Author Topic: Mannix: Marcus Smart called the “next great perimeter defender"  (Read 22562 times)

Re: Mannix: Marcus Smart called the “next great perimeter defender"
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2014, 12:41:18 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If Smart is the real deal, and if we could trade Rondo for Hibbert, who else would you realistically want to add to a core of Smart, Bradley, Sullinger, and Hibbert? The defense would be outstanding.

if Smart was the real deal and we do trade Rondo for Hibbert, I want a wing that can score, maybe even a go-to-scorer. I cannot think of a wing at the moment that is feasible for us to grab and can also be our go-to-scorer for the future.

Paul George is off limits, let alone anyone in his tier. Not a fan of Rudy Gay. Kahwi Leonard is most likely off limits as well....

Yeah, and Jeff Green is still , well, Jeff Green

James Young will be that player....I mean, we gotta get lucky with one of these Picks out of the lottery for once---no--?

so he's our Kahwi Leonard?

he could be...I mean Kahwi Leonard was a nobody once.

I would be so thrilled if that happens. But James needs to put on about 10 lb of muscle. He looks a tad bit skinny compare to Kahwi, let alone compared to people like LeBron, Melo, and co.

But then again, Paul George himself is pretty skinny himself

Cant find the link but I remember reading an interview this summer where James said he is working on gaining wait and wants to play at 230lbs.

James Young was the 2nd youngest in this draft, so over the next year or so he should be able to put on some good muscle. I think the biggest thing in James' development will be being around Avery Bradley. We all have dif opinions about AB contract but I think we all can agree his defense and professionalism is a1....and James Young will be going against AB every day, also Marcus Thornton, and Evan Turner(depending on trades). So James should do a TON of growing over the next year.

Also James Young is more of a shooting guard IMO and in his. I know Danny said he wants him at 3 (and he can def play 3 and has the length for it) but I think James at the 2 can end up defending better than at the 3. Just my 2 cents.

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2014, 02:57:14 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Pressey should not see any minutes unless there is an injury. We have too many SG's to have Smart getting major minutes there. Bradley and Thorton should get a majority of the minutes at SG, however I hope they play Evans and Young at SG as well.

Rondo     Smart              Pressey
Bradley   Thorton/Turner   Young
Green     Wallace/Turner   Wallace/Turner
Bass       KO                    Vitor
Zeller      Sullinger           Anthony

Thorton and Evans should give the second unit a lot more fire power and bring the lineups closer to parity.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:06:38 AM by gar »

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I know people worry about a guard being better at defense than offense at this point, but think about this. Someone who can take out your best player, priceless. No one can completely shut a person down, but if you can limit that person to way under their normal offensive out-put, and tire them out in the process, that's championship type basketball.

This team will be a contender in the next couple of years if they are aggressive.

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2014, 01:40:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWLZVrAwD4

Excited to see what Smart can do for the Celts.  Saw almost all of the SL games. He can do so many things on the court.  Looks like he has improved his shooting from college to SL.