Author Topic: Cleveland looking for nonguaranteed contracts; Chance to trade Bogans?  (Read 13224 times)

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA  2m
Cleveland's searching league for non-guaranteed contracts that potentially could be included in a bigger deal later, sources tell Yahoo.

Could this be a chance to get something back (like a pick, maybe a trade exception [or player if they don't have cap room]) for Bogans' contract?

Also:  It sounds like they're prepping for a KLove trade that must be nearly done... ugh
I'm bitter.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm fairly certain Bogans is the largest unguaranteed contract out there.

That said, I think they'd prefer minimum salary contracts since they don't have the cap room/exceptions for someone like Bogans.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We basically gave the Cavs Lebron. I'd hate to see us give them Love as well.

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Cleveland's searching league for non-guaranteed contracts that potentially could be included in a bigger deal later, sources tell Yahoo.

Could this be a chance to get something back (like a pick, maybe a trade exception [or player if they don't have cap room]) for Bogans' contract?

Also:  It sounds like they're prepping for a KLove trade that must be nearly done... ugh

Bogans, Babb and a pick for Bennett :)
Celtics fan for life.

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

I don't see us being in the picture for Love's destination.. might as well get something out of that...
maybe a TPE or picks?
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think the Celtics would have included him before instead of taking back Thortons contract in the first trade..

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Agreed.

Until Love is traded somewhere else, I hold out hope that we could trade for him or sign him next year as an FA. Under no circumstances am I facilitating a deal for him to go to Cleveland.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12

Bogans, Babb and a pick for Bennett :)

having more SF's means green and wallace are gone
turner bennet johnson stays

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Essentially it's like this: Cleveland can trade Wiggins straight up to Minny for Love.  Both sides would do that. However, the salaries don't work.  If they added Bennett or Thompson it would work, but Cleveland doesn't want to give up Wiggins and one of those other guys.  So Cleveland needs to acquire about $5 million in unguaranteed contracts to fill in the salary requirements for a trade.  Because you can always trade for minimum salary players, Cleveland will be looking for a lot of those.  So Babb and Johnson make sense, but Bogans doesn't.  They're probably willing to send of a second round pick or two to acquire the salaries they need.

The deal for Love would then be completed 60 days after they acquired their minimum salaries.  It's also low-risk for Cleveland, because they don't lose much if the Love deal doesn't end up happening (as opposed to giving up Waiters to get Bogans, for example).

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
I think the Celtics would have included him before instead of taking back Thortons contract in the first trade..

Not exactly, they would have needed to waive his contract in order to clear space for Lebron, so there was no need because the space was being cleared anyway
I'm bitter.

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Essentially it's like this: Cleveland can trade Wiggins straight up to Minny for Love.  Both sides would do that. However, the salaries don't work.  If they added Bennett or Thompson it would work, but Cleveland doesn't want to give up Wiggins and one of those other guys.  So Cleveland needs to acquire about $5 million in unguaranteed contracts to fill in the salary requirements for a trade.  Because you can always trade for minimum salary players, Cleveland will be looking for a lot of those.  So Babb and Johnson make sense, but Bogans doesn't.  They're probably willing to send of a second round pick or two to acquire the salaries they need.

The deal for Love would then be completed 60 days after they acquired their minimum salaries.  It's also low-risk for Cleveland, because they don't lose much if the Love deal doesn't end up happening (as opposed to giving up Waiters to get Bogans, for example).

I'd have to wonder what they would think if we included someone like Young in the deal to make up for them giving up Waiters (and stop us from going over 15 guaranteed contracts)

Something like Bogans/Young/(Maybe a late round pick?  Give them their pick back?) for Waiters?
I'm bitter.

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Gery Woelfel ?@GeryWoelfel:
"Told TWolves ready to pull trigger on sending Love to Cleve, but Cavs balking on future No. 1 picks. Seriously?"
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
"Told TWolves ready to pull trigger on sending Love to Cleve, but Cavs balking on future No. 1 picks. Seriously?"

QUICK OFFER 5 OF OUR PICKS!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I'd have to wonder what they would think if we included someone like Young in the deal to make up for them giving up Waiters (and stop us from going over 15 guaranteed contracts)

Something like Bogans/Young/(Maybe a late round pick?  Give them their pick back?) for Waiters?

That's sub-optimal for Cleveland.  Young can't be traded until the middle of August.  Then if they got Bogans, he couldn't be traded for another 60 days after that, which would make a Love trade occur in October.  Have to imagine they'd like to get this resolved before training camp.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

First off who's Gery? And both of these teams are being petty. You have Boston, who I'm sure are willing to take on Minny's bad contracts and are willing to give them a bundle of picks but Minny skipped them and is trying to fleece the Cavs who are acting stupid.  >:(