Author Topic: Celtics (12-2) at Nets (5-8) Game #15 11/14/17  (Read 51494 times)

Re: Celtics (12-2) at Nets (5-8) Game #15 11/14/17
« Reply #615 on: November 15, 2017, 02:52:56 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd guess that Tarheel is still taken aback from the IT Trade.

IT was essentially used and tossed aside. That is still the rawness of it all.

Admittedly - for ME - it is STILL a bitter pill to swallow. I get that. I was ONCE on Tarheel's train. While I may not be the Conductor anymore I'm still waiting on Kyrie to take us past CLE.

To ME - this is the only thing that matters...in the playoffs. That is not an unfair expectation, right?

Take this team farther than your predecessor did. I don't even care if it's THIS year or NEXT...I'll give him time to get GH back.

« Reply #616 on: November 15, 2017, 03:00:04 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Back to the C's...

Should we be happy about not knowing who will be our best player every game?
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #617 on: November 15, 2017, 03:02:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
You think someone who has deep hatred of a single player has credibility with his opinion regarding said player? If he talks about Ojeleye sure it has bearing, but about Kyrie?

Just because someone doesn't like a particular player doesn't mean that they can't offer valid criticism.  It's not an either/or thing, imo.

In the court of Law you impeach a witness by proving his bias. You are just defending him because you are in the same boat, him with Kyrie and you with Ainge. We all know nick disliked Kelly, do you see him thrash him every post, at every move Kelly made? Is the name CELTICSblog just for show?

Court of law?  Impeachment?  Do you even hear yourself talking/see what you're posting?  Since when is tarheels on trial, here, let alone for impeachment?  Besides, you're not even a fan of that point guard ;).

Also, don't put words in my mouth.  If you had bothered to pay attention, I've actually given Ainge credit for Semi, taking Brown over Dunn (although I'm not giving up on Kris), and readily admitted when I have been wrong.  That's not a big deal to me.  Do I like Ainge and his practices?  Absolutely not, but that doesn't mean that I can't recognize when he makes the better move, as he should, btw.  I wasn't for Tatum, either, owing to concerns over his quickness and athleticism, not to mention his penchant for being a black hole, but again, he looks great thus far and I've never been so happy to be so wrong, even though I still like Jonathan Isaac.  See - is that really so hard?

As for nick and Kelly, well, I don't know about every single post, but the former wasn't the only one to voice his dismay at many an opportunity.  I never liked KO, either, as you know, although I don't see your point regarding the name of the site.  Are you arguing that because this is a Celtic blog that the players on our team are exempt from criticism, or is it more to do with the overall negativity?  A combination of the two?  I honestly don't know where you're going with that one.

Mods here are quick to defend these guys, punishing and reprimanding the few who choose to speak out against them with their constant hate posts. Sometimes a single thread meant to appreciate certain players gets hijacked by these guys and turned into endless complaints about players of the team they are a "fan" of. These so-called "fans" look at their choice hated personalities and look for every flaw they can find, do their spin on them and never give them the benefit of the doubt. Who is the true fan, Nets fans who appreciated what their team gave tonight, or Celtics fans who maliciously tracks mistakes of certain personalities so they can thrash them?

I understand your frustration, but people being reprimanded by the mods for "choosing to speak out" aren't typically being punished for that reason, unless something has changed.  It all has to do with how a poster goes about it.  If you're going to call them a hater or a troll, attack their credibility, and give them the "you know nothing Jon Snow" treatment, then yeah, you're most likely going to be flagged because personal insults are against forum rules, of which you still seem to be unaware, but if you rebut them with, say, humor, go about it in an entirely different and non-personal fashion, or even just flat out ignore them, you'll be fine.

I realize that things do get quite heated on here in terms of basketball and current events, for example, but you don't have to cross the line.  Just step back, relax, go to another thread, or even go attend to your cat for a little while :). All I'm trying to say, here, is that there are plenty of other options available to you.  Vent to another poster via message, idk.  Whatever floats your boat.

As for what constitutes as being a true fan, we all have our ways, but again, I don't think that it's your nor my place to be lecturing people on that.  Unless, of course, we're talking about bandwagon fans, lol.  This is one of the most passionate and knowledgeable fan bases in all of sports, so people having strong views, with which you agree or not, shouldn't be at all surprising, imo.

OFC all these people can do is cry and ask for defense from the mods.

You have people who thrashed IT for playing poorly after her sister died, or the team right after Hayward got injured. And Celticsblog defended these people, protected them!

And tarheels, I'd like to point out, was never one of them. 

Can we expect CB to restrain these people? Of course not, they will shelter them, protect them and encourage them like usual. How else do these people become braver and bolder every single day?!

I've often asked myself the same question, especially after you once called me an "attention-seeking jerk."  Talk about credibility.

Sure ban me for protecting the CELTICS in Celticsblog at the same time sheltering the bashers. If that's the way this is ran now then I am glad I wont be a member anymore. Sayonara!

Again, it's not what you're doing (I think, anyway.  Could be wrong.) but how you're doing it, I believe, and don't act all innocent like you've never committed any kind of similar transgression(s) on here.  Come on, man.  You're not fooling anyone.  Besides, there's a better way to do things.  If you need to walk away for a few minutes, go ahead and do so.  Go pet/play with your cat - that should calm you down and put you in a better mood :), and no, in case you were wondering, I'm not making fun of you for having a cat.  Animals are wonderful :).

