Author Topic: ***March Madness***  (Read 81665 times)

Re: ***March Madness***
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This Duke team is a legit threat to Kentucky. They move the ball fairly well and the can shut down teams.

It will be interesting to see how Okafor would fair well against the two towers of KY., but from the looks of this game, it looks Duke has more than Okafor to throw at anyone.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2015, 05:01:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jah just makes the game look so effortless. Brilliant post moves. Most polished NBA ready big (offensively) I have seen in a long time.

As much as I hate tanking, and really would like to see Boston make the playoffs, I really would be beside myself if the Celtics ever were able to get their hands on this kid. I'm biased (Duke fan), but this kid is the real deal.

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2015, 07:13:24 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
man I really want the celtics to get winslow, hes doing everything right now. And he is just turning 19.

« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes is the real deal. 6-8 220 SF with a wingspan of 7-2 and shoots 39% from
3. He has the most upside of any Badger.  I'm hoping he declares this year so we can snatch him with the Clippers pick, as he hasn't been showcased playing with Kaminsky and Dekker.

« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes is the real deal. 6-8 220 SF with a wingspan of 7-2 and shoots 39% from
3. He has the most upside of any Badger.  I'm hoping he declares this year so we can snatch him with the Clippers pick, as he hasn't been showcased playing with Kaminsky and Dekker.
I'm a big fan of Hayes. I don't understand why he isn't ranked higher on boards, and I expect that to change after Wisconsin makes a deep tournament run.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2015, 01:18:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jah just makes the game look so effortless. Brilliant post moves. Most polished NBA ready big (offensively) I have seen in a long time.

As much as I hate tanking, and really would like to see Boston make the playoffs, I really would be beside myself if the Celtics ever were able to get their hands on this kid. I'm biased (Duke fan), but this kid is the real deal.

In college he is a bull in a china shop.   I do not think it will be so easy for him in the pros.   I think he will have a nice career but I expect him to be a better Elton Brand.   He is not an elite athlete by any means.  A lot of NBA players are strong and will push back something he does not get a lot of in college.  Many of the NBA big guys can run and jump too, some of ours excluded from that list.

« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I'm a big fan of Hayes. I don't understand why he isn't ranked higher on boards, and I expect that to change after Wisconsin makes a deep tournament run.

Yeah, when you watch Wisconsin that's the guy that has the most upside and it's not really that close (and I like Dekker). I'm hoping he doesn't rise up boards so we can grab him with the Clips pick, but the combine, which I expect him to excel in, could change that regardless of how he fares during the tourney.

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2015, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sam Dekker slowly creeping up in the draft?  Last season he was a disappointment. Inconsistent. Passive

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good handles, shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jfJSFInqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5iWivM1tU

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Dekker comparable to Gordon Hayward?

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2015, 11:07:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Sam Dekker slowly creeping up in the draft?  Last season he was a disappointment. Inconsistent. Passive

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

Yeah, I've been interested in him, as well, but I think he grew two inches and is now playing at the 4, which is odd, because he was perfectly fine on both ends as a 3.  I LOVED that spin move and head fake that he finished with his left hand coming down the stretch of tonight's game.  I don't think he'll be quick enough to play in the NBA, though, but maybe not.  He seemed slower than he was last year, for some reason.

« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2015, 11:12:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good handles, shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

More than decent athleticism.

« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah, when you watch Wisconsin that's the guy that has the most upside and it's not really that close (and I like Dekker). I'm hoping he doesn't rise up boards so we can grab him with the Clips pick, but the combine, which I expect him to excel in, could change that regardless of how he fares during the tourney.

How can you not be after he said that that reporter was beautiful when the mic was still on, lol?  That's a Biden/Kerry gaffe right there. ;D

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

Yeah, I've been interested in him, as well, but I think he grew two inches and is now playing at the 4, which is odd, because he was perfectly fine on both ends as a 3.  I LOVED that spin move and head fake that he finished with his left hand coming down the stretch of tonight's game.  I don't think he'll be quick enough to play in the NBA, though, but maybe not.  He seemed slower than he was last year, for some reason.

He's projected to go in the 20's.

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
oh that was ugly, dislocated pinkie finger for one of the harrisons