Poll

Would You Want To Add Lebron After 2018?

Yes. We Can Contend For Banner 18 And More!
19 (32.2%)
No. I NEVER Want Lebron On This Team.
31 (52.5%)
Bad Poll. NO WAY He's Leaving Cleveland And/Or It's A Given He's Heading Out West
9 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Poll: Would You Entertain Adding Lebron In Summer Of 2018?  (Read 8146 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Yes, absolutely. I root against Lebron as hard as anybody, but you absolutely have to try and nab him if you can.

However, if we get him it'll have to be through a trade NOW rather than next summer, given that we'll have no room to add him. And I think a deal could be done.

Lebron is smart. He knows he should stay in the East, and he fills a need for us at the PF position, which I think he should primarily be playing the rest of his career.

Danny needs to talk to his people and try and get him here. I think Lebron would welcome playing here under Brad and staying in the East. And I think they'd ultimately do it, too, because does anyone here really think he's staying next summer anyways? The people that I've talked to in Cleveland all think he's already a goner.

Depends on what the trade pieces would be  ???

That's a BIG factor.
The only realistic way to match salary for James is to trade Horford.  If James agreed to come to Boston, I'd trade Horford, BKN 18, BOS 18, and LAL 18 for James and that is a pretty nice haul for Cleveland.  They could then move Horford to a 3rd team for additional assets and trade Irving and/or Love for other young players and really just start over.  I suspect the Cavs would try to dump some other salary in the trades, and I'd probably do it depending on which salary and what other piece they wanted to match salary (like James and Smith for Horford, Smart, Crowder, BKN, LAL). 

EDIT: I'd certainly want to talk to James before making the trade though.  Maybe get him to at least opt in to that final year so you have 2 years with him instead of 1 guaranteed.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
For the minimum.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I dunno. I guess I'd take a meeting with him if he bought lunch.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If you're Ainge,  you have to at least make a call to Cleveland. I mean, it sounds like the ship is sinking over there.

Yep, and someone as influential as Lebron would hold all of the leverage, too, and he would probably assure that the trade package wasn't overly heavy for him, which would just hurt the team he's going to.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:25:28 PM by jpotter33 »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If you're Ainge,  you have to at least make a call to Cleveland. I mean, it sounds like the ship is sinking over there.

Yep, and someone as influential as Lebron would hold all of the leverage, too, and he would probably assure that the trade package wasn't overly heavy for him, which would just hurt the team he's going to.

And apparently he has a no trade clause, too, which I did not know. So, yeah, Lebron could easily force his way to the C's for a decent price if he wanted to.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Would Ainge and Stevens really want to deal with a guy who thinks he's the Head Coach, GM, and #1 player all wrapped into one?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
im down

trade Semi, IT and Nader

Thank ya Cleveland.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Lebron will put NO ...ZErO superhuman enegy into Cavs this season .    He has been saving and conserving his body ...ie ....coasting for years until playoffs .

He will not expend precious muscle , joint, ligament , abuse .....till he arrives at his next team.

I think.....Lebron asks to be traded before the year is out.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I bet Cavs would trade Lebron for Tatum , and couple picks ..?  ;D

Re: Poll: Would You Entertain Adding Lebron In Summer Of 2018?
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
BUMP.

I think we can bring this back instead of starting a new one.

We've heard the Warriors rumor and that he may be interested in the Spurs, Lakers or Heat as well. Should Ainge make a call of interest? See if Irving and James could resolve differences lol?

Bring him here on MLE and let him sign a Dunkin Donuts contract and other contracts to make it worth a max   :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 03:52:38 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
No thanks.

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 04:43:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
In a vacuum, of course you would want Lebron on the C's.  He is the greatest player of this generation.  But there is not going to be a way to add Lebron to the C's that doesn't ruin the roster.   We are constructed to contend for YEARS to come.  I don't think most of us would want to give that up for a 1-year window with Lebron.

If he would play for the MLE or whatever we have available, sure.   Haha, good luck with that.

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
In a vacuum, of course you would want Lebron on the C's.  He is the greatest player of this generation.  But there is not going to be a way to add Lebron to the C's that doesn't ruin the roster.   We are constructed to contend for YEARS to come.  I don't think most of us would want to give that up for a 1-year window with Lebron.

If he would play for the MLE or whatever we have available, sure.   Haha, good luck with that.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting this upcoming summer, because most of the rumored teams will also have to gut part of their roster and dump some bad contracts to even fit LBJ in if he wants a max deal. Only the Lakers I believe can afford to add him with max, BUT that will require dealing away at least one of Randle/Clarkson, Nance, and maybe a few more end-of-bench guys (depth).

Houston tried dumping Anderson to get Carmelo, but couldn't, and I think SA initially explored dealing away Aldridge or Gasol to try and bring in someone like Irving, but they couldn't either, so it's not as easy. Do-able, but not easy.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
he wouldn't come here, he'd still have to work if he came here.

history shows this guy sees adversity and pretty much runs the other way.

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2018, 08:17:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Never.