Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 351817 times)

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Thank lord for Al .....

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
JJ Barrea is a Celtic today. Nine straight dagger points for Dallas to get some daylight between Dallas and a surging Nets team.

Surging Nets team?

Anyway,  down 6, 0:26 to go.

Yep, surging, cut a 17 point lead down to 2. That is surging.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Game over in Brooklyn, Celtics win !!!

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 960
Magic number is now 7.

That doesn't mean too much, I just needed a happy thread after that 76ers game.

Mike

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

At least we won the critical game of those two.  Magic number is 5 over Phoenix, 2 over Orlando and 1 for Philly.  Everyone else is eliminated from contention.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

At least we won the critical game of those two.  Magic number is 5 over Phoenix, 2 over Orlando and 1 for Philly.  Everyone else is eliminated from contention.

The magic numbers are 7, 5, and 2 for BKN to be eliminated from catching LAL, PHX, and ORL, respectively. Any combination of wins by those teams or losses by BKN reduces the magic number. If LAL with 20 wins were to lose all of its remaining games, BKN with 13 wins would not be able to catch them if they lost 7 games by going 6-7 over their last 13 games. The formula is:

Games in (NBA) season +1 - Wins from leading team (LAL, PHX, or ORL) - losses from trailing team (BKN).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:26:57 PM by colincb »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

The magic numbers are 7, 5, and 2 for BKN to be eliminated from catching LAL, PHX, and ORL, respectively. Any combination of wins by those teams or losses by BKN reduces the magic number. If LAL with 20 wins were to lose all of its remaining games, BKN with 13 wins would not be able to catch them if they lost 7 games by going 6-7 over their last 13 games. The formula is:

Games in (NBA) season +1 - Wins from leading team (LAL, PHX, or ORL) - losses from trailing team (BKN).

Isn't that what I just said?

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

Yes it is. I misunderstood what you were doing by excluding the magic number for the LAL.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 287
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

Yes it is. I misunderstood what you were doing by excluding the magic number for the LAL.

TP to both of you for being polite.

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

See we arent all rabid hyenas foaming at the mouth to rip into others' fanboy statuses.
#JKJB

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Magic number is now 7.

Mike

See we arent all rabid hyenas foaming at the mouth to rip into others' fanboy statuses.

I'm boring that way.

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Lin is out for a while for the Nets. Always hate to see people injured – he makes a big difference for them.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 960
Not that it matters for the draft pick but, for the first time in about a zillion weeks, the Nets are out of the cellar in the ESPN power rankings:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18959689/nba-power-rankings-marc-stein-week-22-rankings

The new winner? Our favorite team in purple and yellow.

Mike

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Detroit sucks .

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Lin is out for a while for the Nets. Always hate to see people injured – he makes a big difference for them.
Seems like they suck with him and suck without him.