Author Topic: Jodie Meeks agrees to 3-year, near $20 million deal with Detroit Pistons  (Read 4012 times)

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Side effect of roughly a kajillion teams having lots of cap space -- Detroit can afford this without really damaging their flexibility.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Detroit was one of the teams that I was worried would overpay Bradley, so perhaps this deal makes it more likely that AB returns to Boston.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Detroit was one of the teams that I was worried would overpay Bradley, so perhaps this deal makes it more likely that AB returns to Boston.

On the other hand, if a team is dumb enough to give that money to Meeks, how much will somebody be willing to give AB?  I'm not sure anyone in the league believes Meeks is better than Bradley.

Mike

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

On the other hand, if a team is dumb enough to give that money to Meeks, how much will somebody be willing to give AB?  I'm not sure anyone in the league believes Meeks is better than Bradley.

Mike

Yeah, with Meeks getting over 6 per year, i am a little worried about how much Bradley will get.

Still, Bradley is restricted, so a team would have to overpay in order for Boston not to match.

Overpay would be 8 per year or up.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Do people think Ainge would hesitate at all to match Meeks money?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I like Meeks. He's still improving and has always had a shooters mentality. In the right setting, I could see him blowing up. But yes, too much $$ for what he's done thus far.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
So Bradley is going to get.....

About the same.

agree, 3 years at 7mm per. has anyone other than boston and philly called him?

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
If we trade rondo, more $$ available to keep Avery. Hard to imagine losing both of 'em this summer, unless we're trying to pull a philly.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If we trade rondo, more $$ available to keep Avery. Hard to imagine losing both of 'em this summer, unless we're trying to pull a philly.

Trading Rondo allows the Celtics to give Bradley an additional $0 over what they are already allowed to give him.

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
That's a lot of money to give to a role player.
16 PPG last year. 40% on 3s.

infamous D'Antoni inflation

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Hahahaha .... oh my god, hahaha! That is hilarious.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Jeremy Lin, Jodie Meeks, etc. all own D'Antoni a part of their pay...
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Fire Stan Van Gundy. Fire him now. Just get rid of him.

This is incredible. $7 million for a mediocre backup SG? Unbelievably bad decision.

SVG is clearly out of his depth as GM. Not all coaches are cut out for front office. Just fire him now before he makes an even bigger mess to clean up. Get him out of there.

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

This is incredible. $7 million for a mediocre backup SG? Unbelievably bad decision.

SVG is clearly out of his depth as GM. Not all coaches are cut out for front office. Just fire him now before he makes an even bigger mess to clean up. Get him out of there.

Yes.

Right after he trades us Andre Drummond for Jeff Green he should be fired.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He's trying to put his Dumars-like stamp on the team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes