Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 257831 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #390 on: August 30, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Why not just start Super Intendent Chalmers?

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Monta Ellis
Shane Battier
Lebron James
Deandre Jordan

This might be the best option IMO

SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

With Baby subbing in for Jordan if needed, and Monta as a 6th.

Without Monta, there's not enough scoring in the starting lineup to compete.  That's a very beatable squad.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #391 on: August 30, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Why not just start Super Intendent Chalmers?

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Monta Ellis
Shane Battier
Lebron James
Deandre Jordan

This might be the best option IMO

SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

With Baby subbing in for Jordan if needed, and Monta as a 6th. That's pretty much game over, right?

That is an interesting idea. I like that.

I think LeBron + Ibaka + D.Jordan work well as a starting frontcourt. The problem is adding Monta Ellis into the mix because he is a slasher and not a shooter. Floor spacing becomes more difficult. Then throw Bradley in on top of it and the floor gets squeezed even more.

Moving Monta Ellis to the bench and sticking in another shooter in Chalmers addresses that nicely while keeping their toughest defensive + rebounding combinations in tact to open games. Then go smaller with more offense on the floor as the game goes on once Minnesota have set the tone for their defense early.

« Reply #392 on: August 30, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Wouldn't you want more perimeter shooting with Lebron?

Chalmers
Bradley / Ellis
Korver
Lebron
Ibaka / Jordan

I still don't think that unit scores enough.

I'd probably lean toward:

Ellis
Bradley
Korver
Lebron
Ibaka

Or, use Battier instead of Korver.  There's this seeming misconception that Lebron needs shooters around him to be successful.  That's not true; last year, Miami's base starting lineup was Bosh-Haslem-Lebron-Wade-Chalmers.  For the record, that's one other three point shooter.

I think on Minnesota, Ibaka plays the Bosh role and Monta replicates (a lesser) Wade.  Keep guys in those roles, instead of removing all offense from the starting lineup.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

With Baby subbing in for Jordan if needed, and Monta as a 6th. That's pretty much game over, right?

Lebron would be the only above average facilitator AND shot creator in that entire lineup. It'd be a defensive juggernaut, but they're going to have a tough, tough time scoring.

« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:58 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

Lebron would be the only above average facilitator AND shot creator in that entire lineup. It'd be a defensive juggernaut, but they're going to have a tough, tough time scoring.

I'm not seeing it as vastly different from today's Heat in terms of facilitating.

« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

I'm not seeing it as vastly different from today's Heat in terms of facilitating.

Wade

« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

Then you're ignoring Wade's 5 assists per game.

« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
SNES
Avery
Lebron
Ibaka
Jordan

Wade
Which is why I think having Ellis in the starting lineup is the way to go. He can do some of Wade's work.

But just like Wade, Ellis creates spacing issues. you need shooting at the other positions.

« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Looking at Minnesota's lineup more than ever I think back to the Jordan selection. Nene struck me (after the fact when champkind took him) as being such a great fit for that draft pick.

« Reply #399 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
They could play Farmar instead of Chalmers. Out of the Chalmers, A.Bradley and Farmar trio = Farmar is their best dribble drive threat, scorer and playmaker. Good outside shooter.

G: Farmar
G: A.Bradley
F: LeBron
F: Ibaka
C: D.Joran

« Reply #400 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Since I'll be on vacation during voting, I might not be able to access the internet enough to talk about my team as much as I'd like, and I know my co-GM is also quite busy. SO PLEASE, feel free to really look at this team in-depth and comment about it.

Jose Calderon | Jose Juan Barea | Michael Carter-Williams
Wesley Matthews | Carlos Delfino | Jeremy Lamb
Luc Mbah a Moute | Quincy Pondexter
Dirk Nowitzki | Ed Davis | Kelly Olynyk
Marc Gasol | Jermaine O'Neal

The Jose's and their defense has been beaten to death already, so that doesn't need to be pointed out. It's actually not that big of a deal IMO and I'll address why in our presser.

The SF rotation is still up in the air but it'll boil down to matchups. LRMAM against taller SFs and the elite players, with QP deployed against the rest of the field. I will point out that I feel like there's enough offensive weapons and floor spacers on the team already that LRMAM's offensive liabilities really won't sink us on that end of the floor.

Those two have pretty much been the only two critiques about our team so far, so I'd like to hear more; if our team is seriously so good that there aren't any problems with the team, please let us know that  ;D Personally, I think the biggest challenge this team will face is its lack of marketability; none of these players compete in big markets and none of them have flashy play styles. We're going to play smart, efficient basketball on both ends of the court, but that generally doesn't garner a lot of attention (see: real life San Antonio Spurs).

Thanks y'all!

« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
So if you start Monta Ellis, do you start Bradley or go with Chalmers/Farmar?

G:
G: Monta Ellis
F: LeBron James
F: Serge Ibaka
C: DeAndre Jordan

« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be

G:

I'd start Chalmers.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Involved in trade talks but I'll throw it up there to the hounds to pick at.

Rondo/Hinrich/Udrih
Martin/Garcia
Williams/Harkless/Evans
Sanders/Bargs
Lopez/Frye/Victor Fav

Positives: Like my team. Like my depth. Love my Sanders/Lopez combo downlow I think its deadly.

Offense: I like Lopez, Martin and Bargs to put up point with open looks from Rondo and their floor spreading ability. Williams can create his own offense and will get his points. Bargs, Martin, Garcia, Hinrich Frye and Udrih can all hit the long ball.

Defense: Again, love what Sanders Lopez brings. Rondo, Hinrich, Garcia are all great wing defenders. Harkless is an underrated defender with good size.

Cons/Improvements: Need an upgrade at the three slot possibly. Im comfortable with Williams and Harkless but may need a more true three than Williams there.

« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

G:

I'd start Chalmers.

Yeah, I think I trust that lineup more with Chalmers outside shooting there than with Bradley's superior defense.

And I like having Farmar as backup PG alongside Bradley because he is their most creative offensive guard of that trio. Best guy to take up some of the slack while one of or both LeBron/Monta rests.