Author Topic: The 2014 Playoffs thread  (Read 209603 times)

Re: The 2014 Playoffs thread
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Vince Carter came up clutch.  You don't hear that every day.

If only he'd started doing that at 27 instead of 37, his legacy might've been totally different.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Stephen Curry is just...I mean...there is something wrong with this cat. I mean he just missed a 3 so apparently there is still some human element left in his game. But I've never seen anything like this kid. dribble around a pick and pull up from 3 fading left with Blake Griffin putting a hand up in your face.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO EVEN TAKE THAT SHOT!

Yeah, I totally get why people hate on Curry's game, but he's magic. Definitely the best off-the-dribble jump shooter in the league today.

He truly is. There are elite shooters, and then there's this guy who they have to make another word for. And my comment before wasn't even as angry as it sounded. I just mean, no other human being would even think of taking that shot but it is now well past the point where regardless of how crazy the shot seems I still expect it to go in. There is literally no way to defend this guy when his shot is like that.

On a side note, I know there's a big thread about Westbrook going on but in my mind, this is that guy for me. This is that PG I would drive Rondo to the airport for.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2014, 04:56:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Curry is amazing. That draft class is pretty good looking back at it. Curry, Harden, Griffin, Derozan, Holiday, Teague, Rubio, Tyreke Evans, Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Taj Gibson, etc. Still think Blake goes 1st overall, but man, deep class.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2014, 05:51:24 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I guess Jamal Crawford's not the activist type.  All the rest of the Clippers have gone on strike. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Paul Pierce killing the Raps.. Again.

« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
Looks like Toronto is going to reclaim home court advantage.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
McHale withstanding...

I hate the Rockets .

Go  Trailblazers

« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Yeah Pierce is a god but they waaaay overpaid us for him and KG.

« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Goodness graciousness. Kidd has to be one of the dumbest coaches of all time. It's only been 84 games (minus his early suspension) but it's safe to put him in that category already.  After a full season of managing minutes to an almost ridiculous level, what does he do in the playoffs?  The same thing!  The exact same thing!  I got to hand it to him.  He's a trailblazer.  While dumbos like Popovich and Phil Jackson go full bore in the playoffs, he doles out minutes like it's the regular season.

I was actually excited to see KG get away from Doc for the simple reason that most coaches don't like to sub out core starters after 4 minutes of playing time.  Then Kidd AND Lawrence Frank had to be hired, the former who got to see Dirk's sub patterns firsthand (which still are nothing like what KG's gone through) and the latter who witnessed how Doc treated KG.

KG was coming off a great season averaging around 29 minutes and then a great postseason averaging 36 minutes.  So what does Kidd do?  Play him 20 minutes and almost never longer than 5 minutes at a time. 

I'm inclined to believe that KG's back spasms had something to do with his rest pattern as well, more than his age.  How is warming up, running, jumping and crouching for around 5 minutes of actual time and then sitting for 30 before running, jumping and crouching for 5 minutes good for the body of a 37 year old?  KG has played most of his minutes ice cold off the bench.

« Reply #264 on: April 27, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
Goodness graciousness. Kidd has to be one of the dumbest coaches of all time. It's only been 84 games (minus his early suspension) but it's safe to put him in that category already.  After a full season of managing minutes to an almost ridiculous level, what does he do in the playoffs?  The same thing!  The exact same thing!  I got to hand it to him.  He's a trailblazer.  While dumbos like Popovich and Phil Jackson go full bore in the playoffs, he doles out minutes like it's the regular season.

I was actually excited to see KG get away from Doc for the simple reason that most coaches don't like to sub out core starters after 4 minutes of playing time.  Then Kidd AND Lawrence Frank had to be hired, the former who got to see Dirk's sub patterns firsthand (which still are nothing like what KG's gone through) and the latter who witnessed how Doc treated KG.

KG was coming off a great season averaging around 29 minutes and then a great postseason averaging 36 minutes.  So what does Kidd do?  Play him 20 minutes and almost never longer than 5 minutes at a time. 

I'm inclined to believe that KG's back spasms had something to do with his rest pattern as well, more than his age.  How is warming up, running, jumping and crouching for around 5 minutes of actual time and then sitting for 30 before running, jumping and crouching for 5 minutes good for the body of a 37 year old?  KG has played most of his minutes ice cold off the bench.

Kidd is a joke of a coach. Guy should be fired as soon as they lose the postseason lol. If I was the coach, I'd run Pierce and Garnett to the ground IN THE PLAYOFFS, along with their three other all-star players in that lineup.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #265 on: April 27, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
I really hate those "dribble into a three in transition" shots that James Harden is taking. Frustration shots. Gotta calm down.

« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Kidd is a joke of a coach. Guy should be fired as soon as they lose the postseason lol. If I was the coach, I'd run Pierce and Garnett to the ground IN THE PLAYOFFS, along with their three other all-star players in that lineup.

If their series goes to a game 7 and it's tight late in the 4th quarter and Kidd takes out KG to give him 1 1/2 of rest even though he'd only play 20 minutes up to that point, I'm guaranteed to lose my mind.  If he doesn't do it, I'm also guaranteed to lose by mind because reality would be too distorted to believe.  I really hope it doesn't come to that point. 

Kidd has me conflicted.  On the one hand, I like to see Pierce and KG go deep into the playoffs.  This may be KG's final season; I don't want to see him finish his career with a 1st round playoff exit.  I also don't want to see KG and PP get criticized for being all talk and overrated for not helping the Nets advance further in the playoffs than they did last season.    On the other hand, a coach as astoundingly stupid as Kidd deserves to flame out in the 1st round.  He deserves to say something stupid in his final press conference like, "At the end of the day, we got guys rest.  The NBA better watch out for us next season."

If a high basketball IQ guy like Kidd can be such a dumb coach, it has me thinking that low basketball IQ guys like Mark Blount could be coaching savants.  Dang, I wished I had a billionaire dollars to buy the Clippers so I could test this theory out.

« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Blazers Rockets might be the series of the playoffs so far.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Houston doing a terrible job initiating their offense. Dribbling 25 feet from the basket until shot clock gets to single digits. Awful offense. Being bailed out by some long contested jump-shots but playing very bad basketball.

« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Time for Houston to go cold and brick a bunch