Author Topic: 11.9% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today  (Read 80279 times)

Re: 15.6% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be
It doesnt drop significantly. Parker and smart are considered similar talents

I'd disagree with that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The top 6 then there is a drop off

Embiid
Wiggins
Parker
Smart
Exum
Randle

And parker is the worse defender right now out of the 6

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2014, 02:02:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It doesnt drop significantly. Parker and smart are considered similar talents

Even if I agreed (I don't), that trade would probably require moving Rondo, and good luck getting a good offer if other teams know we have to move him.  Not a fan of major trades that require follow-up major trades to fit into place.  And again I'd rather have Parker regardless.

« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The love for parker is incredible to see. Defense is a bigger factor in winning championships not all out offense.

If we drafted parker and wanted offense I would trade him for someone like him later (kyle anderson) and get some extra on top of that

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would like to see someone tell me why parker is alot better than anderson.

« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2014, 02:11:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
The percentage to land a Top 3 pick would be where my real interest lies.
That's what I am interested in as well.

I think there has been a clear separation of talent from Wiggins, Embiid and Parker and the rest of the field. 1-3 is all I care about as I am not too excited over the prospects of landing Randle(we already have a young PF), Exum, Smart(we already have a PG that can pass lights out, rebound and can't shoot) or Gordon(IMHO, the biggest chance of a total bust in the top 10 players).

If we don't end up in the top 3 I hope Danny trades the pick.

I agree with the above and mostly the bolded part.

Similar to 2007, I think the draft lottery may dictate the direction Ainge goes.

If the pick falls in the top-3, I could see Ainge being more palpable to moving Rondo and deciding to build around Parker/Wiggins/Embiid.

If the pick falls out of the top-3, I believe (or hope) Ainge trades it and decides to build around Rondo and the acquired star.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be
The love for parker is incredible to see. Defense is a bigger factor in winning championships not all out offense.

If we drafted parker and wanted offense I would trade him for someone like him later (kyle anderson) and get some extra on top of that

This team needs a scorer...bad.  There is clearly a scoring deficiency right now.  Parker would fill a HUGE void in that aspect not to mention that players in the mold of Pierce & Melo don't come along every draft.  Parker fits that mold, IMO.  He can create his own shot which is sorely lacking.

Defense be [dang]ed at the moment.  I'm fine with the Celtics compensating in different ways and I think its way too early to consider a bust on the pro level defensively.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2014, 02:14:58 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I would like to see someone tell me why parker is alot better than anderson.

Who is Anderson?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think there has been a clear separation of talent from Wiggins, Embiid and Parker and the rest of the field. 1-3 is all I care about as I am not too excited over the prospects of landing Randle(we already have a young PF), Exum, Smart(we already have a PG that can pass lights out, rebound and can't shoot) or Gordon(IMHO, the biggest chance of a total bust in the top 10 players).

Similar to 2007, I think the draft lottery may dictate the direction Ainge goes.

If the pick falls in the top-3, I could see Ainge being more palpable to moving Rondo and deciding to build around Parker/Wiggins/Embiid.

If the pick falls out of the top-3, I believe (or hope) Ainge trades it and decides to build around Rondo and the acquired star.

See, I'm just not convinced that there are going to be really good stars available by the time of the draft. 

I would be unhappy if Ainge traded a top 5 pick in this draft to acquire anything less than a perennial All-Star and potential MVP candidate.

Maybe Melo will be available in a S+T kind of situation, but I'm skeptical. 
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Boy am I glad you don't work in the front office.

« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

This team needs a scorer...bad.  There is clearly a scoring deficiency right now.  Parker would fill a HUGE void in that aspect not to mention that players in the mold of Pierce & Melo don't come along every draft.  Parker fits that mold, IMO.  He can create his own shot which is sorely lacking.

Defense be [dang]ed at the moment.  I'm fine with the Celtics compensating in different ways and I think its way too early to consider a bust on the pro level defensively.

In this league, it's much harder to find elite volume scorers than it is to find solid defenders.

Focus on getting an unguardable scorer (or two) first, and then surround them with defensive role players.

Other than maybe Embiid, it's not like there are guys available in this draft (or via trade) that are dominant on the defensive end, anyhow.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
While Parker isn't playing the greatest defense in college, he does have the tools to be a very good defender. He has excellent footwork and his lateral movement is very good. He also has elite initial burst forward to close out on people. Physically, he's 6'8", solid and strong with a 7 foot reach means that with work, he should be a very good defender in the right system and with the right coaching.

« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
While Parker isn't playing the greatest defense in college, he does have the tools to be a very good defender. He has excellent footwork and his lateral movement is very good. He also has elite initial burst forward to close out on people. Physically, he's 6'8", solid and strong with a 7 foot reach means that with work, he should be a very good defender in the right system and with the right coaching.
He looks awful for Duke, but they're most playing him at PF and C. He's clearly lost playing as a "Big" on defense. Doesn't handle post ups or defending the pick and roll well.

« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Yeah.  It's not like Pierce was an amazing defender early in his career.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

See, I'm just not convinced that there are going to be really good stars available by the time of the draft. 

I would be unhappy if Ainge traded a top 5 pick in this draft to acquire anything less than a perennial All-Star and potential MVP candidate.

Maybe Melo will be available in a S+T kind of situation, but I'm skeptical.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to tell who would be available but names like Love or Melo are always mentioned.

I'm just not very high on guys outside the top-3.

That being said, I wanted Shabazz Muhammed this year so my draft scouting is about as accurate as Chris Broussard's "rumors".
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.