Author Topic: NBA Season 2015-2016  (Read 179981 times)

Re: NBA Season 2015-2016
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2015, 10:10:07 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I know it's still real early but that Timberwolves pick really could end up conveying in the 1st round yet. Towns is ready to meaningfully contribute in a big way, Wiggins looks like a sure-fire star, they have good veteran leadership in KG and Kevin Martin. It's starting to look like They could make a push for the 8th seed in the West. As SaltLover said, it's truly a shame that Flip won't get to see it, because he turned a team that was based around K-Love and was scraping to stay competitive into 3 #1 overall picks and one of the best young cores in the league.

I still have a hard time believing Minnesota's youth will be able to bring it consistently enough to make a major playoff push out West, but they're doing it so far.  Very impressive to get that huge lead but more impressive to knuckle back down and win after Atlanta came all the way back and took the lead.

Having KG/Prince/Miller there to stabilize and teach the young guys looks like an extremely savvy move.  Not a coincidence there's one big, one wing, one PG in that group.  Their contributions are greatly exceeding the limited amount they're able to do on the court.  Which is good because Miller got a steal for a "breakaway" last night and looked like a 60 year old in a track meet.  Stole it just behind halfcourt and had a defender in front of him and turned to face before he made it to the 3 point line  :)

« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2015, 09:08:14 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I have to recommend switching over to Jazz v Cavs for the halftime if any of you have League Pass

« Reply #407 on: November 10, 2015, 09:10:45 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
Hayward and Stifle Tower are both legit stars now.  There are so many watchable teams this year

« Reply #408 on: November 10, 2015, 09:11:06 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
I know it's still real early but that Timberwolves pick really could end up conveying in the 1st round yet. Towns is ready to meaningfully contribute in a big way, Wiggins looks like a sure-fire star, they have good veteran leadership in KG and Kevin Martin. It's starting to look like They could make a push for the 8th seed in the West. As SaltLover said, it's truly a shame that Flip won't get to see it, because he turned a team that was based around K-Love and was scraping to stay competitive into 3 #1 overall picks and one of the best young cores in the league.

I still have a hard time believing Minnesota's youth will be able to bring it consistently enough to make a major playoff push out West, but they're doing it so far.  Very impressive to get that huge lead but more impressive to knuckle back down and win after Atlanta came all the way back and took the lead.

Having KG/Prince/Miller there to stabilize and teach the young guys looks like an extremely savvy move.  Not a coincidence there's one big, one wing, one PG in that group.  Their contributions are greatly exceeding the limited amount they're able to do on the court.  Which is good because Miller got a steal for a "breakaway" last night and looked like a 60 year old in a track meet.  Stole it just behind halfcourt and had a defender in front of him and turned to face before he made it to the 3 point line  :)

One thing about having KG on the team -- Minny will not tank.   The veterans will push the youth to win as many as possible.

« Reply #409 on: November 10, 2015, 09:17:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

One thing about having KG on the team -- Minny will not tank.   The veterans will push the youth to win as many as possible.

Key point. KG is on that team for one reason... to be a mentor. Not only will he push them but I guarantee part of why Towns looks so good is KG

« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2015, 09:33:59 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The Lakers are a disaster to watch.

« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Randle has been awful so far.

« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Anyone else still think we should have taken him over Smart?

« Reply #413 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Minny is about to be 0-3 at home and 4-0 on the road. 

« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Eh they didn't have Wiggins or Rubio tonight. Cab't blame them.

« Reply #415 on: November 10, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
The Pelicans are on their way to their first win.

« Reply #416 on: November 10, 2015, 10:27:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

This is why we can't do this on a game by game basis lol

« Reply #417 on: November 10, 2015, 10:31:52 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

why do it at all? they don't even play the same position. comparisons should be made for smart vs. PG/SG not a big.

I get it, we chose Smart over Randle but we also chose Smaht over about 50 other players too!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #418 on: November 10, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker

why do it at all? they don't even play the same position. comparisons should be made for smart vs. PG/SG not a big.

I get it, we chose Smart over Randle but we also chose Smaht over about 50 other players too!

Do Jazz fans post these threads about Smart compared to Exum?

« Reply #419 on: November 10, 2015, 10:35:09 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Because some people on this site won't stop at nothing to claim Randle is a better player... Personally I'm with you I think they're both good players but I like Smart's mentally more