Poll

Would you trade 8 picks to grab a stud Simmons or Ingram

Heck Yeah!
37 (66.1%)
No. Better chances with multiple players.
19 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Would you trade the entire draft to move from #3 to #2  (Read 7448 times)

Re: Would you trade the entire draft to move from #3 to #2
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
100%

need to trade some picks or players anyway.

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 07:12:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wait a second....Brandon Ingram is considered some sort of can't miss star? As opposed to whoever is #3? Really?

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 07:19:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
wow 18 people think Ingram is worth all of ooour draft choices.

You guys need to keep your day jobs.

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The fact that you're getting an avalanche of "absolutely yes" responses is a pretty good evidence of why the team sitting at #2 would never do this.

You say "the entire draft" but really your trade partner isn't gonna care that much about the picks you're offering beyond the Nets pick and the Dallas pick.  You'd probably have to throw in Smart, KO, or Avery to get them interested.

Agreed and I'd do it.

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 07:24:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
a horse a horse the Celtics Kingdom for a horse.

No, not a game of H O R S E, an Ingram

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 07:26:26 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
No, you take Bender with the 3rd pick and take chances with the others. Stats show that multiple picks have a better chance of producing a star. Noone knows for sure if Ingram and Simmons will turn out to be worthy of 1 and 2 or if it'll be like Parker or Oladipo, good players but not franchise changing

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

We get lucky and get the third pick. Would you trade The Nets pick, Celtics pick, Mavs pick, Philly's pick, plus 4 more second rounders to move up one spot to draft what should be a sure thing or just as an example would you rather have.

Buddy Hield
 Domantas Sabonis
 Diamond Stone. Move up with Celtics pick.
 Greyson Allen

TP to you for the topic!

I say yes I would.

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 07:42:12 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
No, you take Bender with the 3rd pick and take chances with the others. Stats show that multiple picks have a better chance of producing a star. Noone knows for sure if Ingram and Simmons will turn out to be worthy of 1 and 2 or if it'll be like Parker or Oladipo, good players but not franchise changing

But how many stars come from the range of the other 1sts Boston will have (DAL, BOS)? What are the stats on those picks?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Wait a second....Brandon Ingram is considered some sort of can't miss star? As opposed to whoever is #3? Really?

It's not so much that Ingram is "can't miss" as that the next best prospect on the board is probably a mystery box Euro currently coming off the bench for a middle of the road Israeli team.

Bender might be better than Ingram, but if you're picking at 3 you feel a lot less confident that you're getting a really good player.

It's not like Ingram's a slouch.  He had a comparable freshman season at Duke to what Durant did at Texas.  And there's always a chance somebody overthinks the #1 pick and Simmons falls to #2.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 08:08:03 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
a horse a horse the Celtics Kingdom for a horse.

No, not a game of H O R S E, an Ingram

A tad histrionic, no?  Giving up the 2016 picks, without sacrificing young players or future draft assets, hardly seems comparable to the whole kingdom of the House of York.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 08:29:23 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Ugh. If we keep the pick we better not take bender.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 08:41:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I voted yes, but immediately felt the Vikings trading all those picks for Hershel Walker.

How did that turn out?

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 08:57:56 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Absolutely, draft is really not that deep outside of the top 2 with the talent we are looking for. Good role players, but we have enough of those. If we can't trade our picks for Boogie or Butler then I say we trade up for Ingram or Simmons. I think Simmons is going to drop too. Remember when we were arguing Parker over Wiggins. Well of course Wiggins ended up being the pick because of so called "upside", but he ended up being a better rookie and could actually play the SF position. For the teams at the top like LA and Philly they need an actual SF who can stretch the floor at the 3. Ingram has just as much, if not more upside than Simmons and he can stretch the floor while being a better fit at the 3 spot. If Simmons falls to 2 we trade up because he's a star in our system. Bar none.

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I voted yes, but immediately felt the Vikings trading all those picks for Hershel Walker.

How did that turn out?

and Ditka trading all his pick for the RB with dreadlocks.

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 09:14:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I voted no.   I might trade them for an established NBA star but not a number two pick.  Can't miss draft picks miss all the time.