Author Topic: Nets (4-1) at Celtics (1-6) Preseason Game #8 10/23  (Read 31651 times)

Re: Nets (4-1) at Celtics (1-6) Preseason Game #8 10/23
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
finally looked more like a team than in any other game so far.

take away for the night: our starters du jour are better than other team's scrubs.  too bad they're not better than another team's starters.

« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2990
This year.......

Well..........I'll take this win

Each win......no matter how shallow ......is sweet this year

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
KO should shoot more and Faverani is a beast.

« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2013, 09:40:04 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 983
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
where is Surferdad ?? I wonder what he thought of that KO basket
Right here dude.  I like KO, very much, but he does not have a complete game.  He is a mediocre rebounder, he is slow on the defensive switches, and just needs some seasoning.

« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Sully and KO ......will be a force by the end of the year.........just need a couple young Stud Stars to go with them and a nice Center to help Fav

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
- Happy for the win, but it was only against the nets , so can't get too excited.

- Faverani was tonights MVP. A total game, plus 6 blocks. Danny seriously made up with the blunder of picking Melo , getting this kid

- Jeff Green even though again didn't shoot at an efficient rate was alot more agressive. Got to the line. Really liked seeing this.

- Gerald Wallace is a crazy player. His energy never waivers and looks like he could play the whole game without an issue. Terrific shape

- AB had a decent game. Just played to his strengths and made some nice basket

- Birthday boy JCRAW was horrific once again. Looks like Brooks is also not part of the regular rotation. Its the right call. Just a pure selfish player.

Nice win and hope we can build from it

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2013, 09:48:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Right here dude.  I like KO, very much, but he does not have a complete game.  He is a mediocre rebounder, he is slow on the defensive switches, and just needs some seasoning.

Surferdad c'mon. You dwell on the negative too much.  Olynyk already has a got out of jail free card being that he is a rookie. Rookie's are suppose to make alot more mistakes and look dead lost out there.

Olynyk didn't score 20 or had 10 rebounds, but he also played a good game, had like 1 turnover and made some clutch baskets down the line.  If you expect the world from him or expect him to be like KG, you are not going to get that. But he is ahead of the curve already.

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2013, 09:50:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Pressey led all players. .....+8.   When h is on th court .....he only played 10 minutes.

Pressey  needs to play. 2 x.  That min   Or C's to win games.

aB ...just isn't a point guard.......

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Surferdad c'mon. You dwell on the negative too much.  Olynyk already has a got out of jail free card being that he is a rookie. Rookie's are suppose to make alot more mistakes and look dead lost out there.

Olynyk didn't score 20 or had 10 rebounds, but he also played a good game, had like 1 turnover and made some clutch baskets down the line.  If you expect the world from him or expect him to be like KG, you are not going to get that. But he is ahead of the curve already.

He actually has 0 turnovers my friend.

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I know there are tons of Bass haters, but he played well tonight, 16 points 9 rebounds 3 of them were offensive rebounds 6-10 from the field, and 1 block in 17 minutes.

Him and Faverani were the best players tonight. Heck, most of our players not named Jcraw were pretty good tonight. lol

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:22 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Now I want to beat down the Raps for trash talking the C's.

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Respect to Bass for his efforts to night.

Glade Brooks sat.........bet DA had something to do with that ....Brooks  needed. Some attitude adjustment

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I know there are tons of Bass haters, but he played well tonight, 16 points 9 rebounds 3 of them were offensive rebounds 6-10 from the field, and 1 block in 17 minutes.

Him and Faverani were the best players tonight. Heck, most of our players not named Jcraw were pretty good tonight. lol

I have never in my life understood the hate for Bass. He has limitations. Thats why he was drafted in the 2nd round. But he possesses a long wingspan, can guard multiple positions, doesn't take a play off and has decent basketball iq now. He is competitive.

There is no point of trading a guy like Bass. He has a fair contract and a good role model for the younger guys to look up to.

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2013, 10:02:32 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

I have never in my life understood the hate for Bass. He has limitations. Thats why he was drafted in the 2nd round. But he possesses a long wingspan, can guard multiple positions, doesn't take a play off and has decent basketball iq now. He is competitive.

There is no point of trading a guy like Bass. He has a fair contract and a good role model for the younger guys to look up to.

Agreed.
But you know some fans, if he's not the next KG or Mchale he's a scrub. LOL!!

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 983
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Dont over-interpret my criticism. Of course I give him a rookie pass. I'm just saying he is not a starter right now. Like I said, I like him very much but so far we have only seen him in pre-season against teams that are not putting their best out there.