Author Topic: Mavericks (2-7) at Celtics (5-5) Game #11 11/16/16  (Read 27849 times)

Re: Mavericks (2-7) at Celtics (5-5) Game #11 11/16/16
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2016, 09:55:42 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaiah Thomas scored 20 of his 30 points in the final six minutes of the fourth quarter. Unreal.

https://twitter.com/CelticsHub/status/799082109658865665
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2016, 09:55:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Harry Barnes success was my only accurate prediction.  I may begin shamelessly bragging about it till someone tells me to shut up.   ;D
I was very curious to see how hed do outside GSW. After watching him fail to step up in the playoffs when Steph was hurt or Dray was suspended or Iggy was hurt I must admit I completely expected him to be way overpaid. Hes been impressive. Nice prediction.

All that said, shut up. ;D

Lol. Welp, that was short-lived. TP.
I kid I kid. You deserve some solid interweb gloating for this one.

You just laid it up there and I couldnt resist.

Thank you, sir.  I'll be sure to toot your horn the next time you nail a prediction.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Tommy said IT is a top 5 alltime celtic competitor up there with russell, bird, cousy, havlicek.  No Pierce, KG, Cowens, Mchale, Parish?

Just a typical Tommy comment, sucking up to our current players. Remember when he said Horford is not a great player?

Don't get me wrong, Horford is a great player but I think Tommy was referring to Horford not being the "guy that threads the needle" for us, and I tend to agree.

Horford fits this system and improves this team but he is definitely not "the guy" that makes Boston a superstar team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
Tommy said IT is a top 5 alltime celtic competitor up there with russell, bird, cousy, havlicek.  No Pierce, KG, Cowens, Mchale, Parish?
It's tommy. Remember when tommy compared steisma's shot blocking to Russell?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Tommy's old, man!

And drunk

Enjoy the ride, ha
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

Just a typical Tommy comment, sucking up to our current players. Remember when he said Horford is not a great player?

Dude is the second leading scorer in the eastern conference. And to think we got him for Marcus Thornton and Clevelands 2016 first rounder.  He's averaging close to 30 and 7+ assists and shooting like 47 percent.

« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524
I would just like to scratch my own back here a little bit  ;) and say that i called it a long time ago that Bradley had the potential to be a better rebounder than he is:

bradley is not a dynamic offensive player, but he creates his own shot better than he gets credit for, a lot of those pull-up shots he takes because there just isn't enough talent around him. this hurts his efficiency. he also doesn't vulture rebounds like rondo, if you watch bradley there's tons of plays where he and sully or whoever have an equal shot at an uncontested c's rebound, and bradley defers to the big almost every time. so i'd argue he's a slightly better rebounder than his stats show, too.
and IMO the "drop" in his defense is largely overstated, i think his defense is still excellent, it just gets lost in the shuffle because the team struggles to finish defensive possessions due to youthful mistakes, poorly-timed double teams, and lack of rim protection.
bradley will be fine once he gets some better pieces around him and he can just focus at what he's best at. he was a key contributor on a team that nearly dethroned the heat (and the c's probably win that series if bradley doesn't get hurt). if anything, i think he's improved his offensive versatility since then.

« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2016, 10:02:25 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Don't get me wrong, Horford is a great player but I think Tommy was referring to Horford not being the "guy that threads the needle" for us, and I tend to agree.

Horford fits this system and improves this team but he is definitely not "the guy" that makes Boston a superstar team.

yeah I'm pretty sure he meant, like, he's not "great", like lebron great, but he's good.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2016, 10:03:02 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 628

lol
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2016, 10:07:23 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524

To be fair, he's not saying IT is better than those guys, he's just comparing their competitiveness. I'd reckon if IT was 6" taller he'd be a legit all-time great player. The mind is there, but he's tiny.

And he never said Stiemsma was an equivalent defender or player to Russell. He just said the shot-blocking ability was reminiscent, which is at least partially true. Unfortunately Stiemsma lacks all the other elements that made Russell the best defender ever. But Steamer does have great timing and length regarding blocks.

Same with the Bradley/MJ steals comparison.

« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Tommy is usually spot on. 

« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2016, 10:10:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Still like Fries

« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2016, 10:12:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Tommy's old, man!

And drunk

Enjoy the ride, ha
Yeah no need to take Tommy too literally. He just says stuff, he didn't think carefully about top 5 or he would have put those guys up there too. Maybe he should have said top 10 but whatever, still love him.

« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
He's got a point. IT is really good right now.  Pierce I think in particular over time is better.  IT is carrying us sans Horford and Crowder.  He's an amazing scorer for a guy that size though.  Pound for pound you aren't going to find many players better.

As far as scorers go even Bird didn't average the scoring numbers IT is right now.  We'll see if he can keep it up.

« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2016, 10:15:17 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

To be fair, he's not saying IT is better than those guys, he's just comparing their competitiveness. I'd reckon if IT was 6" taller he'd be a legit all-time great player. The mind is there, but he's tiny.

And he never said Stiemsma was an equivalent defender or player to Russell. He just said the shot-blocking ability was reminiscent, which is at least partially true. Unfortunately Stiemsma lacks all the other elements that made Russell the best defender ever. But Steamer does have great timing and length regarding blocks.

Same with the Bradley/MJ steals comparison.
This.
Its the competitivenes Tommy was talkin about. Remember IT is playin with a jammed finger in his shooting hand..those things hurt and does disrupt your stroke but here he is refusing to give up and scoring 18 points in the 4th qtr to literally will this team to victory