn't even realize it, just saw the picture and assumed it was good ole' old Marcus Thornton.