Author Topic: PJ Hairston in gym altercation  (Read 3731 times)

Re: PJ Hairston in gym altercation
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
glad we didn't draft him at 17.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
My favorite part of the article is that high schoolers at the local YMCA were beating him, a 1st round pick, in a pickup game of basketball.

You think he can take on 5 high schoolers? I'm pretty sure he was the only NBA player on his team. Lol...
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 02:05:31 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
He just got charged with assault and battery

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
well, i was sticking up for this guy and his second chance...

Too bad.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 03:26:46 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Sounds like he was getting his ass handed to him by a bunch of high schoolers, so he decided to start throwing punches.  If that ain't acting like a "thug," I don't know what the hell is.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Sounds like he was getting his ass handed to him by a bunch of high schoolers, so he decided to start throwing punches.  If that ain't acting like a "thug," I don't know what the hell is.

Then you dont know what the hell (a thug) is.

as much as Richard Sherman annoys the hell out of me, the more I see it and think about it, he's kinda right.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:17:01 PM by greg683x »
Greg

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 04:12:13 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Doesn't surprise me one bit
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 04:17:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Then you dont know what is.

as much as Richard Sherman annoys the hell out of me, the more I see it and think about it, he's kinda right.

Yup.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen

What's Richard Sherman got to do with anything in this case?  Got nothin' to do with race.  Resorting to violence when you get frustrated is acting like a thug. 

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 04:31:37 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

What's Richard Sherman got to do with anything in this case?  Got nothin' to do with race.  Resorting to violence when you get frustrated is acting like a thug.

So you have nothing wrong with this: Jared Sullinger is a thug.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
lol yeah maybe if he pistol whipped him out of frustration.

getting into a fight out of frustration, especially during sports does not make you thug.  Would you call Larry Bird a thug?  because he fits your definition, especially since this has nothing to do with race.

Greg

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Michael Jordan and Steve Kerr are both thugs.

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen

So you have nothing wrong with this: Jared Sullinger is a thug.

I'll give you a better example, because I don't recall the evidence against Sully being all that strong (not that I would mind him playing elsewhere).

Jason Kidd was a thug.

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
doc rivers and danny ainge are both thugs, they had a turf war at the garden once I think
Greg

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
And we can argue semantics all day.

I'm not willing to stop using the word "thug" to describe thuggish behavior, just because some people want to use it as shorthand for "black."