Author Topic: in defense of KO  (Read 11347 times)

in defense of KO
« on: March 25, 2015, 06:06:11 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Sophomore jinx,a second year player who worked hard over off season and came back much stronger but walked into  revolving door of new players,turner,zeller a rookie and rondo ,you had all star point guard that ignored you, a new unpredictable turner playing multiple positions and a rookie and your buddy pressy.Oh yeh,green the magician ,who could just disappear.Thorton another light switch type of player.Now the merry go round really starts rondo the all star goes and in comes more unknowns,crowder ,wright and then green the high scorer go to guy, for prince and then prince for jerebko and datome in all this fogot thorton goes and then isiah comes--your a seven footer in your 2nd year trying to just hold traction in this enviornment-juggling line ups ,rookies ,new players-losing a control freak guard-if your a finess big what a nightmare-west coast trips ,travelling and christmas-who,what,where and when and isiah a total game changer and then a really bad sprain missing 18 games and sully- and then just getting on court and isiah is down and we are in thick of playoff race and his ankle and conditioning has slowed him down and altered everything-read and react they hardly no each others names-not a easy sophomore year -CRITICS
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:59:42 AM by rollie mass »

Re: in defense of KO
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:37:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
statistics and effciency ,what happens when you don't know if your teamate is righty or lefty,where he likes the ball ,what his favorite moves are,how he plays defense ,his weaknesses,his spots ,how much time he takes to shoot,how quick he moves toward the ball,how high and quick he gets up-how he cheats on d,how he gets over pick or goes under-who he matches up good against-is it smart ,evan or isiah or pressey-no wonder opposing coaches and players get messed up-its like bumper cars out there-**** zeller  is shooting now and hitting at high %, -now isiah is coming back and does that change everything-next year free agents and trades along with another rookie draft choice and a slimmer sully,stronger zeller and turner with the same team-maybe
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 06:45:36 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
KO does not need to be "defended". He is a mid 1st round pick on what many consider a very weak draft. He is averaging 10/5/2 at about 23 minutes while shooting 53% true shooting -  in a season which included a month long injury that took him out of his game.

He is leading the team in Net Rating, and if you take out a horrific post injury January his numbers are even better.

Lastly, in the month of Feb he is posting stellar net rating of 11.9 which would make him one of the league leaders. I don't know why - but we are one of the best defenses in the league when he is playing in Feb...

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
KO does not need to be "defended". He is a mid 1st round pick on what many consider a very weak draft. He is averaging 10/5/2 at about 23 minutes while shooting 53% true shooting -  in a season which included a month long injury that took him out of his game.

He is leading the team in Net Rating, and if you take out a horrific post injury January his numbers are even better.

Lastly, in the month of Feb he is posting stellar net rating of 11.9 which would make him one of the league leaders. I don't know why - but we are one of the best defenses in the league when he is playing in Feb...

Great post!

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:43:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
tp for green-hope he closes well like last year-i just posted that because consistency,efficiency and stability are so intertwined to an all around player-and kelly gets such criticsm,-the whole team will benefit from a season together-jerebco has done really well as has tyler and brad has been incrediable keeping it all together--------sure see quite a few critics on this board

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:43 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
If you read the posts on this forum, it seems like every player on our team is a bum. We nitpick at their drawbacks - i.e Smart & ET can't shoot. KO can't defend. Sully is fat. Zeller cant board etc. BUT we are 8th and not too far from Miami and its "superstars".

We have a bunch of guys who have flaws, but a lot of strengths as well. More importantly, we have a coach and a system that allows us to punch above our weight. That is how and o"old and broken down" spurs team destroyed the heat. Obviously, we are still short on talent - but I love our team and feel we are WAY ahead of the curve on this rebuild.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
joe-i played for rollie massamino-that guy won at every level from high school coach of year to final four, and he did it with often just above average talent and teamwork and tough physical defense,So i appreciate the hard worker ,the well rounded players  that give 110% and i have known my injuries-i called him after 50yrs and he said"yeh, the skinny kid that was all over the court"-and i smiled-

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

This is true but the fact that the OP even choice to post on this topic shows that he has some doubts that he has to defend about the key.   If you were secure in your opinion, I would just ignore the detractors, but you did not.

