Author Topic: Interesting Steve Kyler Mock Draft  (Read 6805 times)

Re: Interesting Steve Kyler Mock Draft
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
This is a reaction to the Cs lack of room for rookie scale deals combined with their silly number of draft picks. They have to draft and stash if they keep picks.

What I love about this scenario? Danny has avoided European players like the plague, and in a number of cases to his detriment. I think it will be interesting to see how he the rubber meets the road if he can't get value in trade for picks, especially second rounders...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 12:17:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I love using the picks on draft and stash guys. Lots of people have mentioned how Ainge has no leverage in a draft day trade because every gm knows he can't make all his picks. This draft points out how that notion is wrong, because we could go heavy with draft and stash.

That being said, I'd like to draft at least one rookie who can fight for a rotation spot right away. That's why I preferred the original iteration where we get Sabonis instead of Korkmaz. Sabonis would be a great replacement for Sullinger in that he can really rebound.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
This is a reaction to the Cs lack of room for rookie scale deals combined with their silly number of draft picks. They have to draft and stash if they keep picks.

What I love about this scenario? Danny has avoided European players like the plague, and in a number of cases to his detriment. I think it will be interesting to see how he the rubber meets the road if he can't get value in trade for picks, especially second rounders...
just curious, but could you give that number and those cases? how many and which european players (or international players) did he pass over and later proved to be better than his pick? and to avoid using 20/20 hindsight, please let us know how these players were evaluated at the time of the draft so we can judge ainge's abilities here.

i ask this since boris badenov wrote a great post sometime ago that went far in disproving any "anti-international bias" on the part of danny.

thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I would pass on almost every euro/international they are usually to skinny. Of course each player is a case by case basis.

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 03:21:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

just curious, but could you give that number and those cases? how many and which european players (or international players) did he pass over and later proved to be better than his pick? and to avoid using 20/20 hindsight, please let us know how these players were evaluated at the time of the draft so we can judge ainge's abilities here.

i ask this since boris badenov wrote a great post sometime ago that went far in disproving any "anti-international bias" on the part of danny.

thank you.
The only evidence I can think of would be Giannis and then last year he was reportedly planning to pick Winslow at 4.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja

thank you.
The only evidence I can think of would be Giannis and then last year he was reportedly planning to pick Winslow at 4.
agreed. but even this wasnt some unreasonable pattern. Giannis went at #15 in the draft, so more GMs than just ainge had some questions about him. giannis was not a sure thing at the time. ainge decided to play it safe. i disagreed then, but i understand.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 03:25:14 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
We would definitely end up with some overseas height.  In five years we can have an all over 7ft team.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
and everyone under 225

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Brown skai maker papagiannis

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 10:36:44 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL, there is ZERO chance we draft 7 international players in one draft.  I'd be shocked if we drafted 2 or more international prospects from the same draft.  We've NEVER drafted internationals highly before.  Don't see that changing any time soon.

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Mostly high upside picks, mixed with the safe pick of Sabonis; I like it. I really think Bender would be a great fit for us.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I love using the picks on draft and stash guys. Lots of people have mentioned how Ainge has no leverage in a draft day trade because every gm knows he can't make all his picks. This draft points out how that notion is wrong, because we could go heavy with draft and stash.

That being said, I'd like to draft at least one rookie who can fight for a rotation spot right away. That's why I preferred the original iteration where we get Sabonis instead of Korkmaz. Sabonis would be a great replacement for Sullinger in that he can really rebound.

Bender would be in the rotation immediately. It seems all but certain that he'll be in the NBA for the 16-17 season.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 02:31:46 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
LOL, there is ZERO chance we draft 7 international players in one draft.  I'd be shocked if we drafted 2 or more international prospects from the same draft.  We've NEVER drafted internationals highly before.  Don't see that changing any time soon.
I'd be shocked if we draft more than 2 players this draft! I really enjoy analysing the draft and who we might pick but this year at times it feels pointless arguing about it because I expect most of the picks to be gone in a trade!