Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 112163 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:10 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
Wright has a 35.5  inch vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

he's anythony Davis like Stiemsma is Bill Russell ::)

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??

Yep. ;D  Send him to Indiana, where the fans and especially his gm will actually treat him with respect and appreciate his unique abilities.  Give him to Larry.  I no longer care what and/or who we get in return for our captain.  I'll miss you, Rondo. :'(  Thank you. :'(  I think I need a hug now, too. :'(  Sigh.

I never understood why that film was funny.  Sure, there are a couple of lines here and there (I think, anyway) that are mildly amusing, but I just never found it to be funny.  Yeah, I know - I'm weird, lol. ;D

Oh man you're asking for something serious right now, lol.

oh did someone just say they didn't understand why anchorman was so funny??  oh that is more of a slap in the face than this rumored dallas offer!  how dare you!  By the beard of zeus!

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:46 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Forget Dallas. I think he's eyeing that Pelicans 1st rounder that Houston has it's hands on.

What's the protection on it?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2014, 12:57:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Forget Dallas. I think he's eyeing that Pelicans 1st rounder that Houston has it's hands on.

Top 3 and bottom 20.

So its 4-19, and the Pelicans are projected to be in the low lottery this year based on their current level of play.

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 12:57:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

Man is he long.  He really struggled his first 4 seasons in the league. And now is playing closer to his potential.    Not as good obviously but kind of like a Anthony Davis type of player. Can block shots out of nowhere, dunking machine

I think it's funny how we have the first legitimate Rondo trade rumor in months and within four pages, the thread is in danger of devolving into a discussion of Brandan Wright's worth.

Come on, we've talked about Rondo for dozens and dozens of pages when there was nothing to really talk about! We're going to give up now when we actually have something material to spark debate??

Yep. ;D  Send him to Indiana, where the fans and especially his gm will actually treat him with respect and appreciate his unique abilities.  Give him to Larry.  I no longer care what and/or who we get in return for our captain.  I'll miss you, Rondo. :'(  Thank you. :'(  I think I need a hug now, too. :'(  Sigh.

I never understood why that film was funny.  Sure, there are a couple of lines here and there (I think, anyway) that are mildly amusing, but I just never found it to be funny.  Yeah, I know - I'm weird, lol. ;D

oh did someone just say they didn't understand why anchorman was so funny??  oh that is more of a slap in the face than this rumored dallas offer!  how dare you!  By the beard of zeus!

"I read somewhere that their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation!" lol

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 12:58:10 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I like Brandon Wright, but has anybody mentioned he is 27 yet?  I would be a lot happier with this guy if he were like 24

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I love lamp

Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something!

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2014, 12:58:25 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!

"Boy, that escalated quickly...."

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Top 3 and bottom 20.

So its 4-19, and the Pelicans are projected to be in the low lottery this year based on their current level of play.

Dang, so you just have to hope they'll bottom out or something, because any type of lottery luck leaping them into the top 3 would give it back to them.

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12045409/rajon-rondo-subject-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks

This one is the first I've seen that looks like it has serious potential to happen. would suck, I love Rondo, but would benefit both teams. We got at least one future 1st rounder and Brandan Wright - another UNC guy :)

Be cool to see him go to a very solid squad and possibly make them a contender... which I think is within the realm of possibility. Nice fit for him there.

Please God, make it so.

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 01:01:11 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

"Boy, that escalated quickly...."

” There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.”

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 01:01:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Seriously, though...  Dallas' late 1st round pick and some filler contracts is even less than I thought Boston could get for ROndo.  I knew the dude's trade value was minimal, but that's atrocious.  A worthless pick and some worthless filler?  I'd rather just combine Rondo with Gerald Wallace and take back a fat expiring like Amare.  Much better deal

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 01:03:30 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Already another thread on this.

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 01:06:12 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

What's annoying about protection on the Pelicans' pick or the Dallas pick is that every team that is in the lottery has a shot at the 1st 3 picks, then it goes in order of who has the worst record.  There is no chance that the Pellies or Mavs will be one of the 3 worst teams, so there is no chance of them drafting 4th-10th unless they lose pretty much every game for the rest of the season.  Therefore it doesn't matter how much protection is on it, because it will always be at least top 3 protected.

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I like Brandon Wright, but has anybody mentioned he is 27 yet?  I would be a lot happier with this guy if he were like 24

(holds up hand) yes, yes I did.  plus we already have 2-3 better PFs better than him on our team right now. 

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 01:06:49 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Seriously, though...  Dallas' late 1st round pick and some filler contracts is even less than I thought Boston could get for ROndo.  I knew the dude's trade value was minimal, but that's atrocious.  A worthless pick and some worthless filler?  I'd rather just combine Rondo with Gerald Wallace and take back a fat expiring like Amare.  Much better deal

Danny isn't doing the deal for one first. The deal would have been done already if that was the case. If Danny legitimately likes Dallas as a partner, he'll make a second 1st the dealbreaker.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/