Poll

How do you feel about this years finals matchup?

As pumped as I have ever been for a series
1 (2.3%)
Pretty into it, should be a good matchup
9 (20.5%)
ok, but would prefer seeing some new teams
4 (9.1%)
Significantly less than other years 3 years in a row of same is too much
5 (11.4%)
Dislike both teams may not even watch all the games
25 (56.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: What is your enthusiasm for this year's final  (Read 3350 times)

Re: What is your enthusiasm for this year's final
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 303
I will definitely not be seeing all of game 1, as my son and I have reserved seating to see Wonder Woman in IMAX at 7pm. I have been excited to see this ever since her Wonder Woman reveal in Batman V Superman.
I might have to put Wonder Woman over the NBA finals as well, which is something I didn’t think I’d ever say.

I just read that aloud. Weird, but yeah.

I'm man enough to admit that I would rather watch Wonder Woman than seeing a bunch of prima donnas masquerading as men on a basketball court.

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I really hope this series is a classic. I hope LeBron shows up and declares to the world, "I am the greatest to ever play, and I'm going to show you." However, I fear the Warriors will make quick work of yet another foe; we've never seen anything quite like this Warriors team before.

No way in heck the league lets this series go less than 6, and probably does all it can to make it 7.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so I haven't taken that into account.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 06:04:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1399
I really hope this series is a classic. I hope LeBron shows up and declares to the world, "I am the greatest to ever play, and I'm going to show you." However, I fear the Warriors will make quick work of yet another foe; we've never seen anything quite like this Warriors team before.

No way in heck the league lets this series go less than 6, and probably does all it can to make it 7.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so I haven't taken that into account.

I don't really think it is a big conspiracy to say the leagues occasionally do things that favor extending the series. Look no further than last year's playoffs. Green absolutely should have been suspended in the Thunder series when the Warriors were down. His actions in that series were extremely egregious. He then did something that was extremely minor in the finals, but his team was winning the series and he was suspended. That was some WWF type stuff there and pretty transparent. Tough for me to believe people would claim the score of the series didn't impact those decisions.

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 06:06:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3077
  • On To Banner 18!
One obnoxious fan base is "taken care of" for a while...  :laugh:

Unfortunately, the other will spend countless months being even more annoying..  :'(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller