Author Topic: Chad Ford mock has Celtics 4th worst...So who do we draft in 2015 w/ top 5 pick?  (Read 18054 times)

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Likely we lose draft spots to at least two lottery winning teams because that is Cs luck. So mock prospects 3-9 not 1-5.

Yup.  The thread's pretty funny considering we had the 4th worst record last year and didn't draft in the top 5.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Of the players that you mentioned I'd be all for Kelly Oubre. Legit scorer who can change speeds, hit set shots and throw down when the time call's for it.

However I think I'd look at two players that you didn't mention first. Cliff Alexander is a physical specimen who hate's the rim and offers a skill set like no one on this roster. More of a PF than a C right now but is too massive to pass up IMO.

Myles Turner might be a trade back candidate. Legit center size, great shot blocking instincts, currently projected around 14 but I could easily see that rising over other's like Caulie Stein and Kristpas Porzingis.

Neither of these players are necessarily "Stevens guys" but they offer he size and athleticism that this roster needs.

Agree on both Miles and Alexander.  This draft is looking very good so far.

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm glad Chad Ford thinks so highly of the 2014-15 Boston Celtics.

Personally, I think we'll do better than bottom 4 in the NBA. That said, these prospects are intriguing.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1797
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm glad Chad Ford thinks so highly of the 2014-15 Boston Celtics.

Personally, I think we'll do better than bottom 4 in the NBA. That said, these prospects are intriguing.

Yeah, I think we will be much better than 4th worst and will end up looking at WCS or Porzingis (right now I certainly prefer the former, but Krystaps may really raise his stock this year).

Also, if we are this terrible, look for Rondo to be moved for another really high pick from this year or next...here's hoping he leads us to the playoffs an our next generation is already here.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Okafor or Towns would likely make building through the draft fairly palatable. Smart and one of them would be a great start. Add what we already have and the unknowns of other picks we own (plus Young, who I have no idea about yet) and yeah, a little time consuming but solid for sure.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is it already time for speculation on next years draft and the millions upon millions of Draftexpress and Youtube vids of 18 year old kids playing basketball against vastly inferior competition making them appear better than they actually are?

Can't we wait even another month or so longer before the barrage of information hyping this next draft begins? I am still burnt out from all that stuff and the tanking talk from last year.

That said......I want Karl Towns

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Is it already time for speculation on next years draft and the millions upon millions of Draftexpress and Youtube vids of 18 year old kids playing basketball against vastly inferior competition making them appear better than they actually are?

Can't we wait even another month or so longer before the barrage of information hyping this next draft begins? I am still burnt out from all that stuff and the tanking talk from last year.

LOL.

I agree though.  Watching any big player with some skill play high school ball is particularly useless.  Yes they are dominating, makes sense.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Listen, Karl Towns is the best. His skill set for a 7footer is special. But he does need to get in better shape, as does everyone else. I think this year he is going to learn a lot from Kentucky. The team consists of the best big men in the country and Karl will be battling them everyday. Also Kentucky's big's each have dif skill sets so Towns will see it all.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

All this year's rookies are old and busted - we thought there were half a dozen HOF caliber talents, but that was obviously silly.

Besides, who can focus on yesterday's news when there's this amazing NEW batch of prospects?  Have you SEEN those YouTube highlights?  Why, there could be half a dozen HOF caliber  talents in there!

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Listen, Karl Towns is the best. His skill set for a 7footer is special. But he does need to get in better shape, as does everyone else. I think this year he is going to learn a lot from Kentucky. The team consists of the best big men in the country and Karl will be battling them everyday. Also Kentucky's big's each have dif skill sets so Towns will see it all.

Plus, if he's playing for Kentucky, he's almost certainly going to declare after his freshman season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I loves me some Stanley Johnson.  Pretty sure that if Okafor and Towns are available when we pick, Danny will take one of them, and I do realize that centers are way harder to come by than wing guys, but, just saying, Johnson looks like a star, and I want him on our team.

Of Okafor and Towns, just based upon limited youtube viewings, Towns looks to have the better upside.  Both look good.

I don't think it's outlandish at all to think we could end up with the fourth worst record.  We may end up being a late lottery team, but in truth, there's only one team that I'd definitively say is worse than us; Philly.  Maybe Milwaukee too.

It's really impossible to say, though, without knowing what Danny will do with Rondo, Bass, and Green, if anything at all.  They all stay and we could be in the 8 to 12 range, but somehow, I don't think they do.

Anyway, Johnson, Towns, or Okafor will be a-okay for me.

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Trade rondo for a center prospect either henson or deing and get stanley johnson.

giving us a young line up of

smart
bradley
johnson
sully/olynyk
deing or henson
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I also like Okafor and towns at the top. My dark horse is Hillis-Jefferson I expect a big jump in production
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Plus, if he's playing for Kentucky, he's almost certainly going to declare after his freshman season.
He does have that effect on people...lol
Towns body type kind of reminds me of Patrick Ewing's.
Ya lets hope he comes out this draft. Lets hope the C's draft him.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We need a rim protector big, get the best big we can.