Author Topic: Ryan mallett to the Browns ?(rumor)  (Read 9049 times)

Re: Ryan mallett to the Browns ?(rumor)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
bleacher report has the pats getting the browns 1st round pick which is the 6th overall in return for maybe mallet and the pats 1st. 

i think if this happens, the pats spin that pick for lower and future picks.

I should have stopped reading after the first two words, but the thought that the Pats are going to get the 6th pick in the draft in return for Mallett and the 30th+ pick is laughable.

Agreed thats not happening and would be an incredibly stupid move for the Browns. Mallett hasn't proved he's worth nearly that much... I'll be shocked if we got a 4th round pick for him let alone the 6th pick in the entire draft...

It wouldn't be Mallett for #6, it would be Mallett for #6 + Pats first rounder.  I still think that's too much for Mallett but given how weak the draft is this year, it is not as far fetched as you might think.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
bleacher report has the pats getting the browns 1st round pick which is the 6th overall in return for maybe mallet and the pats 1st. 

I should have stopped reading after the first two words, but the thought that the Pats are going to get the 6th pick in the draft in return for Mallett and the 30th+ pick is laughable.

Agreed thats not happening and would be an incredibly stupid move for the Browns. Mallett hasn't proved he's worth nearly that much... I'll be shocked if we got a 4th round pick for him let alone the 6th pick in the entire draft...

It wouldn't be Mallett for #6, it would be Mallett for #6 + Pats first rounder.  I still think that's too much for Mallett but given how weak the draft is this year, it is not as far fetched as you might think.

I think you're underestimating the value of moving up 24 spots in the first round.  That costs a lot more than Ryan Mallett.

For instance, the Jets had to give up three players and a 2nd rounder to move up from the 17th pick to the 5th pick to draft Mark Sanchez.  To move up 21 slots to draft Julio Jones at #6, the Falcons gave up their 1st, a 2nd, two fourths, and a 1st the following year.

There's a huge value differential between the top of the round and the bottom.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I think you're underestimating the value of moving up 24 spots in the first round.  That costs a lot more than Ryan Mallett.

For instance, the Jets had to give up three players and a 2nd rounder to move up from the 17th pick to the 5th pick to draft Mark Sanchez.  To move up 21 slots to draft Julio Jones at #6, the Falcons gave up their 1st, a 2nd, two fourths, and a 1st the following year.

There's a huge value differential between the top of the round and the bottom.

Agreed. As I said its too steep a price for Mallett.

I'm just:
1. Clarifying the terms of the rumor, and
2. Pointing out it is a weak draft. There are no Julio Joneses in this draft.  There may well be Mark Sanchezes, though.
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 09:40:43 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
They just burned a first on weeden...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Looks like Bill will get something for Mallet.  Rumors today are Cleveland and Tampa.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."