Author Topic: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner  (Read 34870 times)

Re: Report: Celtics Signing Evan Turner
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
this is likely going to result in one or two more moves.  No way this lineup can stay like this. Just way too congested at the SF/SG/PG positions

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This is as an appropriate time as ever to post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnJclBcI7EI

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
this is likely going to result in one or two more moves.  No way this lineup can stay like this. Just way too congested at the SF/SG/PG positions
The "too many players" hammer has been hit too many times.

Don't we have at least 3 bums that can be instantly waived?

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
This team has a lot of pieces.  Gotta hand it to Ainge on his ability to bring in assets... now we just have to wait and see when a significant player becomes available on the trade market.

Turner is a SF, right?

Are people already envisioning a Greg Monroe sign-and-trade utilizing Jeff Green?   I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, though... Monroe isnt' really a center, is he?

Monroe can play center; in fact, he played center until Drummond came on aboard. And given that we don't give out an exorbitant contract, I'd more than welcome a s&t to Detroit for Monroe; they have a big void at the 3 they could fill with Green, moving Smith to his more natural 4 position.

Given SVG's comments today about Smith not being moved, I feel like Detroit is preparing for losing Monroe this offseason. We'll see.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This team has a lot of pieces.  Gotta hand it to Ainge on his ability to bring in assets... now we just have to wait and see when a significant player becomes available on the trade market.

Turner is a SF, right?

Are people already envisioning a Greg Monroe sign-and-trade utilizing Jeff Green?   I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, though... Monroe isnt' really a center, is he?

No, he's not.

Is he that much smaller then Noah or big al?

Both of them were nba all team centers.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Monroe is a center who is not very good defensively.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
This signing was kind of unexpected. Just waiting for the other shoe to finally drop on a larger deal Ainge has lined up.

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 451
We'll see at least 30 of these nights as opposed to Jeff Green's five:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzXb2joooY

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This signing was kind of unexpected. Just waiting for the other shoe to finally drop on a larger deal Ainge has lined up.
There's no larger deal. Didn't you read Wyc's comments from yesterday evening?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If this is for below the MLE, I don't see much downside.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:13 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Wasn't there reports that the Celtics had a taker for Jeff Green before the draft?  Maybe this is his replacement as they have given up on Love. 

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Thats true. But will danny do it??  Everyone keeps talking about needing to keep Wallace in case we find a trading partner/salary match etc.  While in the background he starts to whine and complain about the lack of playing time

Anthony, Faverani, Wallace, Bogans and Bass could be all gone imo. I like some of these guys but the team has to move fwd and give the younger guys extensive mins on the court

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Turner is a SF, right?

No, he's not.

Is he that much smaller then Noah or big al?

Both of them were nba all team centers.

He's more a center than Big Al, less than Noah. Idk if that helps. He shoots less than 50% and blocks less than a shot per game.

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Thats true. But will danny do it??  Everyone keeps talking about needing to keep Wallace in case we find a trading partner/salary match etc.  While in the background he starts to whine and complain about the lack of playing time

Anthony, Faverani, Wallace, Bogans and Bass could be all gone imo. I like some of these guys but the team has to move fwd and give the younger guys extensive mins on the court
Babb, Johnson, Pressey and Bogans are all bums that will be cut, right?

Are we up to 18 players?  I guess we can hang onto Pressey.

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Monroe is a center who is not very good defensively.

I don't get the hate on Monroe.  He just turned 24.  To say he's not very good at something is a little overblown.  Does he not block shots ?  Not really.  Blocking shots doesn't mean you're not very good defensively.  The game is far more than blocking shots at the Center position.  Sure, having an intimidator in there would be nice, but again, doesn't mean he's weak defensively.

For me, he's a rising star and still developing his game.  He thrives around the rim and provides solid rebounding from the Center position.