Author Topic: For the Ben Simmons critics..  (Read 4712 times)

Re: For the Ben Simmons critics..
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I never expected him to be a bust, but I think his lack of finishing polish will be a problem early in his career, and his lack of a jumper will probably always be an issue.

Still, if he's basically just a better passing not quite as athletic version of Giannis, he'll be a very valuable player.

I don't know how I feel about Philly's team as a whole, but it looks like they should be pretty good moving forward when they have Simmons and Embiid on the court together.

I kind of think they need ether fultz to be at least a fringe all star or hit with either the Lakers or Kings pick to start winning championships.

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I never expected him to be a bust, but I think his lack of finishing polish will be a problem early in his career, and his lack of a jumper will probably always be an issue.

Still, if he's basically just a better passing not quite as athletic version of Giannis, he'll be a very valuable player.

I don't know how I feel about Philly's team as a whole, but it looks like they should be pretty good moving forward when they have Simmons and Embiid on the court together.

I kind of think they need ether fultz to be at least a fringe all star or hit with either the Lakers or Kings pick to start winning championships.

Right now I'm just thinking in terms of them becoming a perennial playoff team.  We can talk contention when Simmons and Embiid have made a couple All-Star games and the Sixers have won a playoff series or two.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 07:10:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I agree phosita