Author Topic: BOYCOTT Game 7!!!!!  (Read 6757 times)

Re: BOYCOTT Game 7!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 01:15:36 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Oh please.  That Game 6 was the best game of the season.

The NBA did nothing but good for its brand tonight.

The NBA doesn't have a brand. It's an organization, not Shakira.

I can't tell if this is a statement or a joke that I am simply not understanding.

Organizations can and do have brands.  The NBA definitely has a brand, actually it is a brand.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
What a joke.  The Allen play on Ginobili and the Bosh contest on Danny Green's three pointer weren't even fouls--if there was contact on either of those plays it was minimal.

I'm disappointed in you folks, I really am.  That was one of the most well fought NBA finals games in recent memory.  Stop trying to cheapen it with pathetic cries about the referees.

Agreed.

Thirded.  Incredible game, I was rooting for SA so I wish those calls had been made, but they were consistent with how the game was called in crunch time.  Particularly the Bosh play.

Hats off to LeBron, Allen, and even Bosh for their big plays, though I can't stand two of them.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I can't tell if this is a statement or a joke that I am simply not understanding.

Organizations can and do have brands.  The NBA definitely has a brand.

joke. when do people seriously reference Shakira?? or why dont they, may be a better question
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:47 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

joke. when do people seriously reference Shakira?? or why dont they, may be a better question

Good question.  I'm a fan.  Nice diversion from an otherwise disappointing night.  Is she making music again after her turn as host of The Voice?

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Good question.  I'm a fan.  Nice diversion from an otherwise disappointing night.  Is she making music again after her turn as host of The Voice?

I think she's still acting, but I don't know about music. I didn't even know about her role on the Voice (a fine show). Heading straight to youtube... :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 01:26:39 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

I think she's still acting, but I don't know about music. I didn't even know about her role on the Voice (a fine show). Heading straight to youtube... :)

Ha. TP.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Celtics18,

I am concerned for you and your eyesight:-))  Did you hear what the announcers (who usually side with the Heat) said after the NO CALL on Ray Allen vs. Manu???

I really hope you are being tongue in cheek.

Smitty77

I'm being completely earnest.  Look deep inside yourself, do some honest self-reflection, and tell me you weren't just watching that game waiting for anything that you could grasp onto to convince yourself that the NBA is nothing but the WWF with a basketball. 

It's not.  That was a well officiated game, and those were good no-calls at the end of regulation.  If the plays had been reversed, you'd have been furious if the whistle was blown.

After some honest self-reflection, I have two basic questions for you C18:

1. Please explain the GOOD "no calls" that went against Miami in the last 60 seconds!!!

2. Do YOU really think that Ray did not pull Manu's arm off the ball at the elbow and make him lose the ball???  PLEASE watch the replay!!!!

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I have boycotted the entire series, watched Pretty little liars with the fiance last night and then USMNT vs Honduras...  Much better use of my time.    Also, Go Bruins!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I will watch it because I enjoy basketball and am not a conspiracy theorist.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4601
Celtics18,

I am concerned for you and your eyesight:-))  Did you hear what the announcers (who usually side with the Heat) said after the NO CALL on Ray Allen vs. Manu???

Smitty77

I'm being completely earnest.  Look deep inside yourself, do some honest self-reflection, and tell me you weren't just watching that game waiting for anything that you could grasp onto to convince yourself that the NBA is nothing but the WWF with a basketball. 

It's not.  That was a well officiated game, and those were good no-calls at the end of regulation.  If the plays had been reversed, you'd have been furious if the whistle was blown.

1. Please explain the GOOD "no calls" that went against Miami in the last 60 seconds!!!

2. Do YOU really think that Ray did not pull Manu's arm off the ball at the elbow and make him lose the ball???  PLEASE watch the replay!!!!

Thanks,

Smitty77

When you watch that replay, tell me how many steps Ginobili takes.

If you're mad they didn't call a foul, you should be glad they didn't call a travel.  Kind of evens out I think.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I will watch it because I enjoy basketball and am not a conspiracy theorist.

I remember there being the big Jordan gets preferrential treatment narrative when he played but was there this level of conspiracy theory?  I'm curious.  It's really dumb.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What a joke.  The Allen play on Ginobili and the Bosh contest on Danny Green's three pointer weren't even fouls--if there was contact on either of those plays it was minimal.

I'm disappointed in you folks, I really am.  That was one of the most well fought NBA finals games in recent memory.  Stop trying to cheapen it with pathetic cries about the referees.

Agreed.

Thirded.  Incredible game, I was rooting for SA so I wish those calls had been made, but they were consistent with how the game was called in crunch time.  Particularly the Bosh play.

Hats off to LeBron, Allen, and even Bosh for their big plays, though I can't stand two of them.

It was a great game.  However, are all three of you saying that the non-calls related to the Manu drive and the Green three point attempt aren't fouls?

If so, I strongly disagree with that.  I won't disagree that officials have a propensity to swallow their whistles on plays late in games, but by the rulebook -- and 90% of the time -- those are both called fouls.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:41:50 AM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Celtics18,

Smitty77

Thanks,

Smitty77

When you watch that replay, tell me how many steps Ginobili takes.

If you're mad they didn't call a foul, you should be glad they didn't call a travel.  Kind of evens out I think.

I despise the Heat with absolute passion and have been rooting for the Spurs since the C's were eliminated but I have to agree with this. Yes, Manu was hacked but he did travel (something James gets away with often) so it did even out.

This was SAS game to lose in that last minute and they did just that. With the missed FT's and that ill-advised jumper by Parker near the end of regulation they brought Game 7 on themselves.

With a crushing defeat like that I feel the Heat have a much better chance at taking the title after this game than if they'd had a blow out.

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Celtics18,

Smitty77

Thanks,

Smitty77

If Lebron got the preferential treatment Jordan did, you'd probably have an aneurysm.  The game was called fairly - there were some missed calls, but they went both ways.  Lebron got called for an offensive off the ball foul on parker down the stretch that was a load of BS.  Although it was acted, Duncan pushed Bosh on a box out that got no called.  The refs properly let the game go on.  The Ray no call was dicey, but no one is calling the minimal body contact of Bosh on Green.

Get over it.  The heat are really good.  I hate them too.  But if they win it's not because the refs handed them anything.  SA's missed FTs, turnovers, inability to consistently score baskets down the stretch, and inexplicable benching of duncan in the reg last minute allowing Miami to get 2 second chance threes is what cost them the game.  Not the 2 calls you referenced.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Folks don't think that that is a foul?

If that sort of defense is allowed, FG% on jump shots will be around 15% next year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes