Probably a summation of various rumors throughout the last year or so, but one thing to note is that Lifshatz called Hayward to Boston well before it actually happened.
Let me rephrase. Hayward has agreed to terms with team and is signing with the Celtics. It's a done deal
8:27 AM - Jul 4, 2017
Again went on my man Elliot's podcast to discuss all things Kyrie. Delved deep into the trade, and talked about what lies ahead for the C's https://twitter.com/elliotfrmboston/status/901050568029941760
5:15 AM - Aug 25, 2017
The guy has been right about numerous things. He called the Jaylen pick and Horford signings. Was correct about the Blake Griffin trade rumor before it leaked. Was right about the Hayward signing, Tatum pick and Kyrie trade as well. Give the podcast a listen.
Here's some of the interesting stuff he dropped on there:
- Cs did try to deal IT last year at the draft, just like Jackie Mac said. Ainge thought he could get Jaylen at the 7-10 range. He would then use the 3rd pick for Dunn and trade him to Chicago for Butler.
- Cs doctor advised the Celtics that IT's hip was bad and would be a lingering injury
- Hayward had his mind made up to sign with Boston days before the meeting. Completely lied about the process on Woj's podcast
- Grousbeck and Dan Gilbert were in Italy at around the end of July discussing the deal for Kyrie
- LeBron is mad about the deal. He wanted Bledsoe and Jackson. Will leave Cleveland next season
- Celtics advanced stats department had IT ranked dead last on defense of all the players in the playoffs last year
The guy cusses too much and sounds like he smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, but it is still a great listen.