We have a bunch of guys who have flaws, but a lot of strengths as well. More importantly, we have a coach and a system that allows us to punch above our weight. That is how and o"old and broken down" spurs team destroyed the heat. Obviously, we are still short on talent - but I love our team and feel we are WAY ahead of the curve on this rebuild.

True, enough but we are a far cry from the spurs but we play hard and I too, like that.   

Its fine to have flawed guys at this point of the rebuild.   When we try to get closer to contention we will have to lose some of the flawed guys or they will be fall guys for us.  The Spurs flaws also a strength to them, Duncan, Manu and TP are old but with that comes veteran saavy and knowing how to win.  Our guys flaws are not double edged, they are more strict limitations at this point and honestly, they are just learning what it takes to win.    That is one thing we have accomplished at the end of this year.   Rest assured, some of the flawed guys will not be here when we contend next.   A house is only as good as its foundation and a team built around guys who can't play D will pay for it at some point.  Now some of these guys will learn to play it better but not all will.

not too far from Miami and its "superstars".

Bosh is hurt, Wade has been playing great, you are aware they lost LeBron?   Deng is not a superstar.   I do not consider them having a superstar per se.    They do have more talent and we are playing beyond ours and very hard.   I can see that point but as for them having a "superstar"  that is hyperbole.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Sophomore jinx,a second year player who worked hard over off season and came back much stronger but walked into  revolving door of new players,turner,zeller a rookie and rondo on mend,you had point guard that ignored you, a new unpreditable turner and a rookie and your buddy prissy.

Oh yeh,green the magician ,who could just disappear.

Thorton another light switch type of player.Now the merry go round really starts rondo the all star goes and in comes more unknowns,crowder ,wright and then green the high scorer go to guy, for prince and then prince for jerebko and datome in all this fogot thorton goes and then isiah comes--

your a seven footer in your 2nd year trying to just hold traction in this enviornment-juggling line ups ,rookies ,new players-losing a control freak guard-if your a finess big what a nightmare-west coast trips ,travelling and christmas-who,what,where and when and isiah a total game changer and then a really bad sprain missing 18 games and sully- and then just getting on court and isiah is down and we are in thick of playoff race and his ankle and conditioning has slowed him down and altered everything-

read and react they hardly no each others names-not a easy sophomore year -CRITICS
rollie, thanks for the thread, but it is really, really hard to read a single block of text. i know you have trouble typing with your hand. but i also believe you can hit the return button a couple of times.

i reformatted to help you see how it might look. plus, a period or three might be nice as well.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
sorry ,still posting balancing laptop on tilt with one hand ,flat out in bed-great re format ,your hired-

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't know why - but we are one of the best defenses in the league when he is playing in Feb...

Probably because of the teams we played:
http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule

We played, uh, one playoff team that month?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:05:53 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
If you read the posts on this forum, it seems like every player on our team is a bum. We nitpick at their drawbacks - i.e Smart & ET can't shoot. KO can't defend. Sully is fat. Zeller cant board etc. BUT we are 8th and not too far from Miami and its "superstars".

Love it! TP
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 10:12:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Bingo

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I don't know why - but we are one of the best defenses in the league when he is playing in Feb...

Probably because of the teams we played:
http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule

We played, uh, one playoff team that month?
[dang] you DOS! just [dang] you and your [dang]ed facts, and [dang]ed information, and [dang]ed insights. if you keep insisting on being [dang]ed logical and [dang]ed objective you will suck all the [dang]ed fun out of this [dang]ed site!!  [dang] it. ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Olynyk is a better player than he looks.

The two blocks the other night were pretty spectacular.