Author Topic: Joe Ingles?  (Read 1328 times)

Joe Ingles?
« on: March 14, 2017, 04:22:43 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Having a really nice season at Utah, FA this year. Could be an outlier year though.

He would seem to fit Brad's system nicely though, and would be a great backup SF if Jae or Jaylen gets traded.

He will probably fetch 3 years 30 million though..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Joe Ingles?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
great shooter. Is actually from my home town and I had a chat to him recently when he came to my cafe.
Question with him has always been his D and slow agility. Anyone seen much of him this year?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Pretty much perfect for the role he's playing now but thats really all he is, a role player 3 and D guy.

Despite being very solid he's only scored 20+ twice this season, so he's kind of a two trick pony without a particularly high ceiling for production. Decent two tricks though.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I still dont get why Gerald Green is out of rotation, especially because we play hot and cold lately.
I don't see what could we have in Ingles that we dont have in Green already.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:48:07 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I remember listening to Jazz broadcast and they said he was a great locker room guy. That he was always doing what ever he could and got along with everyone.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I would love Jingles on the Celtics.  And Celtics fans would love him too if he came here.

Consummate team player, gritty, smart.  Very underrated role player, who understands his place on the team and plays within himself.  Ingles is so much more than just a three-point shooter, though,  he's also a very smart passer and can function as a secondary offensive facilitator.  Ingles has also become a sneaky good defender, which is actually the main reason he was able to carve out a major role in Utah's rotation, despite the fact Utah is loaded on the wings.

He's the type of player every team needs.  And he's good friends with Gordon Hayward.