Author Topic: Cs should feel insulted  (Read 5952 times)

Cs should feel insulted
« on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
after losing a coach to the Clippers, but it really takes the cake that there were rumors that we could lose CBS to OKC. Really? Is that what this league has come to? Coaches chasing teams with superstars? Please tell me not all coaches are like Glen Rivers.

Re: Cs should feel insulted
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Thought that Florida State coach is in the process of signing with OKC?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 08:19:02 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
after losing a coach to the Clippers, but it really takes the cake that there were rumors that we could lose CBS to OKC. Really? Is that what this league has come to? Coaches chasing teams with superstars? Please tell me not all coaches are like Glen Rivers.

Every team in the league should want Brad Stevens and every player in the league should want to play for him.

Where did you read those rumors?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 08:23:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
of course every team should want CBS, but have the Cs got so low that there is even a risk of us losing a coach to another team? That is part of the problem caused by Glen Rivers. He really lowered the allure of the job when he quit the Celtics to go to the Clippers of all teams. This is why an OKC summoned the audacity to think they could even look at our coach.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
of course every team should want CBS, but have the Cs got so low that there is even a risk of us losing a coach to another team? That is part of the problem caused by Glen Rivers. He really lowered the allure of the job when he quit the Celtics to go to the Clippers of all teams. This is why an OKC summoned the audacity to think they could even look at our coach.

And that is why I dislike Flop Rivers and anything affiliated with him today. Overrated coach lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We already got compensated for Doc leaving.

For one, Stevens is looking like as good, if not better, is cheaper, and we got a 1st round pick. Doc didn't want to be with us and coach a rebuilding team, so let him walk.

As far as other teams trying to pirate other coaches, well, if I own an NBA team and I see a good coach, why wouldn't I try to pirate him? If I can pay compensation to void that contract, I would if it means getting the coach I think will put my team to the next level.

I don't think the Celtics should be insulted in both scenarios. We got something in return for a coach who wanted out anyway, and we have a coach who's so good, he's a hot commodity.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
we disagree on this one Yoki,

I bet you no one ever tries to poach a coach from the Lakers UNLESS that coach has put out word that he wants out. That is how it should be with the Celtics, it should be seen as the best job in basketball. Thanks to Glen Rivers who was never really committed to the team we now have to worry that our good coach may be looking at another job. Even Indiana had the gall to poach our coach.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 08:39:01 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
1) OKC's coaching job has already been filled.
2) The reports are that OKC was looking to hire Stevens long before Boston actually did, but never had an opportunity to bring him in.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I bet you no one ever tries to poach a coach from the Lakers UNLESS that coach has put out word that he wants out. That is how it should be with the Celtics, it should be seen as the best job in basketball. Thanks to Glen Rivers who was never really committed to the team we now have to worry that our good coach may be looking at another job. Even Indiana had the gall to poach our coach.

But Doc Rivers wanted out. We could have easily lost Rivers for nothing. He could have retired just so he won't coach, and then come back next year. But we got a first round pick for him. Any Lakers coach who wanted out of that team could easily do the same thing.

I'm sorry, but you need a little reality check, friend. The current Celtics isn't exactly as appealing as the Lakers, even today. The legacy apparently isn't enough to attract a big name coach, and I can't blame them. No stars, full of young talent but untapped potential. We're lucky that we landed Brad. Premier coaches like Rivers (although I'm not sure about that) normally doesn't want to be in a rebuilding (which technically amounts to losing) situations.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 09:00:01 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No reason to get insulted. Poor fellows are just being jealous  ;D

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
"My new hot girlfriend has tons of guys pursuing her."

"I blame my ex-girlfriend. She was hot too, and broke up with me to date someone better looking."

"Obviously if that hadn't happened, my current girlfriend would not be pursued by guys."

"I'm so insulted."

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

"I blame my ex-girlfriend. She was hot too, and broke up with me to date someone better looking."

"Obviously if that hadn't happened, my current girlfriend would not be pursued by guys."

"I'm so insulted."

;D

Da Bes
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

just curious, but do you have any links or evidence for this or your original point about CBS being poached?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 09:29:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think you'll be happier in life if you adjust your notions of what it should take to make you feel insulted.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

"I'm so insulted."

Brilliant - thank you for taking a moronic argument and clearly and succinctly demonstrating just how incredibly moronic it really is.   :)