Author Topic: will Randle be better than Sully?  (Read 15257 times)

Re: will Randle be better than Sully?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sully has proven himself as a solid pro.  Randle is a good college player who, due to his lack of length, projects not to transition well in the NBA. I originally was quite keen on him at the beginning of the season. But the more I watch his game, even in the tournament, the more I am convinced that he will not be much of a pro and the Celtics should stay away from drafting him.
Didn't they say pretty much the same thing about Sullinger?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sully has proven himself as a solid pro.  Randle is a good college player who, due to his lack of length, projects not to transition well in the NBA. I originally was quite keen on him at the beginning of the season. But the more I watch his game, even in the tournament, the more I am convinced that he will not be much of a pro and the Celtics should stay away from drafting him.
Didn't they say pretty much the same thing about Sullinger?
Not after his freshman year but during and after his sophomore year, yes, you saw this and the back injury discussed a lot.

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sully has proven himself as a solid pro.  Randle is a good college player who, due to his lack of length, projects not to transition well in the NBA.  I originally was quite keen on him at the beginning of the season. But the more I watch his game, even in the tournament, the more I am convinced that he will not be much of a pro and the Celtics should stay away from drafting him.

completely disagree with your analysis.   Do you see Thabeet dominating the nba bc of his monster length?  You have to know how to play the game 1st. And Randle is a high calibre basketball player

He is a machine. He won't stop attacking you until you had enough. He will put opposing teams in foul trouble. That already makes it easier to win the game. He has been double/triple teamed for most of the year bc he is so hard to contain 1 on 1.

Randle is a pf but has alot of SF skills in his game.    Randle overall package/skills reminds me of Lebron.  Minus as good perimeter skills but better post skills. Overall not as good of course. But both are ultra agressive, powerful, skilled players that make them a nightmare to deal with

I would be personally happy if Danny drafted Randle.  He would really help us out with scoring in the post/demanding a double team and opening things on the floor. Just overall be a take charge guy on a consistent basis. (the anti Jeff Green)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:52:16 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
One reason why I give Randle the benefit of the doubt and think he will be a very good basketball players is that he is playing with a bunch of Freshman. These young kids are all learning together and that is why they struggled early. Randle can only be judged on how he progressed and to me he is doing well. Getting Randle would be a solid pick for the Celtics.

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
One reason why I give Randle the benefit of the doubt and think he will be a very good basketball players is that he is playing with a bunch of Freshman. These young kids are all learning together and that is why they struggled early. Randle can only be judged on how he progressed and to me he is doing well. Getting Randle would be a solid pick for the Celtics.

yup. And Randle himself is only a freshman too .   His body, skills and what he has accomplished so far is as good as it gets for a freshman. 

He will only get better and stronger. I could see him push to 260 and still have his quickness, athleticism. Will be a load to deal with

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd rather draft Vonleh than Randle.  And I'm not seeing Randle as being that much of an upgrade over Sullinger.  Plus Sully has shown that he can guard the 5 position if need be.  Not sure Randle could step in and bang with the big boys.

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'd rather draft Vonleh than Randle.  And I'm not seeing Randle as being that much of an upgrade over Sullinger.  Plus Sully has shown that he can guard the 5 position if need be.  Not sure Randle could step in and bang with the big boys.

He is 6'9 250-255 pounds

That is alot to deal with. He will be able to hold his own

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He is 6'9 250-255 pounds

That is alot to deal with. He will be able to hold his own

Plus, what happens when thay 5 now has to guard him...? He's going to be a handful.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2990
Say we get a pick in the 4-7 range, and Randle is still on the board. Do the C's draft him?

I pick him if I am Danny, and figure things out later

But do you think Randle will be better than sully?  Who should be traded ?

No .....but Parker will

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »

Online cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 447
Turn Randle into a sf and get rid of Jeff green

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I was unimpressed about Randle tonight.  He's got length and a motor, but there have been a lot of players with those attributes who have done squat in the NBA.  I didn't come away thinking he'd be better than Sullinger and I don't see him as a SF.

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 12:02:10 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Lol you say it like it's so simple. Randle is not a SF and will never be. Better chance turning him into a Center.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 01:37:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Lol you say it like it's so simple. Randle is not a SF and will never be. Better chance turning him into a Center.

will never be?

disagree. Like Antoine Walker he could play sf part time.   It won't be easy for him to defend guys like George out on the perimeter but wouldn't get killed. On the flipside, George won't stand much of a chance trying to defend him near the basket. Not many sf's could, except someone with comparible size like Lebron.