Author Topic: Kobe Achilles Rehab - Really?  (Read 7915 times)

Re: Kobe Achilles Rehab - Really?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
the NBA seems to largely escape much suspicion about PED use because it's not a sport in which being quicker, faster, more explosive and having better endurance are important

are u serious?  ???

Extremely.

Then you have no clue what you're talking about, sir.  Ignorance at best (if you ask me) to think NBA basketball doesn't require quickness, explosiveness, and endurance, or even strength.  Smh.

And there is no fact to your claim that Kobe is the hardest working athlete of all time.  Complete BS on that as well. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:43:47 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Athletes and PEDs is a repetitive trend so I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe is using them or have used them. As much I dislike tha Lakers I would hate for Kobe to be among tha athletes that have been caught using PEDs. He's one of tha best competitors tha NBA has had and I highly respect him as a player. I love competitive players and his competitiveness is bar-none. He's also been known to play through his injuries so while it wouldn't surprise me if he was using them, I doubt he is. His career would be greatly tarnished.

I would question LeBron before I would Kobe.

Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
the NBA seems to largely escape much suspicion about PED use because it's not a sport in which being quicker, faster, more explosive and having better endurance are important

are u serious?  ???

Extremely.

Then you have no clue what you're talking about, sir.  Ignorance at best (if you ask me) to think NBA basketball doesn't require quickness, explosiveness, and endurance, or even strength.  Smh.

And there is no fact to your claim that Kobe is the hardest working athlete of all time.  Complete BS on that as well.
i think you might of gotten trolled...
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 02:30:05 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i cant hate on Kobe
but it dont mean i love him
dude has played thru injuries most
sit out for weeks
he will come back from this and play
but his game will be greatly effected

Celtics will have a better record then the Lakers
for YEARS to come..

*sippin*

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 03:07:43 AM »

Kiorrik

i cant hate on Kobe
but it dont mean i love him
dude has played thru injuries most
sit out for weeks
he will come back from this and play
but his game will be greatly effected

Celtics will have a better record then the Lakers
for YEARS to come..

*sippin*
One can hope.

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 08:15:48 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Kobe have dat elongated big ol head

looking like an ET

naw......dude ain't human

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't bet, but I would bet big money he is using PEDs. You can't rehab an achilles, it has to heal. Went to Germany for the knee that was questionable, now China (the king of PEDs) for his achilles?

Love to see him get tested!

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Bulls’ Derrick Rose: NBA has a steroids problem

Derrick Rose, the NBA's most valuable player and star point guard of the Chicago Bulls, recently said that basketball has a huge steroids problem.  Rose, whose team is currently in the NBA playoffs, also called for a more level playing field in his sport.

Rose was asked the following question by ESPN the Magazine, If 1 equals 'What are PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs)'? and 10 equals 'Everybody's Juicing'...How big of an issue is illegal enhancing in your sport?

In response, Rose said, Seven. It's huge, and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person.

The point guards' bold declaration comes in direct contrast with a 2005 statement by NBA commissioner David Stern during the height of scrutiny into the steroids issue that year.

It's not a problem at the present time that we think we have, Stern told ESPN.

Lebron James, star of the Bulls' playoff opponent Miami Heat, agreed with Stern in a 2005 Maxim interview. When asked about steroids in the basketball, James responded, It's something that's not done.

James explained, It's just something in the NBA that hasn't been done, so no one's going to start. I wouldn't expect to see anybody taking steroids in the game of basketball. That would be kind of crazy.

Unlike the MLB and NFL, the NBA has not had to enforce its steroid policy very often. Darius Miles, Rashard Lewis, and O.J. Mayo were suspended under the policy in recent years, which calls for a 10-game suspension after the first offense.  In the NBA's history, none of the players ever caught taking steroids could be considered star players.

Roses' declaration, comes only weeks after he became the youngest player in league history to win the league's MVP award.  Rose is currently facing the biggest challenge in his young career, as his playoff series against the Heat is currently tied 1-1 with a Game 3 tip-off later tonight.

http://www.ibtimes.com/bulls%E2%80%99-derrick-rose-nba-has-steroids-problem-644189

WOW

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Funny Lebron agreed with Stern

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »

Offline CantBeRight

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...BUT 17
He sold his soul to the devil.
Celtics fan in Houston.

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Until the NBA starts to care about possible cheating and testing honestly without forewarning its players, the mountain of questions and accusations will build and build, much as it did in MLB.

