Think I got my Regular Season Rotation Down.
Jeremy Lin (30) / Jason Kidd (18)
JR Smith (30) / Jason Kidd (7) / Jared Dudley (11)
Jared Dudley (24) / Shane Battier (24)
Kevin Garnett (30) / Chris Kaman (7) / Epke Udoh (11)
Tim Duncan (30) / Chris Kaman (18)
Positions can get a little shuffled but those are the minutes you're looking at.
I love the front court but question the addition of Kaman as TD and KG really aren't playing too much PF at the moment. I could see some problems with fast, athletic, perimeter PFs and how this team would cope with them. Bron, Melo, Smith, Love, etc will go bonkers as soon as your rotation goes TD and Kaman. I thought a more traditional PF would have worked better as an addition.
I like the Battier/Dudley platoon probably a lot more than most but the back court is just...yuck. If Lin isn't brilliant or Smith not going 6 for 9 from long range without somehow disrupting everyone else's rhythm every night, then you ain't winning a lot of games in this league.
Still would pay money every night to watch this team for the entertainment value alone.
- First, how good would the KG/TD front court defense be by mid season going into the playoffs? Wow!
- How long before KG just clocks Smith after taking yet another 28 footer with 18 seconds left on the shot clock?
- Just how fast could a brilliant kid like Lin learn from two of the best player role models you would ever want to be around? Could their influence over a year transform Lin into something more?
- Dudley, Battier, TD, KG, Kaman, Udoh, Lin, Kidd. They're just a bunch of seemingly decent and good guys to cheer for. It would be easy to fall in love with this team, win or lose.
- Besides you are the Celtics!!