Author Topic: First nine games????  (Read 13813 times)

First nine games????
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
WOW!!!  Should be able to separate the men from the boys right there.  here's hoping for a quick start this year!!!
Looks like someone trying to put us in a hole right off the jump

Re: First nine games????
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
WOW!!!  Should be able to separate the men from the boys right there.  here's hoping for a quick start this year!!!
Looks like someone trying to put us in a hole right off the jump

The tank is strong with this one LOL.

(Sarcasm.)

I personally don't see us doing too well, but who knows? We might see some surprises. I actually think Smart is gonna get at least 21-24 MPG in the first 7 games. We'll definitely see a lot of experimentation going on, and see what lineup works best vs. certain match ups.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
We'll go 9-0 ;)

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
acid test for Brad Stevens. I predict he'll go bald after three years hehehe. Anyways, I say 7-2 (optimist that I am)
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Like I said in the other thread, you guys aren't factoring in some things in our favor... we will come ready to play right off the bat b/c of how many guys we have trying to prove something, other teams will take us lightly, we can catch teams sleeping b/c most teams aren't ready to play their best from go, and we will be fresh. I say we make it out at least .500. Oops can't come out .500... well at worst we come out 1 game under lol.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 04:14:08 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
My gut says we are gonna trade Rondo . I think the closer to the season it gets we are gonna see teams coming out of the woodwork. So it depends what we get for him.

I say we go 2-7.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 05:45:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's quite feasible that we go 1-14 for our first 15 games.

Depends how in shape we are, and out of shape some of those older veteran teams are.
We'll likely get hot for 2 or 3 games out of those first 15 and pull out 3 or 4 wins.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 06:58:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970

LoL......that's sorta what I expect .......for the Celtics to start off an amazing tanking year. :-X

They will be upbeat and play hard .  I just don't think they can will themselves past teams with superior talent on a nightly basis.

I predict Celtics will be a hard out ,  but will rarely win.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm cautiously optimistic on this team. If they end up even being .500 during the early part of their schedule I think they can make the playoffs, then again they easily could be near the bottom of the league by that point.

It is possible that we catch some teams before they have fully come together and surprise people early in the year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 09:43:16 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the schedule means nothing to me. if we were a contending/top team then some games would stick out as far as where and when we play the other top teams. like if we were playing Christmas and who, I might care. but we're 500 team who cares who and when we play.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

LoL......that's sorta what I expect .......for the Celtics to start off an amazing tanking year. :-X

They will be upbeat and play hard .  I just don't think they can will themselves past teams with superior talent on a nightly basis.

I'm not sure what to think.  A decent argument can be made that last year's team slightly underperformed.  Given that and given that Smart and Turner are going to be big upgrades over Pressey and Wallace, we should see better play out of Sully, KO and Rondo and that Zeller and Anthony are clearly better than our 2nd and 3rd options at center last season, you'd think this team could make some kind of step forward.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
It's a good way to measure where we really stand.  It's good to know that right off the bat.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29

I don't understand why you people want to tank..

First, we all know the Celtics have horrible luck with the lottery. If we tank, we'll most likely end up with a pick in the range of the 6 that we got this year. That would be epic fail.

Second, tanking means that NONE of our young guys are panning out, at all! If we end up with just as bad a record this year as last, that tells me that NONE of our projects, NONE of our new players, nobody at all has improved, and we are royally Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed long-term.

That's not the kind of future i want for this team.. I want to see progress and growth and improvement. Why don't you?

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 10:53:59 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I think that this tough early schedule will quickly end the Rondo debate. He will now have a hefty incentive to play his full-out every night early on (proving relevance in addition to contract negotiation leverage) and hopefully will. So this will show: 1) Whether he "still has it" (I personally think this is baloney, but lots of people say that Rondo is "past his prime") and  2) If he still has it, whether or not he can carry a team on a nightly basis.

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Depends how in shape we are, and out of shape some of those older veteran teams are.
We'll likely get hot for 2 or 3 games out of those first 15 and pull out 3 or 4 wins.

I don't understand why people feel the need to be really unrealistic to make a point. The 1996-97 team, the worst in celtics history, won 4 out of their first 15 games. Why do we think it is feasible we will set the franchise record for futility and be significantly worse than a team led by ML Carr and Antoine Walker?