Author Topic: Trumpís Economy (merged)  (Read 48051 times)

Re: Trumpís Economy (merged)
« Reply #765 on: August 23, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 1163
  • What a Pub Should Be
This tirade is cute.  Ordering private businesses around?  Dow's having another stellar day.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I wonít let that happen! We donít need China and, frankly, would be far....

....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..

....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to Chinaís Tariffs this afternoon. This is a GREAT opportunity for the United States. Also, I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....

....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didnít. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #766 on: August 23, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2218
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That reminds me of a post/meme one of my family members posted a while back on FB:

The responses to this were (all by separate family members) - 1) I would, but I don't go to Starbucks. 2) I would, but I'm afraid that somebody would throw the coffee in my face. It is really hard being a Trump supporter these days. 3) It is so sad the country has come to this.

So, this particular situation went from telling Trump supporters to do something mean to non-Trump supporters by messing with them at one of their establishments. Then, assuming something would happen because you were doing so. And then being upset at those non-Trump supporters because they would be so awful. It's like, not only did we not actually do anything, but you guys are the ones hypothetically instigating the whole thing!

Lol that's a really good example of a similar kind of tendency. A big part of the appeal of authoritarians is dominance through submission, much of which plays out in the fevered imaginations of some deeply frightened and insecure people. The Internet and social media in particular have leveraged that to allow that kind of people to get all the self-pity and self-righteousness of feeling persecuted without the pesky day-to-day hassles of actual persecution. It really is crazy how immersing yourself in wholly imaginary or simulated conflicts can spiral into a perception that they DID happen, or might as well have.

The kicker is through this mindset the more objectively awful and divisive the authoritarian is, the more appeal siding with him has as the imaginary oppression points and "triggering" of perceived enemies ramps up, and his continuing to get away with it is seen as reinforcing the privileged status of the in-group (in this case mostly white male supremacy), where society is here to serve people like the authoritarian, not to restrict or punish them.

« Reply #767 on: August 23, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
This tirade is cute.  Ordering private businesses around?  Dow's having another stellar day.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I wonít let that happen! We donít need China and, frankly, would be far....

....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..

....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to Chinaís Tariffs this afternoon. This is a GREAT opportunity for the United States. Also, I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....

....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didnít. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!

Don't forget calling the Fed chair an enemy of America!

I know there's nothing we can do here but it's either impeachment or more of this and worse.

« Reply #768 on: August 23, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6190

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I am starting to think that the leftist conspiracy theory that Trump might be slipping mentally and falling into early dementia or Alzheimer's has some merit reading this, especially after looking skywards the other day and proclaiming himself the chosen one.

Trump is a businessman. He would never take orders from an American president on how to run his business. Trump would have never let Reagan or a Bush tell him where he could buy goods for his Trump businesses, nevermind a Clinton or an Obama.

The guy is losing it. I am convinced.

« Reply #769 on: August 23, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I am starting to think that the leftist conspiracy theory that Trump might be slipping mentally and falling into early dementia or Alzheimer's has some merit reading this, especially after looking skywards the other day and proclaiming himself the chosen one.

Trump is a businessman. He would never take orders from an American president on how to run his business. Trump would have never let Reagan or a Bush tell him where he could buy goods for his Trump businesses, nevermind a Clinton or an Obama.

Not trying to nitpick but there's no conspiracy involved in someone losing their faculties, though there could be a conspiracy to cover it up I suppose.

I don't know if it's worse if he's losing his mind or isn't. But putting his brand on the economy he inherited has so far been pretty much the only thing he's done that could have any kind of broad appeal. Whether it's a symptom of something more structural or not, it's not surprising he'd become increasingly unhinged as that started to slip away and largely due to acting on his own dumb ideas.

BTW it's scary as hell to me that the 4 people most likely to serve as President next term are all in their 70s and the incumbent and rival front-runner are both showing some significant red flags for decline. It's a real problem.

« Reply #770 on: August 23, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6190

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Not trying to nitpick but there's no conspiracy involved in someone losing their faculties, though there could be a conspiracy to cover it up I suppose.

I don't know if it's worse if he's losing his mind or isn't. But putting his brand on the economy he inherited has so far been pretty much the only thing he's done that could have any kind of broad appeal. Whether it's a symptom of something more structural or not, it's not surprising he'd become increasingly unhinged as that started to slip away and largely due to acting on his own dumb ideas.

BTW it's scary as hell to me that the 4 people most likely to serve as President next term are all in their 70s and the incumbent and rival front-runner are both showing some significant red flags for decline. It's a real problem.
I called it a conspiracy theory because it is all speculation and conjecture. We obviously do not have his medical reports but if a doctor representing the US had diagnosed dementia or Alzheimer's, Trump would most likely already be gone. Yes, those diseases could be a reason to explain some of his erratic behavior but so could character traits, a lower than average IQ and older age.

« Reply #771 on: August 23, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 9133

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

VP choice may matter if Trump continues to slip and Biden becomes the nominee.   I'm not a fan of Pence's religious extremism being in charge the White House but I have little doubt he'd be far more stable than Trump has been with less scandal and a more traditional approach to governing (like stick with Allies and work against enemies -- you know, the stuff we used to take for granted) than Trump. 

If Biden gets the nod, I suspect he'll pick someone younger that has shown well in the campaign.  I doubt he'd pick Sanders or Warren but Harris wouldn't surprise me as his running mate if he overlooks where she made hay at his expense in the debates

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required