And, that Regenokine surgery Kobe underwent in Germany isn't exactly FDA-approved, and probably should (and will eventually) be entirely illegal.  Here's a quote from an ESPN article on the subject: "The reason Kobe, A-Rod, and other athletes travel to Germany for their biologic treatments [i.e. Regenokine] involves a vague FDA regulation that mandates that all human tissues (such as blood and bone marrow) can only be "minimally manipulated," or else they are classified as a drug and subject to much stricter governmental regulations."

It would be naive to think that NBA stars and scrubs are ignoring all these PEDs and competing on fair ground, especially since their testing program is a joke.

Let's not forget that it is often the most competitive individuals in sports (Armstrong, Clemens, Bonds, every track and field star) that will do anything to succeed... including cheating and lying about it.

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Until the NBA starts to care about possible cheating and testing honestly without forewarning its players, the mountain of questions and accusations will build and build, much as it did in MLB.

And, that Regenokine surgery Kobe underwent in Germany isn't exactly FDA-approved, and probably should (and will eventually) be entirely illegal.  Here's a quote from an ESPN article on the subject: "The reason Kobe, A-Rod, and other athletes travel to Germany for their biologic treatments [i.e. Regenokine] involves a vague FDA regulation that mandates that all human tissues (such as blood and bone marrow) can only be "minimally manipulated," or else they are classified as a drug and subject to much stricter governmental regulations."

It would be naive to think that NBA stars and scrubs are ignoring all these PEDs and competing on fair ground, especially since their testing program is a joke.

Let's not forget that it is often the most competitive individuals in sports (Armstrong, Clemens, Bonds, every track and field star) that will do anything to succeed... including cheating and lying about it.

That's exactly why I think he's on something.  His unhealthy competitive nature has been well documented over the years.  I have mad respect for his work ethic and his competitiveness but it's also that same competitive nature that pushes them to PEDs when they are naturally suppose to be declining because they just can't fathom being the shadow of what they once was.

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 01:27:58 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm not sure I would condemn the procedure simply because the FDA hasn't approved it.  The FDA is nothing more than a bureaucracy that rewards the companies with the most money to buy them off.  I don't particularly trust that they always have the best interest of the public foremost in their agenda.

Also, having worked in the medical device manufacturing industry, and having knowledge in US FDA regulations (CFR Part 21), the  European MDD (directives-90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC & 98/79/EEC), Canadian FDA regulations (GUI's-too many to name), as well as QSR's covered under ISO:13485; I'd say the EU MDD is the most fair and logical.

Now, I don't have particular knowledge of the procedure Kobe underwent in Germany (and the procedure is likely covered under slightly different reg's), but if it is in fact regulated by the EU MDD, I'd trust it to be safe.  European medicine is far more advanced, and on the 'cutting edge' than American medicine.

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38

I'm not sure I would condemn the procedure simply because the FDA hasn't approved it.  The FDA is nothing more than a bureaucracy that rewards the companies with the most money to buy them off.  I don't particularly trust that they always have the best interest of the public foremost in their agenda.

Also, having worked in the medical device manufacturing industry, and having knowledge in US FDA regulations (CFR Part 21), the  European MDD (directives-90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC & 98/79/EEC), Canadian FDA regulations (GUI's-too many to name), as well as QSR's covered under ISO:13485; I'd say the EU MDD is the most fair and logical.

Now, I don't have particular knowledge of the procedure Kobe underwent in Germany (and the procedure is likely covered under slightly different reg's), but if it is in fact regulated by the EU MDD, I'd trust it to be safe.  European medicine is far more advanced, and on the 'cutting edge' than American medicine.

Nice points from someone who is "in the know."

I know the FDA is a broken bureaucracy, much like every other bureaucracy in his country.  I know they're greedy.  I know they're hypocritical.

But, Regenokine still doesn't pass the level-playing-field test.  If an athlete has to run off to another country and spend millions to have a controversial surgery or blood rejuvenation or whatever creepy thing Kobe had done... it isn't right.

I know the following personal opinion will go beyond the scope of this discussion and may not hold weight with anyone else here, but I want my athletes to be human beings, not genetically-altered, artificially-enhanced super beings.  I want a completely level, clean playing field so that I can watch the purest available form of the sports I love, and so that I can admire certain great athletes based on their performance against other athletes on an honest level.

I know there have been problems in every sport in the past (e.g. amphetamines), and that is disappointing, but that isn't an excuse for players to cheat in new and different ways now. 

Enough of the cheating nonsense.  What constitutes cheating?  In my humble opinion, anything that everyman John Smith cannot purchase legally in a local vitamin shop.  But, for the sake of this discussion, I'll say anything that isn't legal and available in the country in which the sport is played.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Most fair and logical" if you're the manufacturer, perhaps. PMAs in the US functions just fine, as far as I have seen.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."