Author Topic: Cavs Attempting To Deal for Timofey Mozgov  (Read 11824 times)

Cavs Attempting To Deal for Timofey Mozgov
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:55:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Re: Cavs Attempting To Deal for Timofey Mozgov
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
But Sports.ru's Alexander Chernykh has reported that it will not happen.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
The Cavs still have a ton of assets even after the Love deal. Cant really see Denver wanting to part ways with him after the Kosta Koufus trade though.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I give Griffin a ton of credit, he's been very aggressive this summer and never put it in cruise control even after James.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
The Cavs still have a ton of assets even after the Love deal. Cant really see Denver wanting to part ways with him after the Kosta Koufus trade though.
i am just curious and do not know much about the cavs. what assets do they have exactly, aside from lebron and love of course. ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Do they? They have Memphis's protected pick and some of their own. But given they traded one of their own to us already they are now pretty limited in draft picks they can send.

Beyond that they have Waiters/Thompson and that's it.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
i am just curious and do not know much about the cavs. what assets do they have exactly, aside from lebron and love of course. ;)

Besides Irving?

Future draft picks are always in demand, but they also have Waiters and Thompson. Not saying those 2 would be traded for Mozgov, but just talking about assets that could be traded down the line.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 01:59:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Varejao is often hurt and they need a backup most definitely with more durability than Z.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Besides Irving?

Future draft picks are always in demand, but they also have Waiters and Thompson. Not saying those 2 would be traded for Mozgov, but just talking about assets that could be traded down the line.
Any pick of their own they'd trade would likely be 3 years away at the earliest. Picks like that aren't often in a ton of demand.

Memphis pick would be the most valuable pick by far. But even that is protected 1-5 and 15-30 for another two years. If you think Memphis is still a playoff team going forward that pick isn't coming over for 3 years too.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 02:04:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Do they? They have Memphis's protected pick and some of their own. But given they traded one of their own to us already they are now pretty limited in draft picks they can send.

Yeah I think the Celtics have a better chance at getting Mozgov than the Cavs.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 03:00:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

Yeah I think the Celtics have a better chance at getting Mozgov than the Cavs.

HA---LeFraud gets whatever he wants----Denver and the League will bend over backwards to Help him in anyway they can----if Danny calls and asks---the phone is Hung Up immediately....and we have WAAAAAAAAY more to offer.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
What, exactly, would we want to put on the table in a trade for Mozgov?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
What, exactly, would we want to put on the table in a trade for Mozgov?

I'd probably be willing to trade Sully for him. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Thompson is a nice young player... probably a better asset than anyone Boston has on their roster aside from Rondo and Smart.  And they don't need him now that they have Kevin Love... so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs make another impact trade before the start of the season. 

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Thompson is a nice young player... probably a better asset than anyone Boston has on their roster aside from Rondo and Smart.  And they don't need him now that they have Kevin Love... so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs make another impact trade before the start of the season.

Tristan Thompson is a nice, young player, but I don't see any reason to believe that he's a better asset than either Sully or Olynyk. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson