Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484148 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)
« Reply #3870 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've just noticed almost my whole team is locked up for three more years. Chemistry will get as good as it gets, while the GM sits back, relaxes and gets three rings. ;)

You're planning to get married each year?

Burn!!!  :o

« Reply #3871 on: February 26, 2013, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
this may have already been answered elsewhere but I couldn't seem to find it, but what other types of drafts exist here on CB?

I think there's Pick Two, CB Summer Draft and correct me if I'm wrong, but CB HISTORICAL DRAFT?

Pick 2 and CB Summer Draft are fixtures each year. CB Summer is generally done mid to late August.

Then early summer there's generally a Historical Draft (which varies on what decades are allowed) and then some more silly drafts like the Ultimate Draft (which is just random, non basketball stuff)

Thanks Orien TP. Just out of curiosity, how did these drafts come about?

I believe the idea of draft is the brainchild of Nick and Roy's, though I'm definitely far from positive.

And I'm pretty sure the idea for it came to help kill the dog days of summer in between free agency and the regular season.

« Reply #3872 on: February 26, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
this may have already been answered elsewhere but I couldn't seem to find it, but what other types of drafts exist here on CB?

I think there's Pick Two, CB Summer Draft and correct me if I'm wrong, but CB HISTORICAL DRAFT?

Pick 2 and CB Summer Draft are fixtures each year. CB Summer is generally done mid to late August.

Then early summer there's generally a Historical Draft (which varies on what decades are allowed) and then some more silly drafts like the Ultimate Draft (which is just random, non basketball stuff)

I believe the idea of draft is the brainchild of Nick and Roy's, though I'm definitely far from positive.

And I'm pretty sure the idea for it came to help kill the dog days of summer in between free agency and the regular season.

hmm interesting. would be interested in more of these...maybe one around playoff time
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3873 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

This summer draft will be my last one (Got a new job that starts in September).  gotta go out with a bang I think
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3874 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Truthfor18 check yo PM
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #3875 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The CB Draft was created by CFF and myself.  The basic draft structure was CFF's brainchild, and we developed it together.  From there, we've refined it a bit over time.

The Pick 2 Draft sprang from that.  I came up with the idea of adjusting the draft structure to try to make the teams resemble real ones a bit more.  Like with the CB Draft, we try to refine it year to year.

The Historic Draft is nick's baby.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3876 on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I've just noticed almost my whole team is locked up for three more years. Chemistry will get as good as it gets, while the GM sits back, relaxes and gets three rings. ;)

You're planning to get married each year?

Burn!!!  :o

Oh, if we're bragging about our bookwork...

Tim Duncan (9.6 / 10.3 / 10 play op)
Kevin Garnett (11.5 / 12.4 / 12 (opt)
Shane Battier (3.1 / 3.2)
JR Smith (2.8 / 2.9 play op)
Jeremy Lin (8.3 / 8.3 / 8/3)
Jared Dudley (4.2 / 4.2 / 4.2 / 4.2 eto)
Jason Kidd (3.0 / 3.0 / 3.0)
Chris Kaman (8.0)

No players under salary after 3 years exept maybe Jared Dudley

« Reply #3877 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
At the end, a thread should be made where each GM can write a few paragraphs explaining their team (why they drafted who, goal for their team, motivations, trades they made, etc) to everyone else ;D It would be fun (for me at least), and voluntary
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3878 on: February 26, 2013, 09:12:40 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
At the end, a thread should be made where each GM can write a few paragraphs explaining their team (why they drafted who, goal for their team, motivations, trades they made, etc) to everyone else ;D It would be fun (for me at least), and voluntary

Yeah we do that during the summer draft, which is a far more competitive atmosphere, pick 2 is more laid back and chill.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #3879 on: February 26, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

The CB Draft was created by CFF and myself.  The basic draft structure was CFF's brainchild, and we developed it together.  From there, we've refined it a bit over time.

The Pick 2 Draft sprang from that.  I came up with the idea of adjusting the draft structure to try to make the teams resemble real ones a bit more.  Like with the CB Draft, we try to refine it year to year.

The Historic Draft is nick's baby.

any new drafts in the works Roy?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #3880 on: February 26, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Yeah we do that during the summer draft, which is a far more competitive atmosphere, pick 2 is more laid back and chill.

I would still rather write one  :P

I would probably write a book on it, if I had the time O_o
I'm overly defensive about everything I do O_O
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3881 on: February 26, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
This game is called Pick 2, because we picked two ppl at the start, correct?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #3882 on: February 26, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
any new drafts in the works Roy?

Not currently.  We usually have one random non-basketball draft during the year, but right now I think things are pretty saturated with three basketball drafts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3883 on: February 26, 2013, 10:08:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
All you new GMs that participated in the pick 2, I highly recommend becoming a GM in the CB draft in the summer if there's room. The start from scratch thing is really fun. You have more sense of pride in your team just because you created yourself. Although its really competitive and some people get their feelings hurt. If you are able to put that aside, you'll enjoy it. Not to mention the playoffs gets really intense.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3884 on: February 26, 2013, 10:30:31 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
All you new GMs that participated in the pick 2, I highly recommend becoming a GM in the CB draft in the summer if there's room. The start from scratch thing is really fun. You have more sense of pride in your team just because you created yourself. Although its really competitive and some people get their feelings hurt. If you are able to put that aside, you'll enjoy it. Not to mention the playoffs gets really intense.

Yeah, it's been pretty fun.  Way better than your traditional "fantasy league".  Putting together a cohesive roster, where the players complement each other and actually make sense as a unit, is so much different than just some random compilation of guys who put up stats.

Definitely will think about the CB draft if time permits.