Author Topic: Bring in rebounder/Upgrade over Amir  (Read 974 times)

Bring in rebounder/Upgrade over Amir
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Seen Faried and Vucevic mentioned recently.

I like the idea of trading for someone that will be an upgrade over Amir going forward and that is at least 2-3 years younger.  FAried, Vucevic, Favors.  All 3 guys are signed to reasonable contracts.

As far as getting too much money on the books and not being able to sign a free agent: I'm sure these players are good enough that someone with cap space would give up a draft pick to take them off our hands if we had a big free agent lined up.

My thinking is that the 4 spot is the weak link in the lineup:

1. IT
2. AB
3. Crowder
5. Horford
1/2. Smart
2/3. (2017 Draft pick)
3/4 Brown
4/5 Olynyk

So if we are trying to build the best 9 man rotation possible, we have two holes currently. There are a ton of big guards projected to go in the lottery in 2017, odds will be better to get one of them than a big man. Of course if the right big man is there, you take him.

Now can we get Favors, Faried, or Vucevic without giving up the 2017 Nets pick?

We have available to trade:  Amir's contract, along with Rozier, and Zizic. There are also future first round picks from the Grizz and the Clips.

Is that enough to get it done?  Can still hold out hope for the big man in the 2018 draft.

I would take any 3 of those guys. I think all 3 of those teams have reasons to hold on to those player because they are trying to become playoff teams, but they all have big men coming up that they need to pay big money to so who knows - maybe one could be snagged.