Author Topic: Jaylen Brown Hit 76/100 Threes  (Read 14961 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown Hit 76/100 Threes
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This helps illustrate how naive it is to say "why doesn't Rondo practice his FT shooting". These guys bury shots in practice. They are ridiculous in drills. Watch the shootaround before a game. Everyone is burying shots left and right. In-game shots are a completely different thing.

More than the shot numbers, I would watch how they look shooting. What is the impact of fatigue on their form? Is their form consistent? But this is still like playing against a chair.

Kind of true not but 100 percent

You think dwight, drummond are burying shots?  Or even Rondo?

I saw rondo at shootarounds. It was like 50-50 (better than in games). But nothing like pierce, kg, ray allen who missed like 2 shots

76 out of 100 for a guy that supposedly cant shoot is great

Btw brown prior to college ball games (but after hs) shot 38 percent from the 3 pt line.  Small sample. But its not like his shot is horrible like gerald wallace

I think he will be able to make open jump shots more often than not. That is the min required for him to become a good nba player

Since you mentioned Dwight, I love this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5P6DBA21Ew
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2016, 04:39:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This helps illustrate how naive it is to say "why doesn't Rondo practice his FT shooting". These guys bury shots in practice. They are ridiculous in drills. Watch the shootaround before a game. Everyone is burying shots left and right. In-game shots are a completely different thing.

More than the shot numbers, I would watch how they look shooting. What is the impact of fatigue on their form? Is their form consistent? But this is still like playing against a chair.

Kind of true not but 100 percent

You think dwight, drummond are burying shots?  Or even Rondo?

I saw rondo at shootarounds. It was like 50-50 (better than in games). But nothing like pierce, kg, ray allen who missed like 2 shots

76 out of 100 for a guy that supposedly cant shoot is great

Btw brown prior to college ball games (but after hs) shot 38 percent from the 3 pt line.  Small sample. But its not like his shot is horrible like gerald wallace

I think he will be able to make open jump shots more often than not. That is the min required for him to become a good nba player
Wasn't Rondo burying jumpers in HORSE against Durant?

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
love this quote

Draft prospect Jaylen Brown: "A lot of people want to get to the level of a Kobe Bryant, but nobody wants to put in the work that he did."

Brown really sounds like he wants to be a celtic and did everything danny asked (come in for 2nd workout).  Cbs liked him when he worked out here while danny was away

I think its either trade or brown. 

I like chriss and dunn also

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 05:02:40 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
This makes no sense for a guy who shot 29% from the college 3. On the other hand, this is supposed to be an intelligent high character guy. I don't know what to think.

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 05:04:35 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Like I said before, Jaylen Brown will be our version of Lebron. Not so much comparing his game but his size and body frame. Who knows where this kid will be in 3-4 years. Could become a mediocre player with a nack for the rim or he could be another version of Paul Pierce. I like this kid. I hope Danny don't trade the pick I want Jaylen Brown 👍

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This makes no sense for a guy who shot 29% from the college 3. On the other hand, this is supposed to be an intelligent high character guy. I don't know what to think.
It makes no sense because people have no idea how good these guy are.  I bet Shaq could hit 50% in an empty gym.

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

His shooting also rose throughout the season, as he went 25% in non-conference play to 34% in conference play.  I'm astonished when people are surprised that 19 year-old kids can get better at something that requires practice to improve upon.

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Leonard 29 percent 3 pt shooting during 2 years in college

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Um, there is almost no difference to shooting a practice FT vs shooting one in a Game, accept the former counts for an actual point.

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
AB something similar in texas

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Um, there is almost no difference to shooting a practice FT vs shooting one in a Game, accept the former counts for an actual point.

The mental aspect is the difference. Guys like DeAndre, Drummond, and Dwight are all known to shoot around 70% from the line in practice.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2016, 05:18:48 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

His shooting also rose throughout the season, as he went 25% in non-conference play to 34% in conference play.  I'm astonished when people are surprised that 19 year-old kids can get better at something that requires practice to improve upon.

Yes, I agree!

That gives me some hope that Okafor can get better on defense.  Marc Gasol certainly did.

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2016, 05:34:45 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
There has to be a little bit of pressure to make those shots in front of future employers, no?

I agree, it would be very stupid to lie about the number of shots made, too.

Does anyone know what percent Simmons and Ingram made?

Brown would be a good pick at #3.  Sabonas who routinely shoots 70%+ of threes as well, would be a good pick a #16.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2016, 05:46:34 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
love this quote

Draft prospect Jaylen Brown: "A lot of people want to get to the level of a Kobe Bryant, but nobody wants to put in the work that he did."
So I guess all of the players with more skill than Jaylen Brown have put in more work than him, though. 

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
There has to be a little bit of pressure to make those shots in front of future employers, no?

I agree, it would be very stupid to lie about the number of shots made, too.

Does anyone know what percent Simmons and Ingram made?

Brown would be a good pick at #3.  Sabonas who routinely shoots 70%+ of threes as well, would be a good pick a #16.

Brown or Chriss and Sabonis please