Author Topic: 13-14 All-NBA teams  (Read 3760 times)

Re: 13-14 All-NBA teams
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Congrats to Big Al!  Very nice to see him on an All-NBA team.

Also congrats to Paul George, who got a $7 million bonus on his contract due to the "Derrick Rose Rule".
Yup happy for Big Al, I don' think he deserves it by a long shot but its nice to see a good season rewarded.

Surprised to see Big Al and surprised to see Dragic on that list.

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Also congrats to Paul George, who got a $7 million bonus on his contract due to the "Derrick Rose Rule".
Yup happy for Big Al, I don' think he deserves it by a long shot but its nice to see a good season rewarded.

Just curious, but why do you think Big Al doesn't deserve his spot?

He really put Charlotte on his back this season, and was quite dominant.

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Happy for guys like Big Al and Dragic, players who fly under the radar, get some recognition. Well deserved after great seasons.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Ehhhh, don't really like Harden as a first team All-NBA.  He didn't really play any better than last year when he was 3rd team, despite gaining a 2nd teamer who took away a lot of the attention.

I would have rather seen Parker or Griffin.  It's also hard to argue that Carmelo had a worse season than Dragic, Lilliard, or Big Al.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

Wow, must be nice waking up to $7 million being deposited into your bank account.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Ehhhh, don't really like Harden as a first team All-NBA.  He didn't really play any better than last year when he was 3rd team, despite gaining a 2nd teamer who took away a lot of the attention.

I would have rather seen Parker or Griffin.  It's also hard to argue that Carmelo had a worse season than Dragic, Lilliard, or Big Al.

Griffin can't replace Harden, because he is a forward. Same goes for Melo. Dragic and Lillard are guards, Big Al is a center. Seems about right. Lebron, Durant, Love, Griffin, Aldrige, and arguably George all had better seasons than Melo. No room for him on the All-NBA teams.

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Wow, this is really cool.  This is from last July: http://www.slamonline.com/nba/damian-lillards-goals-include-all-star-playoffs-and-all-nba-team/

Because Lillard expects to improve in so many areas and is now completely adjusted to the NBA game, he's anticipating a big 2013-14 season and setting some lofty goals for himself. "First of all, I want to make the playoffs," Lillard said. "This team probably doesn't have the make-up of a championship team, but you still want to compete for one. We want to make the playoffs. I want to try and make the All-Star team. I want to be an All-NBA player. There's a lot of stuff I want to do."

Accomplished each and every single one of those things.