Author Topic: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks  (Read 13932 times)

Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:44:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Mitch Lawrence: The Clippers have talked to the Nuggets about trading Blake Griffin to Denver, per NBA sources.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 01:46:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow - maybe Gallo + Faried as a starting point, with Denver taking on Lance's contract?  Nuggets would probably have to be putting out a major package to have the Clips' attention.  Assuming as always that this is accurate, etc etc.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Wow - maybe Gallo + Faried as a starting point, with Denver taking on Lance's contract?  Nuggets would probably have to be putting out a major package to have the Clips' attention.  Assuming as always that this is accurate, etc etc.

An interesting scenario. Griffin can opt out of his contract after next season. Would he want to stay in Denver?

Meanwhile, I can't see Faried and Griffin working together in the frontcourt on offense. Gallo as a stretch 4 could help the Clips, though.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:50:12 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
This trade (assuming Gallo & Faried are involved) would actually make a good amount of sense for the Clippers.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Better question is what they want for griffin and is this the player to go get for Danny?

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This trade (assuming Gallo & Faried are involved) would actually make a good amount of sense for the Clippers.

Yeah Denver just doesn't have that many alluring names to offer LA, especially since Nurkic and Mudiay are at the Clips' strongest positions.  I think it'd have to involve both.  But Gallo would be a nice stretch 4 and Faried I assume would mostly be asked to be an high-energy third big. 

Interesting stuff, even if as usual it doesn't go anywhere.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
And this is kind of why it's hard to get overly excited about Boston's assets.  Yeah, we have a lot of picks and some decent role players, but if a team prefers established talent, there's a lot of ways to outbid our best offer. 

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
And this is kind of why it's hard to get overly excited about Boston's assets.  Yeah, we have a lot of picks and some decent role players, but if a team prefers established talent, there's a lot of ways to outbid our best offer.

Really, you don't think Lee, Crowder, AB, BRK '16 Boston '16 and how ever many 2nd's you need get's the Clips talking???

We'd take back Griffin and Stephenson

I know this may not be the proper thread for this, but still. I think we could trump most offers.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 02:01:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

You said Danilo isn't that good. Faried is an overrated guy that can't defend. Why do you consider their assets better than Thomas, Crowder, Smart, Olynyk, etc? If I'm Doc, I think that Crowder (a SF that can defend the position) and Olynyk (a 4 that can create spacing for Jordan/Paul PNR's) is a better fit/package than Gallo and Faried. Then, you factor in our picks and we clearly have better assets. The question in fact isn't if we do or not, but rathe if we are willing to deal them.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 02:04:09 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Denver has picks to spare and Galo + Faried for Griffin + Stephenson works

This could gain traction because Denver has the picks to keep it interesting but my first though is how bad would the spacing be with Faried and Jordon.

Here is by attempt at getting the Cs in on this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jn9fvmu

Cs get Faried

Clip get Galo, Sully, Jerebko, Cs 2016, Mavs 2016, Denver 2016

Nuggets get Griffin and Stephenson
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 02:08:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

This could gain traction because Denver has the picks to keep it interesting but my first though is how bad would the spacing be with Faried and Jordon.

Cs get Faried

Why so much for Faried? He's not that good.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 02:09:32 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Really, you don't think Lee, Crowder, AB, BRK '16 Boston '16 and how ever many 2nd's you need get's the Clips talking???

We'd take back Griffin and Stephenson

I know this may not be the proper thread for this, but still. I think we could trump most offers.

I would do that trade, it would hurt our bench but in the playoffs you need the stars and our defense would be incredible when Blake gets healthy.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 02:10:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You said Danilo isn't that good.
Misrepresenting my opinion again.  Classic Ed.

July 8th 2015...  I may have been the first person to suggest going after Gallo:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=79647.0

Nuggets put Gallo on the trade block a couple weeks ago:  http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/24/8843099/danilo-gallinari-trade-rumors-nuggets

Boston needs shooting.  Boston needs an upgrade at SF (too many PF's and guards).   Ainge loves buy-low candidates.  Can't imagine the price will be high.  Denver is seemingly building around youth (Mudiay and Nurkic). 

Constantly injured, but he's 26 years old and post all-star he put up:  18.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.3 steals on 44%/40%/89% shooting in 24 games.  Career 37% shooter from three (when he wasn't in a hospital bed).  He did this a couple months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3T7quja1JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGBjpBMnHVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbyJ5weKuBU

A little after that we learned that Ainge was indeed interested in Gallo.  Gallo then became a popular topic on the forum.   He then signed an extension preventing him from being traded until this month.

I've never been anti-Gallo.  I've mentioned multiple times that getting him would help us incrementally.  My previous comments regardling Gallo you are misrepresenting is me relaying what I've heard from multiple sources... which is that Ainge would be unlikely to give up major assets for a guy that would eat into our ability to have double max cap space.  This isn't my idea... I've read it in articles and heard it in podcasts.  Naturally, you warp that view into "LarBrd doesn't think Gallo is good".  Triggered. 

That doesn't mean that Gallo isn't a solid borderline star when healthy.    He and faried are pretty solid players.   My point here was that when superstars (like Blake, for instance) become available, teams don't always target draft picks and prospects... sometimes they target solid players like Gallo and Faried.  Some people seem to have this belief around here that because Boston has a gluttony of "assets", it makes us the frontrunner when a star becomes available.  It wasn't the case when Kevin Love became available.  And my point all along has been... despite having that Brooklyn pick and lots of other middling assets, there's plenty of teams that can outbid us with basketball talent.

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 02:11:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Cs get Faried

We would need Denver 2016 in that, Faried isn't that good
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 02:12:54 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

This is not well thought out. You're taking one rumor largely out of context to suggest that the Nuggets are the only team capable of landing Blake Griffin. Or you could extrapolate, based on the presumed starting point of Gallo/Faried, and say that Milwaukee could easily offer Middleton/Antetokounmpo straight up, Houston could offer Ariza/Terrence Jones/Capela/1sts, Boston could offer AB/Crowder/Olynyk/1sts, etc.

I don't buy this rumor unless the Clips are enthralled with Gallo and believe they could flip other young assets received in the deal for another legitimate player. Faried is not a good fit next to DeAndre.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/