Author Topic: Jaylen Brown or Jamal Murray?  (Read 19754 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown or Jamal Murray?
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2016, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Ford said Jaylen Brown was terrible in interviews, and could very well drop out of the top 10.   Wow, I really had high hopes for him.
Did Ford elaborate? Brown is supposed to be a very bright and well spoken guy so this surprises me. It would surprise me less if a team fed Ford this info on the hopes that Brown slipped to them.

If Brown does slip out of the top 10 we should be doing anything we can to trade up from 16 and grab him.

Ford

Perhaps the most difficult player to accurately rank right now is Cal's Jaylen Brown. Brown told reporters in Chicago that his range was "1 through 10." That's right, he thinks he's in the mix for the No. 1 pick. I spoke with a couple of teams who believe he's a top-five pick, which isn't far off Brown's assessment. However, a number of others have him in the teens to early 20s.

Several teams that had him in for interviews this week were not impressed with how he handled himself. "He was the worst interview we had this week," one NBA GM said. "By far, the worst interview. I know he hasn't hired an agent yet, but he was arrogant and didn't show a real feel for the game when we asked him basketball questions. He hurt himself more than anyone here."

Other teams are more concerned about game film of Brown. "He's a 6-foot-7 power forward who thinks he's a wing," one GM said. "His feel and ability to create for himself just aren't there. I love the body and athleticism and I agree he wasn't in an ideal situation at Cal, but I'd have a hard time taking him ahead of the top-10 guys on our board."

An athletic power forward who thinks he's a wing and overestimates his own abilities?  Sounds like Josh Smith 2.0 to me.

That said, I'd have no problem in taking Josh Smith 2.0 with the 16th pick.  Not sure I'd move heaven and earth to jump up beyond 16, but I would for a couple of seconds.  I would not want him at 5, however.

no offense, but why are you so easily swayed by "one" opinion?   

I'm sure "no offense" was meant.  You're a master at not offending people.

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Ford said Jaylen Brown was terrible in interviews, and could very well drop out of the top 10.   Wow, I really had high hopes for him.
Did Ford elaborate? Brown is supposed to be a very bright and well spoken guy so this surprises me. It would surprise me less if a team fed Ford this info on the hopes that Brown slipped to them.

If Brown does slip out of the top 10 we should be doing anything we can to trade up from 16 and grab him.

Ford

Perhaps the most difficult player to accurately rank right now is Cal's Jaylen Brown. Brown told reporters in Chicago that his range was "1 through 10." That's right, he thinks he's in the mix for the No. 1 pick. I spoke with a couple of teams who believe he's a top-five pick, which isn't far off Brown's assessment. However, a number of others have him in the teens to early 20s.

Several teams that had him in for interviews this week were not impressed with how he handled himself. "He was the worst interview we had this week," one NBA GM said. "By far, the worst interview. I know he hasn't hired an agent yet, but he was arrogant and didn't show a real feel for the game when we asked him basketball questions. He hurt himself more than anyone here."

Other teams are more concerned about game film of Brown. "He's a 6-foot-7 power forward who thinks he's a wing," one GM said. "His feel and ability to create for himself just aren't there. I love the body and athleticism and I agree he wasn't in an ideal situation at Cal, but I'd have a hard time taking him ahead of the top-10 guys on our board."

An athletic power forward who thinks he's a wing and overestimates his own abilities?  Sounds like Josh Smith 2.0 to me.

That said, I'd have no problem in taking Josh Smith 2.0 with the 16th pick.  Not sure I'd move heaven and earth to jump up beyond 16, but I would for a couple of seconds.  I would not want him at 5, however.

no offense, but why are you so easily swayed by "one" opinion?   

I'm sure "no offense" was meant.  You're a master at not offending people.
That was salty

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2016, 01:32:54 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd take Bender, Lab, Heild and Murray over Brown.

I also like Lab over Brown. They both had disappointing college seasons, but I think Lab will have an easier time getting on the floor in the NBA with the spacing he provides, and that will lead to a better developmental track. Brown needs to go to a bad team that can afford to let him learn on the job.

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Interesting what Murphy said in Herald. That Simmons making GMs annoyed by arrogance and refusal to give any interviews. That possible Bender moves to top 2.

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2016, 02:24:22 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Interesting what Murphy said in Herald. That Simmons making GMs annoyed by arrogance and refusal to give any interviews. That possible Bender moves to top 2.

I like Bender, but this would be a comical error.

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2016, 02:31:24 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Is there a reference to this?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2016, 02:37:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836

Go read Boston Herald today online. I can't link I'm a spazz

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Go read Boston Herald today online. I can't link I'm a spazz

Yeah I found it literally right after I posted that. Thanks though
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd take Bender, Lab, Heild and Murray over Brown.

I also like Lab over Brown. They both had disappointing college seasons, but I think Lab will have an easier time getting on the floor in the NBA with the spacing he provides, and that will lead to a better developmental track. Brown needs to go to a bad team that can afford to let him learn on the job.
Yes he can maybe develop better and become similar to LaVine but I don't think he will reach even that level. Still Brown is a decent top 10 pick.

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Brown is trash, I can't believe he's even considered a top 10 pick.  The LAST thing this team needs is another wing who can't shoot and can't finish.  Take someone who can play basketball. 

« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Brown is trash, I can't believe he's even considered a top 10 pick.  The LAST thing this team needs is another wing who can't shoot and can't finish.  Take someone who can play basketball.

Unfortunately, that's exactly the kind of guy Danny LOVES: can't shoot and can't finish, has a good attitude, and makes for good journalism. Marcus may prove my point wrong, but the fact that Danny was going to trade up to 4 to take Winslow backs it up too.