Author Topic: With whom can we trade up to get a top 5 pick for the 2015 draft?  (Read 24843 times)

Re: With whom can we trade up to get a top 5 pick for the 2015 draft?
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2015, 12:25:15 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
If we do this right, we should wind up with the 4th worst record. Philly, New York, and Minnesota are tanking correctly and we won't catch them. But 4th place is very doable as we trade off our useful veterans for expiring stiffs and more draft choices. The young guys need to play and this would achieve both our goals. Ainge and Stevens need to be on the same page. If we are going to be young and bad, be young and very bad.
I'm not convinced that trading Green makes this team worse.  Statistically, the team is a lot better when he's not on the court.  Trading Bass would be a good tanking move though.

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984
I think or pretty sure several teams will catch the C's with wins .

We re looking ruff.

Trading Bass and Green , keeping Nelson would really blow the bow off the ship

Stevens has this team pretty unraveled right now .

Knicks and Philly ....no ..they are a lock

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The chances of landing a player of pierces caliber are a lot higher if you have a top 3 pick.  Youre chances of a avoiding a heart attack are a lot higher if you change youre diet and exercise properly.  Just bc theres a couple examples of people out there who do neither and end up fine doesn't mean you should be content rolling the dice likethey did.

Im sorry I couldn't think of a better analogy but you get the point.
Thank you Greg and TP for you.  This is exactly my point.  It's a matter of planning, and I believe the Celts need a top 3 pick. If you are Ainge, you can't plan to get lucky at 10 and 15.  I don't understand why the two previous posters don't get that.

And that takes luck, I don't think the Celtics will land a top 3 pick this year and I don't want to rely heavily on the lottery to liberate the Celtics.