Author Topic: is there any reason Hump won't be bought out?  (Read 7403 times)

Re: is there any reason Hump won't be bought out?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
i dont think it will happen unless a contender has a season ending injury to a PF/C. if that happens i could see a buyout that saves the team several million. for now there isn't a landing spot with more minutes then we are giving him, and at his age minutes are a major factor as his next contract will probably be 2+ years

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Frankly, between Hump and Bass, I'd rather keep Hump around and move Bass.  SO I hang on to Hump for now, in hopes that I can make room for him in the rotation/salary cap by moving Bass.

I'm imagining a big rotation of KLove, Sully, and Hump, plus, maybe, CIverson coming over.  We would own the boards.

bass is better and more versatile than hump

Hump is more of a big, though.  Bass probably would win the skills challenge hands-down, but Hump has more size and gets more boards, which fills the role better than Bass.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Frankly, between Hump and Bass, I'd rather keep Hump around and move Bass.  SO I hang on to Hump for now, in hopes that I can make room for him in the rotation/salary cap by moving Bass.

I'm imagining a big rotation of KLove, Sully, and Hump, plus, maybe, CIverson coming over.  We would own the boards.

bass is better and more versatile than hump

They are both power forwards who are good enough to start in the NBA.  If they're coming off the bench, Bass might be better if you need bench scoring.  Otherwise, it might be better to take the guy who can be better at playing some minutes as a backup center.  Both guys have performed that role in the past.  I have no opinion on who is better at it.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 05:33:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hump is more of a big, though.  Bass probably would win the skills challenge hands-down, but Hump has more size and gets more boards, which fills the role better than Bass.
Not better, just different. Humphries is a better rebounder, Bass is a better stretch 4. Depends on what you expect from your PF.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think we heard from Danny this afternoon why Humphries won't be bought out. Being tough, training hard, playing 'like men' and all of that is what he said Hump and Bass were contributing to the rebuild by teaching guys like KO now.

He said culture isn't only about winning, but it is about being professionals and doing the things that players need to do to win.

He talked about wanting to see who was working hard and making that commitment through the season to help determine who they were keeping for the future.