Are you any better now?

« Reply #618 on: November 15, 2017, 03:23:41 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Yeah!!  "The masked man!" Shooting 35% from the field (again)!!! Super cool!!!!!! #marketthisman
Yeah, I think he's doing just fine.

I'm glad you're happy, I'm not.  25 points on 20 shots, too much iso basketball, and continued inconsistency is not "franchise" or "mvp."  But you guys can knock yourselves out.  Must be fun.   

You think you are credible? Whatever you say isnt going to be worth a [dang] thing. You are a hater from day 1.

Guys coming back from injury, on a new team, playing with that annoying mask while all the attention are on you, are given leeway to try to get into rhythm. You dont know squat, you are just a frickin hater whose mouth spews nothing but hatred for Kyrie.

Im not a kyrie fan, but it just bugs me that people dont even give a chance to a member of the Celtics. Some people decided from the get go that he is bad/mediocre. People telling that Kyrie is "hyped" when in fact there are more posts and threads dedicated to thrashing him.

Tarheels your bias is shining through. 0 credibility, 0!!

I've noticed that this seems to be a pattern of yours with respect to questioning another poster's credibility, so my question, here, is what gives you the right to determine the, well, credibility of the poster of your choice?  Is it like a credit score?  Do you work for Moody's?  What kind of rating system do you employ when making these assessments?  What are the criteria?  Are you one of the guys from freecreditreport.com?  What instrument do you play?  Are you the driver or the dude who serves chowder and iced tea, not to mention fish, to tourists in t-shirts, or is your scene more of a Renaissance Fair?

That aside, I know that we've had our squabbles in the past, but I have to admit, even for you, this is beyond the pale, imo.  Settle down, brotato chip.

Tarheels is entitled to his opinion. You can debate his stance and disagree. But name calling and disrespecting others is not allowed. If it continues in this thread or others, there will be repercussions.

At what point does an opinion become trolling, or is trolling just allowed because its too difficult to police? He has consistently taken over topics with his negativity and made obvious inflamatory statements that are factless or heavily skewed. Its getting difficult to have conversations with others due to his trolly interactions.

When he gets a response, he cries for the mods to penalize people. This is kinda' like when Draymond Green instigates a fight with someone, but the other guy gets T'd up for his reaction.

Are you seriously comparing a fan on Celticsblog to Draymond Green?  Really?

You think someone who has deep hatred of a single player has credibility with his opinion regarding said player? If he talks about Ojeleye sure it has bearing, but about Kyrie? In the court of Law you impeach a witness by proving his bias. You are just defending him because you are in the same boat, him with Kyrie and you with Ainge. We all know nick disliked Kelly, do you see him thrash him every post, at every move Kelly made? Is the name CELTICSblog just for show?

Mods here are quick to defend these guys, punishing and reprimanding the few who choose to speak out against them with their constant hate posts. Sometimes a single thread meant to appreciate certain players gets hijacked by these guys and turned into endless complaints about players of the team they are a "fan" of. These so-called "fans" look at their choice hated personalities and look for every flaw they can find, do their spin on them and never give them the benefit of the doubt. Who is the true fan, Nets fans who appreciated what their team gave tonight, or Celtics fans who maliciously tracks mistakes of certain personalities so they can thrash them?

OFC all these people can do is cry and ask for defense from the mods.

You have people who thrashed IT for playing poorly after her sister died, or the team right after Hayward got injured. And Celticsblog defended these people, protected them!

Can we expect CB to restrain these people? Of course not, they will shelter them, protect them and encourage them like usual. How else do these people become braver and bolder every single day?!

Sure ban me for protecting the CELTICS in Celticsblog at the same time sheltering the bashers. If that's the way this is ran now then I am glad I wont be a member anymore. Sayonara!

« Reply #619 on: November 15, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
Marcus and Terry need a new nickname, like the opposite of the "splash-brother"

Maybe the brick-brothers?  ;D

« Reply #620 on: November 15, 2017, 03:44:20 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Well, RJ Hunter once referred to himself and James Young as the "trash brothers", so there's precedent, here, lol :laugh:.

« Reply #621 on: November 15, 2017, 04:51:51 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Brick by brick...

How about "Smarterriers"?

http://dogtime.com/dog-health/general/4524-smart-dogs-list
quote: "...possesses a wonderful playing streak that delights his owners" - So true :)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #622 on: November 15, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I can see already this season that Jaylen has improved his passing and is more spatially aware, big jump from last season.

needs to improve handle. once he does. watch out
lock him up in the gym  for a month with Kyrie, the best ball handler to ever play the game. Teach brown to handle and don’t come out until he’s as good as Kyrie. Problem solved

Best ball handler ever was Cousy, he had to dribble with his hand on top of the ball only. Amazing! Kyrie is incredible too.

My dad said cousy was great.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #623 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't want to lock a game thread. All discussions regarding what constitutes trolling should be addressed here:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=4046.msg68166#msg68166

« Reply #624 on: November 15, 2017, 07:27:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I missed the game, but just watched the "9 min 40 sec" highlights replay on YouTube.  The Nets look like a better team this year even without Russell or Lin, and limited minutes for Mosgov.  They just seem more athletic and got some nice sharpshooting from multiple players.  I am trying to convince myself that this was a quality win, not a gimme.

« Reply #625 on: November 18, 2017, 09:37:29 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!  8) 8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!