Author Topic: 2014 Celticsblog Historical Draft Interest Thread  (Read 23161 times)

Re: 2014 Celticsblog Historical Draft Interest Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Shame.  Had this been when it normally was around Memorial Day I could have done it, but with a trial in 10 days, I can't allot the time required.  Sucks, as I really enjoy doing this.
I really enjoyed the May date for this too.

Same here.  I know, for me, that'd be a much better time to have it.  Lot less going on that time of year.

In the next few weeks, I'd like to hammer home a annual draft schedule that accommodates the CB Draft, Historical Draft, Pick 2 Draft, and the DKC.  My expectation would be that the DKC would be shuttered completely during the times of the other drafts.

I'd be interested in hearing everybody's proposals.  A lot of this will be done behind closed doors, but non-mods, please weigh in either here or via PM in terms of what you think would be good timing for the various drafts.

I'm thinking roughly:

Late January - February:  Pick 2 draft (scheduled not to conflict with DKC trading deadline)

April or May:  Historic draft (to be coordinated as not to conflict with DKC playoffs; this may require shortening of DKC playoffs, if necessary)

Late July - August:  CB Draft (planned around DKC free agency)

If somebody wanted to organize a "silly" draft (Redz' Ultimate Draft; the Pub Draft; wrestling / football / other sports draft), it could be done in October).

Again, though, any plan is going to have to involve 100% radio silence from the DKC during those times.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »

Offline Young Nick

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 105
  • Also known as P Swaggy.
I mean we are in a pretty quiet portion of DKC right now. Also I've only done pick 2 and it was only two picks a day, without any real debate or anything. I am not opposed to having them simultaneously as long as there is interest. Personally I think it would make sense for DKC to handle all of its stoppages on its own.

Say Young Nick wants to mod a draft... he first sees if theres enough nonDKC interest to do it whenever he wants. Then, if not, he goes to DKC commissioners and sees if there is anyway they can accommodate his draft - all star break, not much going on, etc. DKC isn't a huge day-to-day commitment unless you are reading every post. Then DKC can handle that.

I like the idea of DKC accommodating other drafts but I feel like it's not fair to other nonDKC drafters to have to wait a year for a specific type of draft if there's interest.

Just my thoughts
AB_Celtic's Pick 2 - Memphis Grizzlies
Proud GM of DKC Spurs. Rotation found here.

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 05:27:44 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Disappointed, but understand...With that being said, here is my team  ;D

PG - Chris Paul '08-'09 <----Pick #4
SG - Joe Dumars '89-'90 <--Pick #5
SF - Larry Bird '83-'84 <-----Pick #1
PF - Tim Duncan '02-'03 <---Pick #2
C - Bill Walton '76-'77 <-----Pick #3
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Here's mine:

PG - Magic
SG - Michael
SF - LeBron
PF - KG
C - Russell

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Shame.  Had this been when it normally was around Memorial Day I could have done it, but with a trial in 10 days, I can't allot the time required.  Sucks, as I really enjoy doing this.

Same here.  I know, for me, that'd be a much better time to have it.  Lot less going on that time of year.

In the next few weeks, I'd like to hammer home a annual draft schedule that accommodates the CB Draft, Historical Draft, Pick 2 Draft, and the DKC.  My expectation would be that the DKC would be shuttered completely during the times of the other drafts.

I'd be interested in hearing everybody's proposals.  A lot of this will be done behind closed doors, but non-mods, please weigh in either here or via PM in terms of what you think would be good timing for the various drafts.

I'm thinking roughly:

Late January - February:  Pick 2 draft (scheduled not to conflict with DKC trading deadline)

April or May:  Historic draft (to be coordinated as not to conflict with DKC playoffs; this may require shortening of DKC playoffs, if necessary)

If somebody wanted to organize a "silly" draft (Redz' Ultimate Draft; the Pub Draft; wrestling / football / other sports draft), it could be done in October).

Again, though, any plan is going to have to involve 100% radio silence from the DKC during those times.

Where does the Ultimate Draft and Bar Draft fit in?   ;)
Yup

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I'm thinking roughly:

Just let me know in advance of the Ultimate Draft.  I do love that one. 

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 07:41:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I'm thinking roughly:

I was robbed for toughest team. I. WAS. ROBBED.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I'm thinking roughly:

Perhaps the stupidest controversy in the history CB draft controversies.  It is a fun draft, but I think it's probably best left in "the good ol' days".
Yup

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175

Here's mine:

PG - Magic
SG - Michael
SF - LeBron
PF - KG
C - Russell

I don't think you could draft those 5 players unless you were in a one team league  ;)
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm thinking roughly:

I didn't forget about you, Redz.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I'm thinking roughly:

I didn't forget about you, Redz.

i'm too lazy read previous posts these days apparently!
Yup

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I know in the past we have done this around Memorial Day.  Any interest in trying again?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I know in the past we have done this around Memorial Day.  Any interest in trying again?

You know I'm down. Count me in.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace