Author Topic: 2016 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 227363 times)

Re: 2016 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #1350 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Why have Davis and Labissiere slid so far?  Is there some scandal/scuttlebutt that we don't know about??

Both will be available at 31 -> Danny will pick another draft and stash.

« Reply #1351 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
Ughhh Zizic...

You guys are never satisfied are you

Firstly, we should've only took two guys in the first round and traded the other.

I wanted Davis or Skal over Zizic, but I understand the Zizic pick. My frustration is more about Danny not pulling the trigger on a trade earlier.
what's the confirmed trade offer in particular that is frustrating you? 

I was expecting Danny to make a deal but overpaying to get what you want is not a trade worth making.  Still disappointed but will need to see some concrete offer that was fair yet rejected by danny before getting irate
3 for Noel, Covington, 24, 26 is more than fair.  We should have taken it.
was that confirmed though?  I heard it as a rumor and I agree that I would have pulled the trigger on that deal.  Noel starts at center.  Covington is a solid back up behind Crowder and based on who's still available at 24 and 26 right now, we would have made out very well.
Wyc basically confirmed it in his rant.  Claimed it was a low ball trade.  Not sure what the Celtics were smoking but that was a darn good trade.  Boston will regret not taking it.  Basically chose Brown over Noel, Covington, Luwawu, and Korkmaz (that is just using the players Philly took).  Unless Brown is a HOF type player, I don't see how it will ever work out in Boston's favor.  Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Covington has a better career than Brown yet alone Noel.

Wyc clearly refused to name any details of any trade offers. He made that crystal clear that teams don't do that, and he didn't want to do that, so we have no idea what was really offered.

« Reply #1352 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:49 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Why have Davis and Labissiere slid so far?  Is there some scandal/scuttlebutt that we don't know about??
Simply put, Jordan Mickey and Ante Zizic are better than those 2

« Reply #1353 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well if Danny believes that Jaylen Brown will be a star and Noel and Covington don't move the meter significantly, then he made the right move.  It all depends on how well JB turns out.

Don't tell me you think the 24th/26th picks had any real value.

Ughhh Zizic...

Firstly, we should've only took two guys in the first round and traded the other.

I wanted Davis or Skal over Zizic, but I understand the Zizic pick. My frustration is more about Danny not pulling the trigger on a trade earlier.

I was expecting Danny to make a deal but overpaying to get what you want is not a trade worth making.  Still disappointed but will need to see some concrete offer that was fair yet rejected by danny before getting irate
was that confirmed though?  I heard it as a rumor and I agree that I would have pulled the trigger on that deal.  Noel starts at center.  Covington is a solid back up behind Crowder and based on who's still available at 24 and 26 right now, we would have made out very well.

Yes, it was confirmed by several accounts, such as Stein and Woj, I believe. It was even on the table most of the day, yet Danny turned it down. That's why it's such a disappointing night. Danny is irrational when it comes to winning trades.

« Reply #1354 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Warriors can grab a talent big late here

« Reply #1355 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
Will the San Antonio Spurs take Deyonta Davis and turn him into an All-Star?

Sometimes, it's alright to drop. Ask Draymond Green.

Ugh, they probably will.  Of course, they could do that with anyone

The average Celticsblogger could probably average 10/4/4 for Pop
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1356 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:03 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Both will be available at 31 -> Danny will pick another draft and stash.

Nah both won't be there. One of them is getting picked soon.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #1357 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Who is Pascal Siakam. I mean seriously I haven't seen his name anywhere.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1358 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
We still have 5 picks to go.  I doubt it would be too difficult to flip 2nd round picks for future second round picks.  It seems that would make sense for a couple of them since we haven't move any in a trade. 

« Reply #1359 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Ughhh Zizic...

Wyc basically confirmed it in his rant.  Claimed it was a low ball trade.  Not sure what the Celtics were smoking but that was a darn good trade.  Boston will regret not taking it.  Basically chose Brown over Noel, Covington, Luwawu, and Korkmaz (that is just using the players Philly took).  Unless Brown is a HOF type player, I don't see how it will ever work out in Boston's favor.  Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Covington has a better career than Brown yet alone Noel.

Wyc clearly refused to name any details of any trade offers. He made that crystal clear that teams don't do that, and he didn't want to do that, so we have no idea what was really offered.

No, it was pretty clearly confirmed by several major NBA sources, like Stein.

« Reply #1360 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

That's what I'm wondering. I can understand some sliding, but this is very far for both of them. What gives?

(1) Production - neither guy produced much on the previous level
(2) Attitudes - there's rumors about both about how hard they work.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #1361 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:12 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
Warriors can grab a talent big late here

Davis to replace Ezili or Skal as a stetch 4
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1362 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:55 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Relax boys and girls, we only need that Jaylen Brown will be the next Lebron James, nothing more

« Reply #1363 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Well if Danny believes that Jaylen Brown will be a star and Noel and Covington don't move the meter significantly, then he made the right move.  It all depends on how well JB turns out.

Don't tell me you think the 24th/26th picks had any real value.

Ughhh Zizic...

Yes, it was confirmed by several accounts, such as Stein and Woj, I believe. It was even on the table most of the day, yet Danny turned it down. That's why it's such a disappointing night. Danny is irrational when it comes to winning trades.

No, I actually wouldn't have took the two other picks (we don't need them). I think Noel has a better career than Brown.

« Reply #1364 on: June 23, 2016, 10:44:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Overall this is one of the weakest drafts in a long time. Ugh. Can't wait for 2017