Author Topic: Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz  (Read 12722 times)

Re: Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2016, 01:07:07 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
So what we've learned recently is that we're trading Bradley to the Cavs and to the Bulls, and we're going to use the No. 3 pick to draft Brown and Chriss and Bender, even though we're trading the pick anyway. ;D

Pretty much.  You've been paying attention!

Basically, what all this means, is that the media has completely figured Danny out!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2016, 01:08:58 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
So, a random guy calls into the worst sports show on the planet and cites "friends on twitter" as his sources?

Sounds legit.

Do you mean to say, that the words, "Anyone catch Felger & Mazz today? It was pretty interesting.", didn't lock you in, ready for some compelling sports news?
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2016, 09:38:27 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think Ainge's dream is another "Three Amigos": e.g.,  IT, Butler and Love. The latter two could be different. Maybe one from a trade draft night, one from a FA sign. Just fill in the names. He'll use whatever resources he has to achieve that aim. It's worked before. The key is to get the right chemistry-blend of talent- like he achieved with PP-Allen-KG.

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Three amigos only worked because of Rondo at PG.

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So what we've learned recently is that we're trading Bradley to the Cavs and to the Bulls, and we're going to use the No. 3 pick to draft Brown and Chriss and Bender, even though we're trading the pick anyway. ;D

Pretty much.  You've been paying attention!

Basically, what all this means, is that the media has completely figured Danny out!

It would be impressive to trade the same player to 2 teams and receive players back! ;D

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2016, 09:51:14 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I think I would prefer Cauley-Stein and #8 for the #3. We might need to throw in a little something extra, but we still get one of the six second tier guys and two extra years on a rookie contract in WCS.

Either way, we need an athletic, defensive center to go with Love. I am a huge Amir fan, but we need Biyombo-level athleticism with Love on board.

I'd like to see this trade happen. Swap 3 with 8 and get Cauley-Stein. Good chance Brown or Chriss is still available at 8 as well. That is, if the Butler deal is off the table.

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
I think I would prefer Cauley-Stein and #8 for the #3. We might need to throw in a little something extra, but we still get one of the six second tier guys and two extra years on a rookie contract in WCS.

Either way, we need an athletic, defensive center to go with Love. I am a huge Amir fan, but we need Biyombo-level athleticism with Love on board.

I'd like to see this trade happen. Swap 3 with 8 and get Cauley-Stein. Good chance Brown or Chriss is still available at 8 as well. That is, if the Butler deal is off the table.

Just another in a million directions it seems Danny can go. Not bad. They get a big young defensive guy for the middle Danny wanted in last year's draft. And probably another decent pick at #8. Chances are somebody will fall from the top 5. They could also do a similar deal with Wolves for Dieng, and maybe get the #5.

I doubt any draft trades will be done until the Celts are on the board. They might be in place, but the right player has to be available at #3.

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
Three amigos only worked because of Rondo at PG.

More than Rondo. They had a bunch of role players that were part of the chemistry. Including Perkins and Posey. When they cost cut those guys out of the picture, they weakened the team.