Author Topic: forums new look  (Read 26432 times)

Re: forums new look
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 08:02:19 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Thank you!

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fast running site is good.

It loads faster.

The amount of white is hard on the eyes and overwhelming. The separation of posts needs more definition

Thanks

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 09:52:25 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I don't really care how it looks... It looks fine to me.  I'm cool with it.

But if there's a separate section for fantasy draft stuff... why are still fantasy threads showing up in "Latest Forum Topics" section?

my guess is that this is a simple coding issue that the mods are still working through.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
c. I'd suggest (a) reducing the width of the post <div> to be inside the QUOTE button (say 500 px instead of 590) (b) moving the post up a bit to match the look when you're not logged -- the coding on this is a bit more complicated and (c)  increasing the bottom margin on that post <div> so that there's a little more space for the eye to rest before the "report to moderator" and "logged" links.
Why not just moving the quote button in the post header? Makes more sense to me.

That's one option --- though wouldn't work with a longer thread title.

The other option (both of which are, i agree, easier and better than my initial suggestion) would be to move it down to the Report to Mod / Logged area....
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2014, 10:29:05 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Thanks for making this forum available. It's very hard to focus on the posts without some borders or shading. The old format was much easier to read. There is no depth of field which makes it hard to pick up text and follow. Too much white space... thanks

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2014, 10:44:35 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Looks awesome if you ask me! Everything is pretty much right where I want it still.

Two things, though:

1. Eliminate the log in timer thing. I can't tell you how many long winded posts I totally lost because of it. This isn't a paypal account it's a freakin basket forums. ALWAYS LOGGED IN please! Lol. Yes, I'm that lazy and forgetful sometimes that I don't always click that little button.

2. The Latest Forum Posts should have remained at 10. Heck, I would have even been in favor of it being expanded to 15.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2014, 11:01:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Looks awesome if you ask me! Everything is pretty much right where I want it still.

Two things, though:

1. Eliminate the log in timer thing. I can't tell you how many long winded posts I totally lost because of it. This isn't a paypal account it's a freakin basket forums. ALWAYS LOGGED IN please! Lol. Yes, I'm that lazy and forgetful sometimes that I don't always click that little button.

2. The Latest Forum Posts should have remained at 10. Heck, I would have even been in favor of it being expanded to 15.

I just click the "always stay logged in" when I log on and it never times me out.

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

Two things, though:

I just click the "always stay logged in" when I log on and it never times me out.

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
24 hours later, I've adjusted to the changes and they look a lot better.

Still not thrilled with all the negative space, it could use a little more visual delineation to make reading smoother.  But it looks much cleaner overall.

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Two things, though:

Lol, now I never made that mistake, but I do feel like whenever there's major changes to the blog, I learn more about old features that I never knew existed as opposed to the new features.

Wide screen format buttons gone?
Go Up, Go Down buttons back?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm bumping this to see how people feel a couple of weeks later.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If posters will stop doing the wall of multiquote, I will decidedly prefer the new layout.

If only because it will have stopped the wall of multiquote.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2014, 10:09:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
If posters will stop doing the wall of multiquote, I will decidedly prefer the new layout.

Ha.  It will be a point of emphasis when we see it.

For those who haven't reviewed the rules, we're asking that people quote no more than 4 past posts ("nested" quotes) at a time.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

For those who haven't reviewed the rules, we're asking that people quote no more than 4 past posts ("nested" quotes) at a time.

Is there anyway to have that automatically happen? Like, when you quote a message that has already reached the limit, it will only quote the last 4 and leave off the previous ones. It can get a little confusing trying to delete text when you are doing it within quotes.

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 10:41:09 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Is there anyway to have that automatically happen? Like, when you quote a message that has already reached the limit, it will only quote the last 4 and leave off the previous ones. It can get a little confusing trying to delete text when you are doing it within quotes.

Not with our current software.  I believe the options are either allowing one quote, or all of them.